PDA

View Full Version : Hobby Stores in Eastern MA

Gnascher
01-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Greetings,

I'm a newcomer to the hobby. I've been flying AHAAs for a while, and just ordered a HZ Supercub which should arrive tomorrow. :D

I was wondering if any of you folks might know of any well-stocked brick-and-mortar hobby shops in Massachusetts. I live about 25 miles NW of boston ... so anything inside 495 and north of the pike would be within range. :)

The only hobby shop that's in my immediate area only deals with trains and dollhouses ... so I'm hoping to find something nearby that will help out when an "unplanned landing" shortens my flying day.

Black&Tan
01-29-2007, 10:19 PM
I know its a longshot, but check the Tamiya website. They usually list regional hobby stores; there have an icon system which indicates what products the store sells.

debhicks
01-30-2007, 04:26 AM
You can go to www.modelairplane.org and there is a hobby shop locator that may get you in the right direction.

Gnascher
01-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Thank you both.

Both of your links found me Dave's Hobby Shop in Beverly. That's near where I work so that'll do.

Perhaps I've found a business opportunity if Massachusetts really is so lacking in Hobby Shops! :-P

cbatters
01-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Thank you both.

Both of your links found me Dave's Hobby Shop in Beverly. That's near where I work so that'll do.

Perhaps I've found a business opportunity if Massachusetts really is so lacking in Hobby Shops! :-P

If you find a good hobby store for electric airplanes in Eastern MA let me know - I haven't found one yet. (I am in Stoughton, MA.)

Clint