Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
Tinlid

Friends: (0)
Default FrSky V8 2.4GHz Module on Optic 6

Has anyone else done the same conversion i just fitted the FrSky module to my Optic 6 and i have a question the programming button the instructions refer to is it the button on the back of the module itself? " this button is also refered to as F/S Range button" or is it a button on the face of the TX as the only way i can get the LED light to flash for binding is to hold this button on the back of the module while turning the TX on is this the correct procedure. i have not tried to actualy bind to a RX yet i'm just checking things as i go.

Keep smiling and fly when you can
Old 01-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #2
Flyer495th

Check out http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/
Old 01-25-2011, 02:41 AM   #3
Tinlid

Thanks for the reply got it worked out now.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:46 AM   #4
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Club: Long Island Silent Flyers
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (8)

It has been a year. How about a report? Good results? Problems?

Would you recommend the FrSky module to others?

Long Island Silent Flyers
www.lisf.org
Eastern Soaring League
www.flyesl.org
Old 02-01-2012, 01:49 AM   #5
Tinlid

Originally Posted by AEAJR View Post
It has been a year. How about a report? Good results? Problems?

Would you recommend the FrSky module to others?
I never use the system there was a add on to the RX instructions which whent somthing like ( DISABLE THE FAILSAFE ON THE TRANSMITTER SIDE ) I never understood what they where on about i asked them twice on there site but never got a straight answer that i could understand so i never use it.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

Originally Posted by Tinlid View Post
I never use the system there was a add on to the RX instructions which whent somthing like ( DISABLE THE FAILSAFE ON THE TRANSMITTER SIDE ) I never understood what they where on about i asked them twice on there site but never got a straight answer that i could understand so i never use it.
If you don't use it - I know a Charity that would gladly relieve you of the Module !! Me !

Rx's only act on what they are told by Tx's ... so failsafe etc. is always set by the Tx ...

You can basically forget about it ... plug and default is fine.

What you should have done is com on here or whatever and asked about it ... same as you did for the bind button.

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 09-25-2014, 03:43 AM   #7
diverdon

Friends: (4)
Default which frsky module to use

Hello, I am looking into getting back into rc planes and have the hitec optic 6 ... looks like I need to upgrade to 2.4 ghz ... can someone tell me which module to get to use in this radio ??? Please... I see that fr sky puts one out ? but also see that there are a few models ...

Or is there a better - safer way to do this .
Thanks for your help .. Looking forward to crashing planes again..D.J.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:32 AM   #8
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by diverdon View Post
Hello, I am looking into getting back into rc planes and have the hitec optic 6 ... looks like I need to upgrade to 2.4 ghz ... can someone tell me which module to get to use in this radio ??? Please... I see that fr sky puts one out ? but also see that there are a few models ...

There are a LOT of good radios out there on 2.4 Ghz radios, and they can have very reasonable prices.

One good brand is the Spektrum line. Their DX6i unit is a good entry radio. Spektrum has a good quality 4 channel receiver on the market for $29. Also, there are a lot of Spekie compatible receivers available for a fraction of that.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71276

Spektrum has something called "Model Match" where you program in the name of your model in your transmitter, to match your model on the ground. With several models stored in your transmitter, if your transmitter model and the model on the ground don't match, the model receiver is inoperative. And your model won't won't move. (Think of reversed ailerons!)
I won't use those compatibles in my 1 Kilowatt plus sized models, but thats only my opinion.

As always, if you're in it for the long haul, try to buy the best transmitter you can afford. I've got the Spektrum DX8, along with a DX7 as a backup. That DX8 has all the features I'll ever use.

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!
Old 09-25-2014, 04:33 AM   #9
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam
Friends: (3)

Originally Posted by diverdon View Post

FrySky does make a converter for the TX, but a compatible RX is also required.........that will be the issue with any TX converter.

The Optic 6 is a little outdated....but still nothing wrong with using 72mhz......Hitec and Airtronics upgraded almost everything to 2.5ghz....they still carry 72mhz crystals and modules, if you're sold on Hitec.

AMA 928214

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros