PDA

View Full Version : Deans connectors?

Huntermd14
01-22-2007, 12:46 AM
I would like to change my battery and chargers connections on the super cub to deans which i heard are better. How do i find these deans and what sizes if any do i need. Thanks.

Mike

Solid Hit
01-22-2007, 01:18 AM
I use the Deans Ultra on ALL my batteries. Your lhs should have them or any of the on-line hobby shops will carry them. It's pretty much a staple.

Just be sure to remember that the female goes on the battery and the male on the esc. Also that the hot (red) wire goes on the thicker part of the plug (the one that is perpenducular to the plug).

trogdor
01-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Deans Ultra are great just make sure you have a hot enough soldering iron so that the joint doesn't tkae more than a second or so to make.. any longer and the plastic starts to melt and then the pins aren't aligned and they're hard to pull apart.

You can plug two together as you solder one to help with this but be really careful you don't short anything with the bare pins sticking out.

Huntermd14
01-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Thanks guys, the plugs that are on the super cub and the batteries are really cheap, sometimes that make contact and sometimes not.

Leo L
01-25-2007, 09:21 PM
Tin the wires and connectors first. Then position the wire and connector together and just a touch of the iron on the connector should melt the solder and join them.

There are some generic connectors that look like Dean Ultras being sold, particularly on e-bay. Although they are much cheaper, they don't work as well and aren't worth the slight savings in cost.