Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Pusher Park Jets For all pusher jets and jet-like models.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-27-2011, 03:29 AM   #1
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (16)
Default multiplex funjet ultra w powerup 450 jet from HURC

Christmas has come and gone and i waited to start assembling the fju till all the celebrations ended. now the time to eat leftover food and deserts,and best of all.....build something!

here are a few pictures of the multiplex funjet ultra,super easy to glue together and the emax mg servos fit snug without any modifying.

question: should i switch out the plastic motor mount for the aluminum type. the 450 powerup jet brushless should push this bird well past a 100mph,especially on a dive run. i also plan to use a rubber band on the hatch as well as the clips that come stock.

lastly....as i always do....bright florescent orange on top and bright florescent green on the bottom with sunburst or lightingbolt white stripes. the decals will be used sparingly so not to dull the colors.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	funjet ultra 004.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	155825

Name:	funjet ultra 005.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	155826

Name:	funjet ultra 006.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	155827

Name:	funjet ultra 007.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	155828

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 12-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #2
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,109 Times in 2,019 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (305)

Originally Posted by stuart View Post
Christmas has come and gone and i waited to start assembling the fju till all the celebrations ended. now the time to eat leftover food and deserts,and beat of all.....build something!

here are a few pictures of the multiplex funjet ultra,super easy to glue together and the emax mg servos fit snug without any modifying.

question: should i switch out the plastic motor mount for the aluminum type. the 450 powerup jet brushless should push this bird well past a 100mph,especially on a dive run. i also plan to use a rubber band on the hatch as well as the clips that come stock.

lastly....as i always do....bright florescent orange on top and bright florescent green on the bottom with sunburst or lightingbolt white stripes. the decals will be used sparingly so not to dull the colors.
Hi Stu use the Plastic motor mount, its strong, if you some how break it, then get the aluminum motor mount, use some bright colors to see the jet with as these jets get small real quick, add a little weight to the right side wing tip like a large finish nail, that helps to counter left torque roll when hand launching, and will not affect the flight of the Funjet,my fun jet flew perfect with right wing tip weight, also just a tad of down thrust is needed, like maybe 1 notch from level on the motor mount indexing adjustment, hope that helps, Chellie

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 12-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Stuarts turning into a speed junkie!

Nice gift Stu looks like this one will feed your thirst.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #4
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

happy new years day to all,

for the last 2 days I've been trying to paint the funjet and hk parkjet bright florescent green and orange. these are awesome colors on my first try at the hk parkjet.

just so everyone who tries krylon florescent paint,be sure to use a bright white primer coat first. krylon will allow dark colors to continuously bleed thru,no matter how many coats you apply. these pictures of the 2 planes side by side show what a difference the white foam on the hkpj is to the funjets dark gray colored foam. i also didn't want to spray to many coats on the parkjet and possibly screw up its bright colors.

i am bummed, but not discouraged as sun light should help with the dull funjets colors. time will tell.

i will be assembling these 2 birds at the same time and will post progress on both. will hopefully conclude these posts with the 3 birds video.

still waiting on the esc for the new hkpj.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	funjet ultra 008.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	155986

Name:	funjet ultra 009.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	155987

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 01-02-2012, 02:33 AM   #5
gramps2361
Community Moderator

stu wish you posted a painting question on going over the gray elapor foam. You are 100% correct that it needs to be primed first with a white base sorry you found this out the hard way. Multiplex sells there own line of primer for the planes probably big bucks though.

Still looks plenty bright to keep track of the orientation of the jet, and like you mentioned once you get it outside it will look even brighter.

At 100mph on a low pass you aint going to be seeing any bleeding in the paint job just a flash of orange and green going by.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:07 AM   #6
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

sooooooo,got a new soldering iron finally. soldered connector to a castle 100amp ice esc and ran the powerup 450jet bl motor tonight. wattsup meter showed 649watt with a 4cell 2200 20c zippy thats old. used a 5x5 prop.

the 4.5x4.5 prop pulled less watts but thrust seemed weak. i need to put a fresh charge and a deans connector on the new 30c 2800mah batteries i got for the fun jet.

heres a question that may require a separate post to get an answer,or an email to Jeff at headsuprc who's been great to do business with.

question:what timing should i set the esc for this motor,low,med,or high? during the bench tests the motor cut out...i then set the throttle on high,plugged in the battery and went to 0 and powered up with the throttle set. it still cutoff if i ran the test for more than 5 seconds.

i am wondering if the speed control is cutting power to the motor due to the low mah and c rating of the battery used during the test runs. I'll know more after hopefully spending the day flying...should be in the 50's ,winds 10mph.

