Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)
Old 09-16-2016, 01:17 AM   #1
Bald Paul
View Bald Paul's Gallery9
Friends: (4)
Default MA Plans Service HOBO

Plans I had ordered from AMA finally arrived. I've completed the re-draw of everything in CAD except the adjustable lead-out guide. The article / build (Aug 2012) states "Install the inboard 1/8-inch light plywood wingtip rib and slider." Problem is, the 'slider' (which controls where the lead-outs exit the wing) isn't shown on the plans anywhere! I ordered a "universal" adjustable lead-out guide from Brodak, and may incorporate that into the design.

Of course, I did change a few things here and there (nothing drastic) to accommodate a brushless motor, ESC, battery, and timer in place of the glow engine and fuel tank. It all fits in fairly easily to the basic design.

Meanwhile, my friend, the machinist, completed work on a favor I had asked him to do for me. Okay, I did bribe him with a bottle of SC moonshine! The control handle I have been using is okay, but not very comfortable in my hand, and is a little bit of a pain to adjust the lead lines to compensate for lead wire length. This gem (pic attached) has a quick adjuster of the front bar for lead length that requires no tools, and an angled handle to fit the hand and wrist more naturally. It also allows me to change the distance of the line connection clips to "soften" the response a little. He did all the aluminum machining, I added the wooden grips.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-09-15T20_02_15.jpg (671.6 KB, 58 views)

"Will it go round in circles, will it fly high like a bird up in the sky?" - Billy Preston sums up my CL flying.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft