Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Vintage and old timer models
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Vintage and old timer models Discuss nostalgic vintage aircraft

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-21-2014, 08:38 PM   #1
gduk

Friends: (0)
Default Ikarus English instructions.

Hi, does anyone know who or where I could possibly get any English instructions for the Ikarus Grade Eindecker? I tried Ikarus themselves but to know avail, I have the kit ready to build but cannot erm read German, and it would take an age on a translater, any tips would be appreciated,many thanks!!
Old 05-26-2014, 03:50 PM   #2
gduk

Friends: (0)

Right all built......except I am unsure where to glue the wings holding brackets, how far from the front or prop measurement? would be v handy thank you!
Old 06-15-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
Abuelo

Club: Open flying at the Chandler Bowl
Friends: (2)

As long as the plan has text you can copy it into one of the translation programs on your computer. May come out mangled to a degree, but still understandable.

I have a Mac and use widgets that convert from metric to US for both length and weight as well as a translation program. Might check into what your computer has available.

Another option if the plan is not full size but shows the location is to measure from the plan and just multiply by the factor needed to build full size. If building from a magazine article, for example, where the wing might be shown only 8" long whereas the actual wing is 54", multiply each plan measurement by 54/8 = 6.75.

Good luck.

Silence is often misunderstood, but it is never misquoted.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Vintage and old timer models