PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU to the members

Burdette
02-26-2007, 10:33 PM
I posted my first post to these boards before Christmas, asking about beginner planes for my 6 yo son. More than one person recommended the Air Hogs Aero Ace (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2338266)

We DID give one to my son for Christmas, and we've had a blast using it. It is pretty wind sensitive, but he was able to fly it first try, and even his 9yo sister couldn't deny it was fun. Heck, *I* think it's fun.

We've been looking for a flying 'toy' that actually WORKS that you also don't need 4 football fields to play with. This is it. Easy to use, easy to fly, durable. The plane is also an excellent choice for our space-limited front yard/street/neighbor's yards play area. We went to a park to learn - but he can now fly it out front.

Now.. I just need to make sure my son (or daughter!) catches the RC bug real bad so I can feed my.. er, I mean, their, habit each Christmas!

Thank you again for the advice. This sort of result is EXACTLY why I love dedicated internet sites/boards with people passionate about the subject. I'll defintely be back for advice on upgrade plane #1.....

Airhead
02-27-2007, 02:38 AM
I'm so glad it went well. Good for you and your children...
Ya gotta admit.. it sure is a lot of FUN!! ;)

Oh, welcome to WF again..:)

Tailspin Ken
02-27-2007, 05:58 AM
Why wait for next Christmas? There are plenty of people here who will help you empty your wallet. Remember, electric RC is educational. You will no doubt nedd to get a plane for yourself so you can better teach and assist the young ones.
Ken

spitace
02-27-2007, 07:20 AM
Nothing Beats a AHAA does it:D
Like ken said, no reason to wait till crismas!!!!:D

Airhead
03-02-2007, 04:09 AM
Why wait for next Christmas? There are plenty of people here who will help you empty your wallet. Remember, electric RC is educational. You will no doubt nedd to get a plane for yourself so you can better teach and assist the young ones.
Ken
Woohooo.........
I'm with you..:D

buzzbomber
03-07-2007, 05:04 PM
It's kind of funny this subject came up. While shopping for my nephews (well, and my brother and father:rolleyes: ) during the holidays, I spent some time in the aisles of Toys R Us and Walmart where the Aero Aces are. I think I influenced about a dozen people to buy one. Maybe Spinmaster should offer me a commission:p . Seriously, I would see someone pick up one of those "other" RTF toys and look it over, then for some reason, they'd always ask me if I knew anything about them(do I look THAT geeky?) So, of course, I'd offer the suggestion that they look at the AA, telling them it's the best flying option for $30, the neighbor kids love it, etc, and I think every one of those people left with an AA box in their hands...