PDA

View Full Version : Stryker build

hdwideglide03
04-06-2007, 05:34 AM
Hello I am new to electric flying. I just recently purchased a Stryker B model with no electronics in it. I am going to change the engine mount from the B model to the C model.

I have purchased 2 HS-55 Hitec servos and am going to purchase the Hitec electron 6 micro receiver. I am using a Futaba EX6 TX. I am also going to use a 2100 lipo battery.

Now my question is what type of motor should I use and what size do I need to fit into the Stryker C motor mount? I believe I am going to use a 30 - 40 amp ESC. It seems that will be what I need for CYA so I don't burn up my battery. Is that correct?

Thanks for any help in advance.

hdwideglide03
04-06-2007, 05:43 AM
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LRBF69&P=1

would this be a good motor for it?

smokejohnson
04-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Welcome to Wattflyer WideGlide.

Here are a couple of inexpensive sources for good Stryker motors. Jeff at Heads Up RC (http://cgi.ebay.com/2409-12T-Brushless-Motor-30-amp-ESC_W0QQitemZ220098585381QQihZ012QQcategoryZ34056Q QtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem) has great info on his motors, very easy to understand. A lot of people here at Wattflyer order stuff from him, he is a safe seller.

Paul at RCEPower (https://st86.startlogic.com/%7Ercepower/osCommerce1/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=94&osCsid=e9affbda30fcfcbeba9e60159df77c02) also does a lot of business here. He hooks up "Wattflyer specials" from time to time.

The links will take you to a couple of good choices, both specifically mention the Stryker in the info. If you follow the "unbias review" at Paul's site it takes you to a thread at RCG with a lot of talk on using the EMAX on a Stryker.

hdwideglide03
04-07-2007, 12:48 AM
thanks a lot for the great information smokejohnson. that was a ton of help not only what to get but the electrical stuff that I am absolutely ignorant too.

smokejohnson
04-16-2007, 03:15 AM
How is the Stryker build going wideglide?

Jim R
04-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Hello I am new to electric flying. I just recently purchased a Stryker B model with no electronics in it. I am going to change the engine mount from the B model to the C model.

I have purchased 2 HS-55 Hitec servos and am going to purchase the Hitec electron 6 micro receiver. I am using a Futaba EX6 TX. I am also going to use a 2100 lipo battery.

Now my question is what type of motor should I use and what size do I need to fit into the Stryker C motor mount? I believe I am going to use a 30 - 40 amp ESC. It seems that will be what I need for CYA so I don't burn up my battery. Is that correct?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Hey WideGlide, I'm new at posting here but have lurked a long time. One thing I learned from these guys is that those HS-55s may not pull your Stryker out of a high speed dive:eek: (not enough torque). Many use HS-81s or HS-65s. I'm still flyin my Stryker C RTF on stock gear, my first brushless/li-po plane, so I'm no expert, but there is a TON of expert advice here...Ride on and Fly on bro':cool: