Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-25-2014, 05:07 PM   #1
time bandit

Friends: (12)
Default Dynam 72Mhz radio reciever needs crystal

I have a radio and receiver from a hawk-sky kit and the receiver is missing the crystal (I have no idea why). The radio is a Dynam model NE-KO 4 channel. The crystal is for channel 50. The Tx has 72.790 labeled on the back. I can't find a Dynam crystal (other than 2.4Ghz) and was curious if any brand 72Mhz crystal (channel 50) would work for this receiver. I would like to fire the hawksky up and see if she still fly's.

What was I thinking?
Old 05-25-2014, 05:27 PM   #2
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

5kW  Outstanding Contributor Award  1kW 
Friends: (8)

I dont think you found any 2.4Ghz crystals anywhere, because 2.4GHz doesnt use crystals. Generally 72Mhz crystals are interchangeable between brands but I cant say for sure with Dynam.

Assuming you have a 2.4GHz transmitter it would probably work out cheaper and easier just to pick up a cheap 2.4Ghz receiver and swap the 72MHz receiver out. For instance you can pick up a Spektrum compatible DSM2 'Lemon brand' receiver for less the $6. I don't think you will find a set of crystals for that price.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:43 PM   #3
time bandit

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
I dont think you found any 2.4Ghz crystals anywhere, because 2.4GHz doesnt use crystals. Generally 72Mhz crystals are interchangeable between brands but I cant say for sure with Dynam.

Assuming you have a 2.4GHz transmitter it would probably work out cheaper and easier just to pick up a cheap 2.4Ghz receiver and swap the 72MHz receiver out. For instance you can pick up a Spektrum compatible DSM2 'Lemon brand' receiver for less the $6. I don't think you will find a set of crystals for that price.
You are correct, there are no crystals for 2.4Ghz. I don't know where I got that at!! I thought I saw some on the Nitroplanes site. I may as well just buy a cheapo 2.4Ghz for it like you're saying. I have a friend who wants to learn how to fly and I the hawksky would be a great way to go.

What was I thinking?
Old 05-25-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Friends: (1)

Not sure if Dynam used + or - shift but other than that issue you should be able to pick up used 72 nhz RXs cheap. Possibly as cheap to get a complete RX with the right crystal as to find the right crystal by itself.

There will be a different brand crystal that will work. The question is what frequency multiplier they used in the RX. There were only a couple of different multipliers.

The crystals had a habit of falling out and i got in the habit of wrapping the RX in electrical tape to keep the crystal in.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:34 PM   #5
time bandit

Originally Posted by fhhuber View Post
Not sure if Dynam used + or - shift but other than that issue you should be able to pick up used 72 nhz RXs cheap. Possibly as cheap to get a complete RX with the right crystal as to find the right crystal by itself.

There will be a different brand crystal that will work. The question is what frequency multiplier they used in the RX. There were only a couple of different multipliers.

The crystals had a habit of falling out and i got in the habit of wrapping the RX in electrical tape to keep the crystal in.
Thanks for the info. I never thought about the crystal falling out.

What was I thinking?

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros