Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Company Support Forums > Heads UP RC discussion
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Heads UP RC discussion Heads up RC discussion and support. Monitored by Heads UP RC.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-29-2014, 04:24 PM   #1
Wisc-BK
Watch this........:-(

Friends: (2)
Default USPS damaged my package, Jeff comes through again.

This is more about USPS service than anything. Ordered 2 batteries and some props from Heads Up RC, package delivered as usual in a couple of days. I was quite surprised by the condition of the package, one whole side of it completely ripped open. Contents of the package was 1/2 of the order, 2 props instead of 4, 1 2200mah battery instead of 2, and the battery that was barely in the package was dented, bent, scrapped etc. etc..

Of course Jeff and company came through and are shipping me the pieces that were missing and or damaged. I hope he gets something back from USPS that made a mess of the package..

I keep wondering though, where the heck the other battery is, is it laying in some USPS office somewhere, possibly damaged waiting to get hot and catch fire ?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030153.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	177559   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030154.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	177560   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030160.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	177561   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030157.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	177562   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030158.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	177563  

I thought I was high enough ...........
Old 10-18-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

View Bill G's Gallery88
Club: rcg staff
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (17)

Originally Posted by Wisc-BK View Post
This is more about USPS service than anything. Ordered 2 batteries and some props from Heads Up RC, package delivered as usual in a couple of days. I was quite surprised by the condition of the package, one whole side of it completely ripped open. Contents of the package was 1/2 of the order, 2 props instead of 4, 1 2200mah battery instead of 2, and the battery that was barely in the package was dented, bent, scrapped etc. etc..

Of course Jeff and company came through and are shipping me the pieces that were missing and or damaged. I hope he gets something back from USPS that made a mess of the package..

I keep wondering though, where the heck the other battery is, is it laying in some USPS office somewhere, possibly damaged waiting to get hot and catch fire ?
Your profile statement may provide clues to the situation: "I thought I was high enough ........... "
Apparently someone at USPS didn't think they they were, and thought that every package coming out of FL has (insert contraband here) inside it.

"I keep wondering though, where the heck the other battery is, is it laying in some USPS office somewhere, possibly damaged waiting to get hot and catch fire ?"
Hate to say it, but that certainly would be karma.

The plastic bag is classic: "Dear USPS customer, we sincerely regret that your package has been fully shredded, but we're going to place what's left of it in the bag and send it to you anyway, letting you know that we no longer ain't got nothin' on UPS."
Old 10-18-2014, 01:07 PM   #3
fhhuber
Super Contributor

UPS = Ultimate Package Smashers

USPS = Use Sparingly Package Smashed

You just can't win
Old 10-20-2014, 01:59 AM   #4
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

View Bill G's Gallery88
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  Scratchbuilders Award 

I still can't get over this one, with the Post Office's clear plastic bag that they put your destroyed package in, that says "We Care". It's like lighting a bag of flaming dog ##!! on someone's porch, and also leaving a dirty rag with a note that says, "To show that I care, I left this rag so you can wipe your shoes off afterward. Please accept my sincere apology for lighting a bag of flaming dog @%$$ on your porch".
Old 10-20-2014, 02:50 PM   #5
Wisc-BK

Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
I still can't get over this one, with the Post Office's clear plastic bag that they put your destroyed package in, that says "We Care". It's like lighting a bag of flaming dog ##!! on someone's porch, and also leaving a dirty rag with a note that says, "To show that I care, I left this rag so you can wipe your shoes off afterward. Please accept my sincere apology for lighting a bag of flaming dog @%$$ on your porch".
Well Bill G don't get too worked up about it, although I do appreciate your concern.. This is only one of a few issues here with USPS out here in a rural area. Our mail boxes are of course on the road and kids come by and bang them with bats sometimes, my mailbox has clear duct tape on it cause they broke the outside shell of my plastic/vinyl box. I will not have our medications mailed via our drug insurance company because I am worried about them arriving in good condition and if they actually will be placed in my mail box. There are many conditions where my and neighbors mail have been placed in a box one or two mail boxes away from where it is supposed to go. It is a good thing we all kind of know each other and do not live like miles apart like some rural areas, and we just put the wrong mail in the right box and call the person up to let them know. My neighbor to the east of me finally stopped mail service to the home because she got tired of her mail ending up in my mailbox !!! and told USPS many times about it, and why she now wanted a PO BOX.

I guess those are the breaks of living near a small town/city and in a rural area, but I will take them. I live on a 60 acre property and can and do fly out in my back yard/field. Although I do have to live with some animals taking over my flying field, see the attached pic of a coyote sunning himself on my mowed field a couple days ago at eight in the morning... !!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1590.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	177972   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1573.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	281.0 KB
ID:	177973  

Old 10-21-2014, 03:39 AM   #6
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

View Bill G's Gallery88
Awards Showcase

Just to be straight, I order regularly from Heads Up Rc, and just placed an order 5 minutes ago. I'm not worked up. I'm laughing at the USPS since the whole thing is humorous. Don't take things too seriously.

One thing the USPS is doing lately is the same thing they did with parcel post. People figured out that they operate on a set schedule, where packages ship just as fast no matter what option you choose. That said, what they do is intentionally hold your package up for the entire allowed delivery time, to "teach you a lesson" to pay more for express shipping. Some patterns become DEAD OBVIOUS, and that is one of them. Recently package and another customer's sat in the Orlando post office for days, before shipping out. Everyone knows that a major hub like that dispatches daily. They just hold it up so that you will pay for express the next time. They actually goofed up and went beyond their allowed 5 days the last time. Jeff ships right away.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:15 AM   #7
Wisc-BK

I don't take things too serious, I'm retired and take life as it comes, no sense worrying about things one cannot change on your own, just live and let live.

Oh I have no problem with Jeff and Heads Up RC, he used to be based in Ashland Wisc... north of me about 4 hours or so, then moved to a warmer climate :-) I buy from him as much as I can, a most of my scratch built planes have lots of parts from Jeff, and some of the repaired Parkzone stuff also.

I find it strange the way some stuff travels even from FedX and UPS, we ordered some event tickets from a Chicago ticket office last week, and the tickets went from Chicago to Memphis Tenn. and then to Oshkosh Wisc. and then to me...Oshkosh is the main hub for FedX and UPS here. Now I live about 3 hours north from Chicago... why didn't they go to Oshkosh Wisc. right away from Chicago ?? beats me. But they got here so no skin off my nose.... LOL

Old 10-21-2014, 10:49 PM   #8
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

View Bill G's Gallery88
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by Wisc-BK View Post
I don't take things too serious, I'm retired and take life as it comes, no sense worrying about things one cannot change on your own, just live and let live.

Oh I have no problem with Jeff and Heads Up RC, he used to be based in Ashland Wisc... north of me about 4 hours or so, then moved to a warmer climate :-) I buy from him as much as I can, a most of my scratch built planes have lots of parts from Jeff, and some of the repaired Parkzone stuff also.

I find it strange the way some stuff travels even from FedX and UPS, we ordered some event tickets from a Chicago ticket office last week, and the tickets went from Chicago to Memphis Tenn. and then to Oshkosh Wisc. and then to me...Oshkosh is the main hub for FedX and UPS here. Now I live about 3 hours north from Chicago... why didn't they go to Oshkosh Wisc. right away from Chicago ?? beats me. But they got here so no skin off my nose.... LOL
That's exactly what I was saying, about how the major shippers have set routes and set schedules, that may sometimes seem out of the way. In the old days, they would hold the mail until enough piled up, and then send a truck directly where needed. Today, they run the same routes on the same times as a schedule, pretty much regardless of volume. It costs more money to change the schedule/routes than to just stick with one that they've determined to best fit the average volume and routes of mail traffic. People figured that out, and started paying discount shipping, knowing that it would make it there just as fast no matter what, so the PO got smart and started intentionally delaying packages so people would pay for priority options.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Company Support Forums > Heads UP RC discussion