Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Company Support Forums > FMA Direct
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

FMA Direct Discuss FMA Direct products or ask your support questions.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-04-2014, 02:16 AM   #1
sportflyer

Friends: (0)
Default PL6 power source screnn not showing on powerup

Just received the PL6 . On Power up , the "choose power source"
screen is not showing. Somehow this screen was disabled when I received the unit . How do I turn it on without the US cable FUIM3 and the CCS software ?

Tks
Old 06-05-2014, 12:45 AM   #2
Gregor

That setting is not available from the console I'm afraid. But on the plus side, the FUIM and the CCS add a lot of value and capabilities.

Was this a new unit? I was under the impression that setting was enabled by default. But I could be wrong.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:48 AM   #3
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by sportflyer View Post
Just received the PL6 . On Power up , the "choose power source"
screen is not showing. Somehow this screen was disabled when I received the unit . How do I turn it on without the US cable FUIM3 and the CCS software ?

Tks

I've got two of the Cellpro Powerlab 8's that do have the option of a "Power Supply" or "Battery" power source. All the battery source does is make certain you don't run your lead acid battery dead, and if its your car battery, prevent a long walk home.

So, I standardized on the "Power Supply" option, since low battery is not an issue with this setup.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66066

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!
Old 06-05-2014, 04:02 AM   #4
Gregor

Its handy option if you switch between a DC supply and Pb battery. In addition to voltage and current cutoffs mentioned, the Pb battery profile enables regenerative discharging while its disabled in the DC supply profile.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:44 AM   #5
sportflyer

I purchased the PL6 from Revoelectrix's almost new refurbished sale. I was planning to use the PL6 for both home ( 26v DC power supply ) and at the field ( Pb Marine battery) , so it's useful to be able to switch power source immediately after powerup . Of course I can go to Options and change it there at the field but I might forget. Anyway I decided to purchase the FUIM3 because it seems so much easier to set things up from the computer then download the settings to PL6 . Should be here next week . I should have bought it right from the beginning.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:18 PM   #6
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by sportflyer View Post
I purchased the PL6 from Revoelectrix's almost new refurbished sale. I was planning to use the PL6 for both home ( 26v DC power supply ) and at the field ( Pb Marine battery) , so it's useful to be able to switch power source immediately after powerup . Of course I can go to Options and change it there at the field but I might forget. Anyway I decided to purchase the FUIM3 because it seems so much easier to set things up from the computer then download the settings to PL6 . Should be here next week . I should have bought it right from the beginning.
Agreed.
That USB adaptor makes it much easier to program the Cellpro units.

In fact I put my name and phone number into the '8 chargers LCD display with it.

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!
Old 06-06-2014, 02:58 AM   #7
Stevephoon

View Stevephoon's Gallery67
Club: United Flying Organization
Friends: (7)

I have a PL6 and it prompts me... I found the following in the online manual.

Start faster When following the instructions above, you probably noticed that PowerLab 6 asks a lot of questions before it starts a charge, discharge, cycle or monitor. That enables you to specify exactly what operations PowerLab 6 will perform. If all you want to do is Charge a battery, and once you have a preset configured properly, two settings in the CCS Options tab will speed up the process: Activate the Enable Quick Start option. When activated, Enable Quick Start lets you bypass many of the questions needed to start a process. After activating this feature, press and hold ENTER if you don’t want to select options such as charge/discharge rate, discharge/cycle/monitor. Disable the Choose Power Source at Startup option (only if you consistently use the same power source). On startup, PowerLab 6 will always use either the DC Power Supply or Battery profile— whichever was last loaded before disabling the prompt

So it is possible to turn off that screen. (and turn it back on). But only via the CCS Software....
The complete instructions are here:
http://www.revolectrix.com/PL6_links_tab.htm
Click on the resource tab and download the User Manual.

Steve

Growing the fleet!
Old 06-06-2014, 03:31 AM   #8
Stevephoon

View Stevephoon's Gallery67
Club: United Flying Organization
Friends: (7)

Oops.. My bad... Not in the console, only through the CCS software... I misread part of the manual.

Steve

Growing the fleet!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Company Support Forums > FMA Direct