.image-container { overflow:hidden; text-align:center; width:140px; height:140px;} Search Results

Found 2 product(s) for BRUSHLESS MOTORS:Power Up 450 Jet (1-2 of 2)

BRUSHLESS MOTORS | Power Up 450 Jet

Power Up 450 Jet Outrunner Brushless Motor 2.8 oz, 2950KV outrunner for high speed models

Out of Stock
Price: $23.95

Old 01-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #7
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

great day at the field,very windy but got 4 flights in with a couple of my older birds.

got home and soldered deans connectors on the 2800mah 30c zippies to do a bench test on the funjet setup. here are the readings i got after fully charging the new battery.

zippy 2800mah 30c 4cell,new and fully charged to 16.78volts.

first run for approx 5 seconds,831 watts !!! 61 amps!!!and no cut off in power.

second run...5 seconds, 826watts,and 60.23 amps!! fantastic,and again no cut off.

i am thinking the first tests with the 2200mah 20c zippy thats years old with tons of cycles run thru it was tripping the cc 100amp ice esc do to to heavy a draw of juice from such an old pack. i also only got 649 watts on that test and 49 watts. that battery may be shot. it was one of 7 i use to fly the uproar with 2 in parallel.

now I'll email Jeff with my results and ask him about the esc timing. getting close to a maiden day.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:54 AM   #8
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,109 Times in 2,019 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (305)

Originally Posted by stuart View Post
great day at the field,very windy but got 4 flights in with a couple of my older birds.

got home and soldered deans connectors on the 2800mah 30c zippies to do a bench test on the funjet setup. here are the readings i got after fully charging the new battery.

zippy 2800mah 30c 4cell,new and fully charged to 16.78volts.

first run for approx 5 seconds,831 watts !!! 61 amps!!!and no cut off in power.

second run...5 seconds, 826watts,and 60.23 amps!! fantastic,and again no cut off.

i am thinking the first tests with the 2200mah 20c zippy thats years old with tons of cycles run thru it was tripping the cc 100amp ice esc do to to heavy a draw of juice from such an old pack. i also only got 649 watts on that test and 49 watts. that battery may be shot. it was one of 7 i use to fly the uproar with 2 in parallel.

now I'll email Jeff with my results and ask him about the esc timing. getting close to a maiden day.
Yes, when you have electrical issues, Always go to the heart of the problem first, The battery if that good, then start looking else where Take care and keep the funjet under 100 MPH LOL

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 01-10-2012, 12:09 AM   #9
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

alrighty then...the fj ultra is finished!! fully trimmed and tuned into the tx ,ready for a maiden this weekend i hope. with everything in it;s proper place ,the cg is spot on.

i stuck on a few decal to dress it up ,but also figure the decals will peel off if she goes fast enough. if there was some way to adhere them better,i would. any suggestions will be used to secure them better.

so heres a few pictures before the maiden.....hopefully looks the same after..

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	funjet ultra 010.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	156250

Name:	funjet ultra 011.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	156251

Name:	funjet ultra 012.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	156252

Old 01-10-2012, 12:26 AM   #10
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Stuart that came out really nice!
Just watch those fingers when you launch her don't want to read about stitches in you maiden report.
I never had a problem with the multiplex stickers pealing off.
They seem to use a better adhesive then some of the other makers do with the decals. Of course my 2 multiplex planes aren't doing 100 mph.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:35 AM   #11
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

yeah,a prop strike would be a dampener to the fun of a maiden.....

soooooo,i'll havea bud at the field toss it up for me so i can focus on flying the first time. at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle should fly straight away.[i hope]

thanks for the compliment's ,and i will post a video soon.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #12
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Hey isn't that what they call a sacrificial buddy.

Ya know I was just thinking of my son and daughter they both work in a restaurant cutting food up. Well my daughter got smart after a few deep cuts and use's a cutting glove. I bet you that would work for people tossing up those pusher jets to help protect the fingers. They are not expensive.
http://www.tasco-safety.com/workglov...ng-gloves.html
Old 01-10-2012, 02:27 AM   #13
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

thats not to bad a glove to use,before checking the link i thought"it must be thick",but it's very much like those light weight work gloves.

i could buy one and coat it with slicone to inhance the grip to no slipping when tossing. thanks for the suggestion. i toss left handed pretty well for being right handed. my real fear is the smaller parkjet i built.its shaped like a mini stryker.....funny name..stryker[ouch!]

i'm starting another hobbyking parkjet next with more power,i'm a speed junkie

Old 01-10-2012, 02:53 AM   #14
gramps2361
Community Moderator

They have the gloves with rubber palm area also little more cash though.
Some of that liquid rubber would work well too like you suggested.
Just do a Google search for cutting gloves you will get a lot of different types even HD carry them.
At least my daughter stopped coming home with cut fingers working in the kitchen is a fast paced job seem to have lots of cuts and burns.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:08 AM   #15
eddyalce

Friends: (0)

Anyone else used the Power Up 450 Jet Outrunner Brushless Motor http://www.headsuphobby.com/Power-Up...otor-E-610.htm
on 4s on their funjet ultras??

How does it perform and what prop are you using on 4s?

Thanks,

Eddy
Old 06-03-2014, 02:19 AM   #16
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

hello eddy, since you opened this thread i was shocked not to have a vid of the funjet 3 years later. i will be planning it since the funjet and parkjet need the bungee to launch well and my hand toss of the hobbyking parkjet failed this last weekend. i search my video untagged/unnamed archives and found a few vids of the funjet flying that were to far away to see. so now i have a reason to set up the bungee launcher.

good luck with your funjet. stu

Old 06-03-2014, 04:05 AM   #17
eddyalce

Originally Posted by tobydogs View Post
hello eddy, since you opened this thread i was shocked not to have a vid of the funjet 3 years later. i will be planning it since the funjet and parkjet need the bungee to launch well and my hand toss of the hobbyking parkjet failed this last weekend. i search my video untagged/unnamed archives and found a few vids of the funjet flying that were to far away to see. so now i have a reason to set up the bungee launcher.

good luck with your funjet. stu
Thanks for your response. I was surprised that the power up 450 motor can handle 4s . But if u been flying it for that long I'm sure it can with 5x5 prop
Old 06-04-2014, 12:12 AM   #18
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

powerup 450 jet prop info.....

Battery Size Propeller Size Thrust (oz.) Amps Notes 3-Cell 11.1v EMP 6 x 3E 46 oz. 44 amps 3-Cell 11.1v EMP 6 x 4E 44 oz. 45 amps 3-Cell 11.1v APC 6 x 4E 42 oz. 46 amps 3-Cell 11.1v APC 6 x 5.5E 38 oz. 52 ampsAvoid constant wide open throttle 3-Cell 11.1v APC 5.5 x 4.5E 34 oz. 42 amps 3-Cell 11.1v EMP 5 x 5E 30 oz. 39 amps 4-Cell 14.8v EMP 4.5 x 4.5E 41 oz. 50 ampsAvoid constant wide open throttle 4-Cell 14.8v APC 4.5 x 4.1E 38 oz. 44 amps

recommend purchasing a 3.17mm Prop Adapter for mounting props on the Power Up 450 Jet.
Propeller Test Data for the Power Up 450 Jet Motor:
Battery Size Propeller Size Thrust (oz.) Amps Notes 3-Cell 11.1v EMP 6 x 3E 46 oz. 44 amps 3-Cell 11.1v EMP 6 x 4E 44 oz. 45 amps 3-Cell 11.1v APC 6 x 4E 42 oz. 46 amps 3-Cell 11.1v APC 6 x 5.5E 38 oz. 52 ampsAvoid constant wide open throttle 3-Cell 11.1v APC 5.5 x 4.5E 34 oz. 42 amps 3-Cell 11.1v EMP 5 x 5E 30 oz. 39 amps 4-Cell 14.8v EMP 4.5 x 4.5E 41 oz. 50 ampsAvoid constant wide open throttle 4-Cell 14.8v APC 4.5 x 4.1E 38 oz. 44 amps

4cell emp 4.5x4.5 prop 50 amps[avoid constant wot]
4cell apc 4.1x4.1 prop 44amps

the only reason i have a 100 amp castle creations ice esc is i expected to increase the motor and cell count at some point,just never got around to it.

heres a link to my friends funjet on 6cell!!! freaken fast!!

funjet 145+mph video ,my funjet is slow in comparison..lol.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:30 AM   #19
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

<LI class="video-list-item related-list-item">4:10 Very Fast Fun Jet at 186 MPH 299.3 km/hr by vher143 170,187 views

nigel,uses the eagletree pitot tube.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:43 AM   #20
eddyalce

Oh i thought you were actually flying yours on 4s with 5x5 prop.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets