Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > Balsa Kits For Sale and WTB
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Balsa Kits For Sale and WTB Please post only balsa kits in this for sale or trade in this forum.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 08-30-2014, 04:12 PM   #1
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Friends: (10)
Default WTB: Midwest StrikeMaster kit

I really wanted to get this forum going but I'm finding I just don't have any kits I really want to let go of. I'd rather buy if I can find the right kit.

I'm looking for one of the old Midwest StrikeMaster kits for a realistic price. As much as I don't like foam I'd even consider the Attacker version. I've seen the website selling the short kit of the StrikeMaster fuselage and at $85.00 for $6.00 worth of cut balsa that one doesn't interest me.

Joe

The nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind.....
Old 08-30-2014, 05:53 PM   #2
Wildflyer
2014 President of PSSF

Club: Puget Sound Silent Flyers -PSSF & Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Association - TCMAA
Friends: (7)

I built one from plans when they first came out, it was not hard build, and it flew great.

I agree with you I would not pay $85 for the short kit.

if you are interested in the plans, I still should have mine but I won't be home until mid September.

Dave R, Proud PGR rider.
When you have flying skills like mine,
You become a master at repair.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:01 PM   #3
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

I thought about getting the plans but RCM plans service is gone now. Probably not a bad thing as they were ripping everyone off. Took 4 months to get a few plans from them about 4 years ago.

Honestly the only reason I want a kit vs plans is to get the foam wings. I don't see anyone other than the guys charging $85.00 for the fuse kit selling them. I don't remember the price but they were way out of line on them too. Too bad there isn't a built up wing version.

Let me know when you get home if you find your plans.

Joe

Old 09-24-2014, 02:14 AM   #4
Abuelo

Club: Open flying at the Chandler Bowl
Friends: (1)

Joe, the RCM plan is available from Outerzone, free from there plus the cost to print.

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_file...rikemaster.pdf

Looks simple enough to scratch build. The fuse and tail are balsa, construction is mostly sheet plus triangle stock with a lot of sanding. The wing is foam but patterns are included for hot wire cutting. Might be an option if you have someone at your club with a cutter. The plan has an address for where to purchase the foam wing, but it has to be outdated.

Alternatively, the wing could be built with balsa, just need to design the structure. Shouldn't be too difficult as the plan shows the root and tip rib sizes and shape, plus the dihedral. Its going to be sheeted with 1/16 balsa in either case.

Just an idea.

Bill

"Treason doth never prosper. What's the reason? For if it prosper, none dare call it 'treason.'” -- Sir John Harrington
Old 09-24-2014, 02:41 AM   #5
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Bill,

Thanks for the link. Can't believe I didn't think to check there. Outerzone has most everything!

Looks like it would be easy to drop a ton of weight for electric conversion. I scratched out a Goldberg Eaglet 50 from all balsa a while back and dropped around 10 ounces. Could probably lose a pound or so on the StrikeMaster. I have a set of Sig Kougar wings NIB. Hmmmm, I wonder if I could make them work.....

Joe

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > Balsa Kits For Sale and WTB