Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-23-2014, 10:56 PM   #1
garyp1029

Friends: (0)
Default Dynam Waco ESC to Battery Connector

Received my Waco yesterday. The ESC to battery connector is new to me. Can anyone tell me what it is and its size. The plastic housing is red; the positive is male, and the negative is female. The only connectors I have used so far are EC3 and XT60. Thanks. Gary
Old 05-24-2014, 12:11 AM   #2
garyp1029

From searching the internet, the connector seems to be an HXT male---the positive (red) is male and the negative (black) is female. The HXT line seems to come in various sizes and this one appears to be a 5mm (if one measures the inside diameter of the female end) Does this seem to be correct? Thanks. Gary
Old 05-24-2014, 12:35 AM   #3
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,162 Times in 2,070 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (311)

Originally Posted by garyp1029 View Post
From searching the internet, the connector seems to be an HXT male---the positive (red) is male and the negative (black) is female. The HXT line seems to come in various sizes and this one appears to be a 5mm (if one measures the inside diameter of the female end) Does this seem to be correct? Thanks. Gary
Hi Hobby King sells adapters for the HXT, to go to a Dean, XT60, etc, Myself i cut off all of the conectors and use XT60 on my planes, so everything is standardized with XT60 plugs,

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...SortOrder=desc

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 05-24-2014, 01:17 AM   #4
garyp1029

The inside diameter of the HXT female part of the connector seems to be 5mm, BUT all the HXT connectors I can find are 3.5, 4, and 5.5mm. HOW does one determine the size of the connector? The one on my Waco measures 5mm across across the diameter of the female part. Gary
Old 05-24-2014, 05:23 AM   #5
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Friends: (1)

The Dynam plug is 4mm bullet connectors commonly called Banana Plugs.

Make sure you get the good quality ones not the cheapies from Radio Shack. (even though Radio Shack sometimes has the good ones too)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...0pcs_set_.html

Also available from Nitroplanes and many other places.

Easy to get and good for well over 100 amps.

I use these an almost no other plug because its what comes on the Sky Lipo batteries from Nitroplanes. The Sky LiPo 3S 1800 mah 20C will outperform the stock 3S "2200 mah 20C" (closer to 1500 mah 12C by testing) Dynam includes with some of their ARFs.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:40 AM   #6
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by fhhuber View Post
The Dynam plug is 4mm bullet connectors commonly called Banana Plugs.

Make sure you get the good quality ones not the cheapies from Radio Shack. (even though Radio Shack sometimes has the good ones too)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...0pcs_set_.html

Also available from Nitroplanes and many other places.

Easy to get and good for well over 100 amps.

I use these an almost no other plug because its what comes on the Sky Lipo batteries from Nitroplanes. The Sky LiPo 3S 1800 mah 20C will outperform the stock 3S "2200 mah 20C" (closer to 1500 mah 12C by testing) Dynam includes with some of their ARFs.
Ten pieces for $4.44, can't beat that. It's hard to match the connection quality of a well made cylinder type connector, versus the flat surface found in the Deans or even APP connectors.

As for banana plugs, outside of the possibility of polarity protection, high quality banana plugs and jacks are available from places such as www.digikey.com. They are far more expensive than these Hobby King connectors though.

I suspect any banana plug rated for over 20 amps has to be custom made: The banana plugs used on the Cellpro Powerlab 8 chargers have to be able to handle up to 40 Amps.
http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...1525-ND/737848

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions