PDA

View Full Version : Receiver switch?

meddyliol
01-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Hi, I am in the process of building my Slow Stick and thought that I would connect the motor to the ESC to the battery to the receiver. When I switched the transmitter box on the motor worked fine until I switched the transmitter off. This caused no end of problems, the motor was acting like a mad thing. I could only stop it by disconnecting the battery. Is there a way of connecting a switch to the receiver?

Brian :o

Rugar
01-29-2007, 08:08 PM
What you experienced is totally normal. NEVER have your battery plugged in without having your TX on, or shut the TX off with the battery still plugged in. The erratic movement you can sometimes get from the servos can strip the servo gears, and you could also end up with a plane flying away.

meddyliol
01-29-2007, 08:23 PM
OK, thanks for that. So to ask what is probably a stupid question, switch the Tx on THEN plug in the battery, and disconnect the battery BEFORE switching the Tx off?

Sorry for my ignorance :o

brian

Rugar
01-29-2007, 08:30 PM
OK, thanks for that. So to ask what is probably a stupid question, switch the Tx on THEN plug in the battery, and disconnect the battery BEFORE switching the Tx off?

Sorry for my ignorance :o

brian

Yes, thats how you need to do it each time.

There are NEVER any stupid questions asked on here. We all had to start from scratch and learn somehow, so don't be afraid to ask anything that you don't understand. There are LOTS of willing members here to answer ANY questions you may have.

meddyliol
01-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Thanks very much, this is probably the best of all the forums. :)

Cheers

brian:cool: