Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-01-2014, 10:33 AM   #1
sgrad120

Friends: (0)
Default New games for beginners

Hi guys. I've spent the last few weeks developing free RC games called Warbirds RC and Warbirds RC Heli... available on google play (play.google.com)

As I said, they are free, so it's easy to get a handle on how to fly before you spend megabucks on RC aircraft and controllers.

I have been thinking about making themed apps e.g All Russian planes or all Australian planes.

Anyway check them out, let me know what you think

Cheers
Steve g
Old 12-01-2014, 06:01 PM   #2
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Club: Somerset Signal Senders & GCA
Awards Showcase

2kW  1kW 
Friends: (10)

First of all, it's really bad karma to cross-post in ten different forums. Makes you look like a spammer. I haven't done enough research to determine whether you just rebranded another free simulator or you actually developed this one yourself. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, though.

I downloaded the game and I must say it's a pretty nice effort. But I found the planes almost unflyable. I consider myself a pretty decent pilot, but I could just barely keep the P51 in the air. It's VERY twitchy along the roll axis. Almost feels like it's in a constant tip stall. Now, warbirds are famous for that, but not when flying at 3/4 throttle and making smooth coordinated turns. It should fly like it's on rails. Also, takeoff was just plain weird. I powered up, let it roll and applied some up elevator and the plane just nosed in. That's really not how it's supposed to behave.

Since I have a background as a software developer, it intrigues me when people are trying to develop new pieces of software. If you did indeed develop this (rather than just rebranding it), I would welcome you to discuss it here. Just don't cross post all over the place, please!

AMA #959089
Old 12-01-2014, 07:33 PM   #3
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (8)

+1. But since I also saw this as spamming, I didn't bother researching or downloading the software. You're your own worst enemy when using this kind of marketing, at least with this kind of crowd, I think.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:50 AM   #4
sgrad120

Ok, was just letting people have a look at what I'm doing... the app is free, so it's not marketing...
Old 12-02-2014, 03:57 AM   #5
sgrad120

Originally Posted by NJSwede View Post
First of all, it's really bad karma to cross-post in ten different forums. Makes you look like a spammer. I haven't done enough research to determine whether you just rebranded another free simulator or you actually developed this one yourself. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, though.

I downloaded the game and I must say it's a pretty nice effort. But I found the planes almost unflyable. I consider myself a pretty decent pilot, but I could just barely keep the P51 in the air. It's VERY twitchy along the roll axis. Almost feels like it's in a constant tip stall. Now, warbirds are famous for that, but not when flying at 3/4 throttle and making smooth coordinated turns. It should fly like it's on rails. Also, takeoff was just plain weird. I powered up, let it roll and applied some up elevator and the plane just nosed in. That's really not how it's supposed to behave.

Since I have a background as a software developer, it intrigues me when people are trying to develop new pieces of software. If you did indeed develop this (rather than just rebranding it), I would welcome you to discuss it here. Just don't cross post all over the place, please!

Sorry to cross-post, just not sure if people read all threads... The game is my own... built from scratch, including modelling, painting and coding. The Mustang did need a gentle tweak to get it into the air, (changed that) and I was looking at releasing a version soon with customisable sensitivity so users could adjust the plane themselves. The latest version now has Mustang with a softer tailwheel and less sensitive roll, thanks to the feedback you provided. The rollrate was changed from 3 (an arbitrary multiplier) to 2.2, roughly a 27% reduction.

To update your app, just go to the google play app, then access the menu button (the thing with three horizontal stripes) and check 'my apps'... it will tell you whether it has been updated. Sorry if you already know that... you did say you were a software developer...

Cheers
Steve g
Old 12-02-2014, 08:29 AM   #6
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

Many people I suspect use the New Posts facility at top of listings .. as I do. So your posts about your game has created a number of slots .. so we DO see them.

Previously a guy posted about his Doppler app .. and he had great support from the community. He did not post in other listings. We are a finicky bunch ... we help and support but also do not appreciate being inundated with items. Multi posting as you did - for some is unacceptable and leads to the exact opposite you wish to achieve ... it will be passed over and ignored.

OK - I tried to download from Google Play ... but my tablet (android) was insufficient drive space .. even though it has reasonable available. That's my problem .. so will look again after cleaning up a bit more space.

Final comment - a Game is generally not a Sim ... so I hope this is worth it ... most of us have Sims we are happy with ...

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners