Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-18-2014, 02:04 AM   #1
Griff Murphey

Friends: (0)
Default Help! Need a 3.7V Flyzone power plug for a micro biplane...

Need the female plug leading to the brick. I thought I had a bad brick I could rob one off of but I cannot find it. Are these commercially available?

I know it is the plug because I was able to get sporadic power by fiddling with the battery, but not enough to fly with.

The brick is in my stick and tissue pup. I could buy a whole new brick but $39.95 is kinda high.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
zoltron55

Club: mon valley rc club
Friends: (2)

look on horizon hobby's website they have them
Old 05-18-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
Griff Murphey

God bless you. Then the pup shall fly again. I think that brick and its plug had flown over 150x in the original Flyzone SE-5. Their plugs do wear out. In the future I will stop salvaging bricks from wrecks! Tain't worth it.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:00 AM   #4
Griff Murphey

Ok I could not wait so I drove down to my local Hobby USA, waited for the noon, Sunday opening, and the guru there found a female plug mated to an LED for lighting, a pair for only $3.95 and all I had to do was cut off the LED. Asked if the polarity would be correct as to color coding and the guru said he was "pretty sure" it would be. I spliced it in, red to red and black to black, soldered the wires, whoops the polarity was reversed! REDO!

The pup is back!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions