Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-21-2014, 11:22 PM   #1
Sixaxis9

Friends: (0)
Default E-sky ek2-0420a transmitter

Hi everyone! I recently decided to get my hands on my old e-sky honey bee King 2 to retrieve the RX for the quadricopter I'm going to build. Today I made the first tests with a servo and I can say that it works, but it works a little '"too much". Now, I'm not an expert on the subject, but the channels should not be separated? because when I plug in the servo in the entry 1, for example, it moves with both throttle and the roll's sticks and also a bit with the pitch. It appens similary with the entry 2 instead of the 4, in witch the servo moves twice as much as before, and returns to repeat itself with the 6. Is it normal? New batteries for the TX and RX LiPo freshly charged.
P.S. This receiver also has another strange thing: it has an entry called B, but the power was given on pin 3 with an E-sky regulator, who also commandes the main rotor DC motor ... I haven't tried to plug in my 3S to pin B, but if it would do any good I might try it!
Thank you very much for help!
Old 06-22-2014, 01:34 AM   #2
Flubber

View Flubber's Gallery8
Club: DE R/C, SKSS

Welcome to wattflyer

That radio may have built in mixes to fly helis. If so the throttle will move all the channels that were connected to the swashplate. That would not work for a multicopter. The only way to use that radio would be to disable the mixes. Maybe someone knows if that is possible.

Terry

Flying is like ... ah well ... I can not think of anything it is like...
Old 06-22-2014, 01:52 AM   #3
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam
Friends: (3)

Originally Posted by Sixaxis9 View Post
Hi everyone! I recently decided to get my hands on my old e-sky honey bee King 2 to retrieve the RX for the quadricopter I'm going to build. Today I made the first tests with a servo and I can say that it works, but it works a little '"too much". Now, I'm not an expert on the subject, but the channels should not be separated? because when I plug in the servo in the entry 1, for example, it moves with both throttle and the roll's sticks and also a bit with the pitch. It appens similary with the entry 2 instead of the 4, in witch the servo moves twice as much as before, and returns to repeat itself with the 6. Is it normal? New batteries for the TX and RX LiPo freshly charged.
P.S. This receiver also has another strange thing: it has an entry called B, but the power was given on pin 3 with an E-sky regulator, who also commandes the main rotor DC motor ... I haven't tried to plug in my 3S to pin B, but if it would do any good I might try it!
Thank you very much for help!
If that old E-sky TX is the 4ch 2.4ghz with one trainer toggle switch and 4 servo reversing switches located bottom right.......it's not only the TX that won't work for a quad....but the RX (or any you "might" be able) to find that will bind, will not work either......and not even worth the time and effort trying to modify....there's an old (very old) web thread at rcgroups that explains how to change the settings (micro switches) located in the battery compartment) to allow the TX to operate as a standard plane 4ch......but my old unit, never fuctioned properly due to the pre-set RX settings which came out of the Honey Bee......and I could never find another E-sky RX that would bind consistantly without a hassle on every start-up.......

AMA 928214
Old 06-22-2014, 08:23 AM   #4
Sixaxis9

Yeah, I supposed that... The radio is 35.200 mhz, but anyway I can try to apply the modifies to the switches. Do you have the link of this thread? I'll serch it, because the tx and rx modules are not so cheap (mostly the TX)... Thank you for all the replies!!
Old 06-22-2014, 09:44 AM   #5
Sixaxis9

Ok, I've found the thread on RCgrups and fixed the problem! NOW IT WORKS!! Thank you so much for the help!! I want to ehank you also in italian: GRAZIE!!
Old 06-22-2014, 04:23 PM   #6
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam
Friends: (3)

Originally Posted by Sixaxis9 View Post
Ok, I've found the thread on RCgrups and fixed the problem! NOW IT WORKS!! Thank you so much for the help!! I want to ehank you also in italian: GRAZIE!!
Siete i benvenuti, buon divertimento!

AMA 928214

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions