Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 07-13-2014, 05:12 PM   #1
Wrongway-Feldman

Friends: (5)
Default A very trying month indeed

The last month has been a bad one for weather around here. Monsoon rains followed by narrowly missing a hit by a couple of tornadoes last weekend.
Suffice it to say that we had massive flooding in the basement and most of my planes and supplies are now in a landfill.
That being said I'm pressing on with my PT-17 build.
The sonic Modell ARF I picked up is essentially the same as what hobbyking sells and seeing how the ARF comes with zero info as recommended power setups I have to loosely base my build on the electronics provided in the HK PNP version.
The HK comes with a 3648 850 kV motor and 40 amp ESC running with 4s. The PNP comes with a 12x8 prop as does the ARF.
The closest I can get to that spec with what I have salvaged is a 3825 750 kV OS brushless married with a 60 amp opto ESC and 5 amp ubec. I think this combo might be overkill but as I plan to prop up to a 13x6 or 13x8 it should be fine.
The is motor was to be used in a Sig kobra build I was just starting but the moisture has gotten to the balsa and has warped it badly.

----------------------------------------------------------
Dumas Ecroupe, MM EVA, E-flite L4 Grasshopper, Sig Kougar, Sig Kobra, Top Fight Contender, top flite mini contender, Carl Goldberg Skylark mark II, M&H Sportster 40.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:49 AM   #2
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

Sorry to hear about the plane and equipment losses.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #3
Wrongway-Feldman

Friends: (5)

It wasn't a total loss. My micros and quads are ok as they were on the main floor.
Also my EVA, slow stick, pz wildcat, and skymaster are ok as they were hanging from the ceiling.
The big losses are my Sig planes, boxes of servos, batteries, connectors, tools, and the like.
It also seems the stearman will be on hold for a little while. The motor mount on this plane won't work with the os motor. The motor mount holes are the type where two are further from the center than the other two. And I just don't have what I need to fabricate a replacement mount at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------
Dumas Ecroupe, MM EVA, E-flite L4 Grasshopper, Sig Kougar, Sig Kobra, Top Fight Contender, top flite mini contender, Carl Goldberg Skylark mark II, M&H Sportster 40.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions