PDA

View Full Version : E-Flight Mini Ultra Stick

Rob1962
02-26-2007, 04:34 AM
I fly Helis but always had an interest in Planes would you recommend E-Flight Mini Ultra Stick W/400 Motor for a begginer?

Balil
02-26-2007, 05:35 AM
i wouldnt recomend the stick as a trainer, although it is a High wing plane, it has a symetrical airfoil and no dihedrial. get a trainer that has a flat bottom airfoil and about 5 degrees of dihedrial. it will make the plane more stable in the air, the flat bottom airfoil will produce more lift and give it slight self righting in the air. needed for getting past the learning curve.

Rabbitcreekok
02-26-2007, 05:38 AM
I fly Helis but always had an interest in Planes would you recommend E-Flight Mini Ultra Stick W/400 Motor for a begginer?

Hello Rob and welcome to WattFlyer. If you have no fixed wing experience, I don't think the Mini Ultra Stick would be the best airplane for you. It has a straight wing, no dihedral and goes where you point it, which means into the ground as you learn. Horizon calls it a move up airplane, from a trainer to a sport plane.

The best trainers have lots of dihedral and are very forgiving. A Multiplex Easy Star or the Super Cub from Horizon would be better.

Or check out the T-Hawk from Ready-to-Fly-Fun. It comes with radio gear that can be used later.

http://www.readytoflyfun.com/thawnimwssfm.html

Hope this helps

Huntermd14
02-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Hello Rob, i dont know if your the same Rob i met at the lisf field sunday but i can tell you that the MUS is a great plane but it does not self right at all. You need to keep moving the control sticks after every input to level the plane out. I have the MUS PNP with the 450 park motor, slow fly prop and it is great, you can slow it down nicely for relaxing flight and also landings.

Mike

stanlazi
03-01-2007, 04:40 PM
I just got through a month of frustration with TWO mini ultra sticks.
I would like to sell them. They are beautiful planes but require patience and perhaps a nice grass field. I have niether.
I would sell them both for 75.00 plus freight. These are planes only
no motor , esc, tx or rx. New theye are 90.00 each. You really can not go
wrong. Servos are included. All parts are perfect except the fuselages have taken a few hits.

Leo L
03-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Stan,
Sounds like a great offer. There are six flyers at my field that fly the MUS and they all love it. I like the way that it flies, but I hate the way that it looks. I would consider your offer, but I just bought three planes at last week's WRAM show. On the other hand...

Would it be possible for you to describe the damage from the hits on the fuselage, or maybe post some photos? If I decide that I can live with the damage, we'll make a deal.

goflyhighrc
03-05-2007, 02:24 AM
Just put together my first Mini Ultra Stick, put a park 480 motor, phoenix 25 amp speed control, and Polyquest 3S 2150 mah battery. My question is: to get it balanced at 57mm I had to add 24 grams of weight to the tail end, when flying and no throttle it decends at a fairly steep angel. Using the dial hands of a clock I would say it comes down at app 7 o'clock , does this seem right.

Leo L
03-05-2007, 05:13 AM
Although the MUS is not designed to be a glider, it should be able to fly better than at 7 o'clock. The first thing that I would do would be to get rid of the dead weight and see if you can re-position the battery for better weight distribution.

Huntermd14
03-05-2007, 06:27 PM
You must have the battery all the way forward. On my mus the front edge of my lipo is 3" from the firewall and it balances perfect.

Mike

stanlazi
03-05-2007, 07:02 PM
I am really not the guy to ask on this matter. I have had two of these monsters and crashed them both. I think my reflexes are too slow
Good Luck
Stan