Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Off Topic Chit Chat
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 08-28-2014, 06:37 PM   #1
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (16)
Default you got to be kidding,no fly zone friday&saturday!!!

hey gang,
i took thurs and friday off from work to get some r&r......went to the field to sit around and chat with a few buds and even though it's windy[10 TO 15MPH+] i got 4 flights in on the 260 extra and electrifly 540t edge. .

then the bad news came....no flying do to vip traffic from 1pm friday through all of saturday....

we are on the edge of the government declared noflyzone and that means we are all grounded since the club president says we obey the rules even though we shouldn't worry. what really sucks is i took 2 days off to go to fly today,and go to the beach friday with my wife and daughter and hoped to go flying saturday weather permitting.

i'm home now.....there are 3 weed like trees growing alongside my house around 25 ft tall....i am going to gas up the chainsaw i hardly ever use,maybe put on a a hockey goalie mask and full length black leather jacket resembling the "chainsaw massacre guy and tear those trees to shreds my neighbors will think i'm crazy when doing this while i'm yelling "DIE YOU NO FLY F'ER'S WHO MAKE THIS HAPPEN ON LABOR DAY WEEKEND!!!!

edit: after reading a few jokes here on humor forums,i'v decided not to dress up and curse the government while cutting down the trees...lol,instead i will just kill them quietly and think of the stupid noflyzone rule makers,maybe now i won't cut my leg of in a rage of slaughterous anger taken out on a few hapless trees.

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 08-28-2014, 06:49 PM   #2
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

That sucks! We get hit with the no fly zone occasionally too, but Labor day weekend?!
Old 08-28-2014, 08:21 PM   #3
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

TOOK ONLY AN HOUR,THOSE TREES ARE DEAD!!!!!BUNDLED AND ON THE CURB.

at least the beach friday should be beautiful.

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 08-29-2014, 01:50 PM   #4
Flubber

View Flubber's Gallery8
Club: DE R/C, SKSS
Friends: (0)

I feel your Pain Tobydogs. Our field is closed today (two days notice) to clear weeds. Sounds like someone just wants to play with the tractor. It is closed again tomorrow morning to clear different weeds. None of these weeds have any effect on the flight operations at the field. So sad

Terry

Flying is like ... ah well ... I can not think of anything it is like...
Old 08-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #5
pd1
Still Learning

View pd1's Gallery69
Club: Cape Ann RC Model Club
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot  WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (53)

I hate those stupid no fly zones.

We have a club field 25 miles from Boston,we are also 25 miles from Portsmouth, NH and Manchester, NH.
Every time there is a VIP campaigning we're shut down.

I think the no fly zones bother me more than any other rule or regulation I know of.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:37 PM   #6
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

i agree the rules are stupid......we'er not talking flying around the airports obama is using,just a few hundred ft off the ground over our field. looks like i'll do maintenance on the planes that get the most use.

i plan on changing the esc in an edf called the stinger......oppsOH NO!!now the nsa will think i'm talking missiles.oh no!!!!now i'v typed the word missile...crap....i just did it again,now i should just hang the transmitter up for good and expect company tonight.

truth is Obama is flying to a local area thats across the river[hudson river]and we are closer than those no fly days when the areas for air force one is well south 20+miles of our field.

gotta say though,the beach was absolutely beautiful today.we got whistled by lifeguards cause we were to far out playing in the waves,we didn't know it but we were really caught in a rip tide which i didn't notice as a strong swimmer. when i turned around and saw my wife and daughter struggling i swam back out and pulled my daughter in,my wife was able to swim in and the life guard went after another swimmer who couldn't beat the pull of the waves out. all in all a great day at the beach.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:36 AM   #7
pd1
Still Learning

View pd1's Gallery69
Club: Cape Ann RC Model Club
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot  WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (53)

Glad you had a great day at the beach.
It just seems that the VIP's never show up on windy or rainy days.
I haven't been up to flying much lately and it never fails that they show when it's clear and light winds.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:48 PM   #8
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

wooooohoooo! just read the restrictions have been lifted till 5:30 pm thru 11:30pm.

now i have to explain to my darling wife i want to go flying instead of taking the dogs to the vet at noon time..what a pita. the government sure knows how to mess up a weekends planning.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:50 PM   #9
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

windy and wonderful day flying. bud's at the field were done flying when i arrived around 10:30 but others showed up and also flew.

now to figure out how to get more field time and spend time with my better half...

Old 08-31-2014, 01:47 AM   #10
carpetbagger

Friends: (0)

Hey Tobydogs, my kids learned early on = swim parallel to beach when in a rip. Not sure where you are but we get mean rips on OBX. When red flags go up, all the surfers grab boards and run for surf.

You can check NOTAMs on AMA website for VIP closures. My former digs, Fairfax County, VA is under a non-expiring NOTAM - D.C. area. No problem now in East BugSplat, NC. Only unimportant VIPs visit here :-)

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Off Topic Chit Chat