Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > ParkFlyers
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 08-20-2006, 04:51 AM   #1
jimw1956

Friends: (0)
Default GWS Naro Rcvr with Standard servos?

This may be a dumb question, but I'm still pretty new at this. Would there be any problem with using standard size servos with a GWS Naro receiver? Would the larger servos pull more current, and if so, would the receiver handle it ok? I ordered a Naro to use in a Superstar EP plane, but they sent me the JR version and I have to return it for the Futaba version, so I was just considering possibly upgrading to a different receiver, if it would be better. This is also a single conversion receiver with about a 1200 ft. range...do you think that's good enough for this plane?
Old 08-20-2006, 05:29 AM   #2
Twmaster

View Twmaster's Gallery17
Friends: (13)

The servos will work ok with the GWS RX. I use some standard servos with my GWS receivers.

You'll here some folks complain about how they hate the GWS RX and others who just love them. I have never had a problem with them. The Superstar EP is small enough that you'll not be able to see it at 1200 feet!

Mike N

Support the entire Constitution.
Not just the parts you like.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:47 PM   #3
jimw1956

Friends: (0)

Well that was pretty much what I was thinking. With my eyesight, I probably would lose it way before then. Guess I'll call Tower today and get them to exchange the mis-packaged one. Weird thing...the case had "F" on it which is what I ordered, but the receiver had "J" on it. Just my luck.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:28 PM   #4
Twmaster

View Twmaster's Gallery17
Friends: (13)

If you have a Hitec Optic 6 or Eclipse 7 TX you can use the JR shift RX. Just set the shift mode for the model.

Of course if you don't have either of these radios just ignore me!

Mike N

Support the entire Constitution.
Not just the parts you like.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > ParkFlyers