Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 07-28-2014, 01:01 PM   #1
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Friends: (5)
Default E-Micro Sbach 342 3D Brushless

Not the beginner entry but when ready a fun flyer even in backyard, give more space for maiden.

Like the brushless motor. Flew like on rails. Was an easy hand launch.

Error did maiden in windy conditions but still flew decently. Landing cut power too-soon and tho onto grass nosed in and managed to break the plastic prop connection to motor. Easy fix available part.

Today's flight less winds tho near stiff breeze, handles it well and this time kept power on for a nose up grass landing.

Hope to manage more flights, for seasoned flyer a breeze to fly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ro5_QxHtPE&sns=em
Old 07-29-2014, 12:58 PM   #2
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Prop adapter has broken twice tho grass landing nosed in too hard, my error.

This is a weak link in the product least for me.

Ordered two more this time!

Still a fun flyer indeed.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #3
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Was getting twilight last night and getting late as I fixed the prop mount to fly. In open didn't like the grass landing so headed to street, somehow flipped on high rates, zinged behind tree but managed to blow right thru the leafy branches, landing horrible but no damage, 10 minutes to find the hatch, all is well.

Waited for light this early AM, treated to near zero breeze. Decided to try pavement takeoff and added throttle it zoomed up vertical with too much elevator, leveled to a smooth flight. Rolls are easy.

Concerned on landing, lowered throttle and practice low passes with slightest harrier some nose up to check the flight handling. eased the power off near touch down elevator as needed and skimmed in on the money!

Stability is amazing.

I do warn of the prop mount as has broken tho nosed in firm thought onto the grass would help cushion but not necessarily.

Frame did an inverted smack on sidewalk but no issue was lucky, so is sturdy.

My questionable flying will find any weak links quickly.

This is for more of the seasoned flyer, but sure is a trip and loads of fun.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:53 PM   #4
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

This one won't nose up hover easily as the other lighter model, but is a much sturdier frame. Also instead of brushed treated to a brushless motor here.

I was concerned on the popular videos showing some speed. Anything above half throttle gives nice performance, unless you have the need for speed, else no worries there.

I was hoping to add to hover practice, but not as easy. Skilled 3D pilots sure will have loads of fun.

Take care, doesn't have to be flown fast, so definitely in the works for an easy Sunday outing.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #5
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Takes over half throttle for smooth hand launch course into the wind. Trim is fine with all surfaces level. On early launches did half throttle but likely will drop, up elevator here, but simply use more throttle near 2/3. Flys well at that throttle, can ease off slightly if you prefer.

Smooth surface takes off well on pavement, I use very slight up elevator hold to prevent prop contacts on surface if any uneven area contact. Higher throttles give a quicker takeoff as expected. Extra elevator it can zoom up near vertical !

Grass landings not as friendly for me on this model, as broke two prop fittings if it comes in nose down smartly even into cushion grass.

Best landings least for me are pavement, tuffer to deadstick this one tho is possible. Best to adjust throttle near touchdown, puff power when needed gives a nice skim in landing.

Like the firmer airframe, far from unbreakable, dozen flights mine still looks new.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:35 AM   #6
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Sbach Vs Coopers Hawk

Several recent attacks but managed tight turns to elude.

Even chased on two tight circles, when he catches me from behind, manages close near contacts. Persistent guy !
Old 08-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #7
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

For looks and appearances as well as ease of flight thumbs up on the micro Pitts. Lands easily as well

But for zip and sport fun this Sbach is a gifted zoom flyer. Love to hand launch mine 2/3 throttle it goes out straight if correctly trimmed. Does aileron roll as it climbs.

Puffs of throttle make for steady landing.

These micros do better on hard surface landings as caught in grass have lost a couple of prop connectors, perhaps the only minor weak link.

Want to zing, get the Sbach!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners