Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-20-2014, 05:45 AM   #1
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)
Default Good Service Thread

All of us have read multiple complaints about some RC vendor, with problems with shipping, quality, out of stock, the list goes on.

IMHO, it's about time we have a thread about GOOD SERVICE from our RC suppliers. Just post your problem, how well the provider responded, shipping charges, delivery time, anything that is positive.

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!
Old 06-20-2014, 05:48 AM   #2
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Awards Showcase

Default Hacker A60 Parts Order

I'll start this thread off with a busted motor shaft on my Hacker A60-16M motor. Due to a full throttle flight 6 feet off the ground, and getting hit by a downdraft in very windy conditions, the model suddenly lost all 6 feet of altitude. The prop hit the ground, the Hacker A60 motor shaft broke off.

So, I called the Aeromodelers (Hacker) in Arizona, described what I needed. Yup, they had it in stock for $19.98 each, along with a flat rate shipping charge of $4.95 for two day delivery. I ordered and got two replacement shafts in two days from the phone call.

$4.95 is the Postal charge for second day delivery. Aeromodelers didn't add the usual "Handling Charge" to their order.

DennyV
Old 06-20-2014, 06:15 AM   #3
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam
Friends: (3)
Default Horizon Blade Product

Horizon....I know we have an appreciation thread on them..............

This is related to a very recent event, where I posted a thread in multi-rotor....Blade 200QX:

"The manual states that once you have properly programed the TX, performed bind and are ready to take flight........after the TX is turned on and battery connected........"you must move both sticks from center to lowest bottom inside corners, then back to center" in order to get the props engaged and in an idle.....!

This had me stumped for awhile.......was only able to get the first flight off by accident, the next few attempts failed to engage props.
So I gave Horizon a call....they returned my call within a hour.....and we went through the process live.....the tech was walking me through several attempts with his 200 QX and DX6i...same as myself."

And it was resolved within 30min.......professionally, calculated and pleasant......

AMA 928214
Old 07-04-2014, 07:06 AM   #4
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Awards Showcase

Default Voltmanbatteries.com

I've been ordering those A123 cells directly from www.voltmanbatteries.com now for several years. My last order was placed on Monday. They showed up on Thursday, with excellent packing, with two cells paired together in a little cardboard box. Some guys in my club wanted four of those cells, so, I just ordered four more to replace my "Stock".

These cells come with spot welded tabs that are easily soldered to suit your needs.

http://www.voltmanbatteries.com/serv...1-dsh-A/Detail

Added note on 07-21-14
My last order of 12 cells was short two cells. An email to Voltmanbatteries, resulted in a response, "Sorry", will ship them today!

Can't get much better than that.

DennyV

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions