Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-21-2011, 07:24 AM   #1
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

5kW  Outstanding Contributor Award  1kW 
Friends: (8)
Default Parkzone UM Sukhoi Su26XP Brushless

I've had the old original Sukhoi Su26m for a while and did a brushless conversion on it. That model was starting to get a bit battered so i went looking for new foam parts.. turns out it was cheaper to buy a new BnF complete model than it was just to buy the foam

Anyway, i got a nice new Su26XP and swapped over the brushless conversion into it. Here's one of it's first flight.. performance only being limited by my mediocre flying abilities.

Dont forget to set the vid to HD and full screen it....
Old 06-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,109 Times in 2,019 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (305)

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
I've had the old original Sukhoi Su26m for a while and did a brushless conversion on it. That model was starting to get a bit battered so i went looking for new foam parts.. turns out it was cheaper to buy a new BnF complete model than it was just to buy the foam

Anyway, i got a nice new Su26XP and swapped over the brushless conversion into it. Here's one of it's first flight.. performance only being limited by my mediocre flying abilities.

Dont forget to set the vid to HD and full screen it....
That plane really zips right along and a 7 min flight too You were having way to much fun Take care and have fun, Chellie

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 06-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Yeah, it is good fun specially in nice calm conditions like in the video. I usually fly the little Sukhoi before flying my larger models as it helps to get my reflexes prepared and my eye in.

The duration is quite impressive considering that the batteries are only 100mAh.. Possibly goes to show how much more efficient brushless motors are compared to brushed?

Steve
Old 06-22-2011, 01:40 AM   #4
M@!

Friends: (1)

Very nice! That will definitely replace the my motor when it eventually dies.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:10 AM   #5
pache11

Friends: (0)

I know the thread was pretty old, but I would like to know if you are willing, the brushless motor and battery set up. Was it a direct drive outrunner or an inrunner using the origional gearbox. This is one of my favorite planes
Old 05-22-2014, 12:11 AM   #6
pache11

Friends: (0)

Will try to pm as this thread is pretty old.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:39 AM   #7
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

It's a direct drive 5g outrunner on 2s LiPo power. The instructions how to do the conversion are nicely summarised in this post: http://forum.flitetest.com/showthrea...ll=1#post28035
Old 05-23-2014, 11:49 AM   #8
Bill Gibson

Friends: (1)

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
It's a direct drive 5g outrunner on 2s LiPo power. The instructions how to do the conversion are nicely summarised in this post: http://forum.flitetest.com/showthrea...ll=1#post28035
JPF, a hobby shop here was clearing out some PZ stuff awhile back, and i picked up 26M fuse,tail feathers, and i think i got a wing also....and an E-Flite 180 motor, so......i gotta do this!! may i ask how you mounted the motor? And would you mind if i bugged you along the way if i run into a snag as im building this little monster?? Already got another question! Will an AR6410 also work for this Mod?? Many Thanks, Bill

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes