Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > ParkFlyers
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-06-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
GBLynden

Friends: (0)
Default E-Flite P-51 Mustang Parkflyer with Flaps and Retracts

So I recently bought the new E-Flite P-51 Mustang that is their first "Full-House" offering that comes with flaps and retracts.

Here is the maiden flight to share with you how nice it flies:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:04 PM   #2
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
Friends: (16)

Nice job GB. What do you think about a 2 blade prop? I often worry about 4 blades hitting the ground

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:33 PM   #3
GBLynden

Thank you sir! That shouldn't be an issue as this is not a belly lander, but some folks have tried a 2-blade prop with a little bit more speed. I believe they are using the Extra 300 prop. I personally like it how it is and normally keep my planes stock anyway.

GB
Old 11-17-2014, 04:20 AM   #4
GBLynden

After flying it again today is does feel a bit slow, but it is pretty relaxing to fly all things considered

My take-off was garbage on this flight, but my buddy John and I had a very fun day of flying. I love making video memories lol

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #5
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Nice flight GB. I keep eying this one at the LHS and the new corsair. So many planes so little time.

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:36 PM   #6
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (21)

Nice plane. Nice flying.

I had the little Gunfighters p51 and souped it up with a power up 15 .Was a screamer. Also have the big FMS 1450mm P51D

Now for 200.00 I have the Reno racer version from Roc Hobby(FMS)Mine is the Voodoo. 90-100 mph WTS has the Strega P51. They have a super corsair in the series. They come with flaps and retracts. If you want more speed, take a look.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #7
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
Nice plane. Nice flying.

I had the little Gunfighters p51 and souped it up with a power up 15 .Was a screamer. Also have the big FMS 1450mm P51D

Now for 200.00 I have the Reno racer version from Roc Hobby(FMS)Mine is the Voodoo. 90-100 mph WTS has the Strega P51. They have a super corsair in the series. They come with flaps and retracts. If you want more speed, take a look.
I love the old Gunfighrer as well. I bought it off a friend for 30 bucks, best 30 dollars I ever spent. I too also have the FMS version and it is quickly becoming one of my favorites

Old 12-01-2014, 12:05 AM   #8
GBLynden

Originally Posted by Fishbonez View Post
Nice flight GB. I keep eying this one at the LHS and the new corsair. So many planes so little time.
Both are great choices! HH has the 15% off that ends tonight on a discounted Corsair.....or this one! lol

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
Nice plane. Nice flying.

Thank you That sounds like a lot of fun! I think once I have had this plane for a while I might add some more HP, but for now, I really like how it does what it does.

Originally Posted by Fishbonez View Post
I love the old Gunfighrer as well. I bought it off a friend for 30 bucks, best 30 dollars I ever spent. I too also have the FMS version and it is quickly becoming one of my favorites
That sounds like a great deal to me! lol

This is some scale footage taken the other day crusing through the sky. This plane is exactly what RC Planes should be
YouTube Video

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > ParkFlyers