Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Delta & Flying Wings
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Delta & Flying Wings Discuss electric powered delta (flying wing) style aircraft here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-04-2014, 05:20 AM   #1
abborgogna

Friends: (0)
Default Aerobeez Stinger

I recently won an Aerobeez Stinger in a raffle at a fun fly I attended. This thing comes without any documentation, but they do have a set of videos at their web site for assembly. Anyway to make a long story short I flew it this morning. I forgot to dial in some reflex into the elevons which lead to a very short first attempt. After dialing in the approximate reflex (it looked good to my friend) I attempted a second flight. This time things went much better, at least until the motor shut down. At first I thought the problem was a dead battery, but no. Then I thought it was the ESC, later I discovered it was both the motor and the ESC. It seems the "C" clip that holds the prop shaft/bell to the stator bearing came off. When this happened it jammed and because I kept the throttle up the ESC smoked. Given the very small size of the "C" clip I elected to toss both the motor and the ESC. I have since replaced both with some spare parts I had lying around. It really does make you wonder about the quality of the stuff we are getting from China, some of it is just plane junk with a capital "J".

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Delta & Flying Wings