PDA

View Full Version : "Project Globetrotter"

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Son of Paleface
05-16-2007, 10:19 AM
I went down to the beach today to fly the W/D to try out a new prop on the outrunner , 8x6E APC. I went there to get some smooth air because it was blowing 10-15mph.....put in a 1700 x3s and put ONE rubber band around the front to "hold the batt in" :<.....Yeah , you know what's comming :red: ;-)
It leap into the air ROG in about 10ft :ws: and moved out quite well.........
I then proceded to "wring it out" , high speed low passes , rolls , loops , hammerheads , .....having such a good time......:ws: then tried some inverted , GREAT....having heaps fun......then tried some INVERTED LOOPS.....what was that ????....something departed the plane ::o ::o while it was inverted..........
I tried in vain to get control:red:......while the W/D spiraled down inverted , I made a mental note ......must do something about holding the batt in better :Q :red:
So drove around into the caravan park , there was the plane sitting on the lawn upside down about 10ft from the river bank ;-) not a thing wrong apart from the fin slightly out of alignment....STRUTH MATE how lucky can I get ??...so I thought what the heck , I might just happen to find the batt , yeah right........ So drove around over the bridge to the other side of the river , thinks NAAAH it went in the river...walks around the edge of the river , look ing look ing , NAAAH it must have gone in the river.......
Turns to walk back , WAIT WHATS THAT glinting in the sun , hehehe:Q:Q:Q
Batt is slightly bent on one corner , but still works fine........
The one with the car is the takeoff area , the other , is where the batt landed , 25ft from the water , over the other side ::o:tc:

stinkweed007
05-16-2007, 11:42 AM
I too had a similar battery mishap. I was whipping around my field and wanted to do a loop from an inverted start. I did an inverted dive then began to push upward, my batt came out of the fuselage and hung there for a second, I went to level off, still inverted but the little cheap connector I put on, didnt hold.. my batt landed on my field in soft dirt and my plane glided.. inverted to a near perfect landing.. just a small scratch on the tip of the tail fin..

I dont use the small compartment cover, for cooling reasons.. so.. Since that day, I put a thick (wide) rubberband around the fuselage so it obstructs the battery from flying out. never had the problem again.

Saucerguy2
05-16-2007, 01:00 PM
As expected, the more involved, the lower the individual shared shipping costs if I get your reasoning here.

This does conflict with you only wanting serious players on board, I'm reading the log from the other place on the similar project, 2/3 of the way though there are alot of repair issues, early on, almost nothing. This tells me that flight skills should be really held accountable, you should really be intermediate to expert to join in or it's going to face the same fate.

Kat
05-16-2007, 01:12 PM
I don't do aerobatics at least........... i have slo-v and 2 ch. experience.

stinkweed007
05-16-2007, 05:36 PM
Ok yall... I planned on reading a bit of the Tiger Moth (sorry for stating Tigermouth before) but I just kinda stopped at the first few posts of the "planning" thread.

It was originally supposed to be around-the-world but problems with doing that apparently turned the project into North America and Hawaii....

Thonobuc Jan 25, 2004, 02:56 PM (RCgroups)
"We are looking for pilots in all 50 states to give the Tiger Moth a 5 - 10 minute flight, take in-flight photos, and then autographing the Moth with EZONE username, date, and zip code. Then you would ship to the next pilot."

He/She called it a "World Tour" but only signed in the US, and when later asked if Canada could join, another user said that they want to try Canada, UK and Tasmania. and yes, I saw their much more international map browsing the images in the construction thread. I honestly believe from what I browsed today, after the completion of the US, interest kind of weakened. I chose to have the US run anchor on this relay because we Americans tend to be interested more in the "Here it comes.." than the "There it goes.." I have elected to have Marc/Admin end the NoAm leg.

Our plan from the start is to go round the globe.. Eventhough I am inspired by the caravan journey WG1 will make Downunder, I personally believe that the longest (time consuming) leg of this journey will be North America only because of the growing list of US/Can pilots. As long as we keep our eyes on the goal of getting around the globe, staying involved and moving WG1, we WILL achieve this goal.:ws:

Elfi Flyer
05-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Allow me to jump in here, as one of the World Tour Tiger Moth flyers. I was of the impression from the onset that the plane involved, a Pico Tiger Moth, was to be possibly sent to other countries, in addition to Canada. As the project progressed, the logistics of doing this with a plane as fragil as the Tiger Moth (in essentially stock form) became apparent. Also, there was a concern, which I share, that the plane could become permanently "lost" or "appropriated" once it was out of the North American theater and into other countries. Just arranging for the shipping, as well as preparing a suitable shipping container, would be a real challange. So, as I understand it, the term "World Tour" is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but the results obtained thus far with the project are truly amazing. Also, the dedication of so many people managing the project is outstanding. All of the World Tour Tiger Moth participants look forward to the day when "our little Moth" can rest comfortably at the AMA museum in Munci, IN.

I wish you folks the very best of luck and success with your Global project, possibly I can get involved with it also. For now, there is one very special little Tiger Moth about to fly in Alaska, then head on out to Hawaii. Here's a thought! Wouldn't it have been fantastic if the WTTM and Global Flight projects had started about the same time, and both planes caught up with each other at some specific location, to be flown together? Supposition at best, but a long range consideration for future coincidental projects.

stinkweed007
05-16-2007, 06:18 PM
EF,
Of course you can jump on and pilot WG1.... um... but where are you?

Elfi Flyer
05-17-2007, 03:45 AM
EF,
Of course you can jump on and pilot WG1.... um... but where are you?
Ich lebe in den Vereinigten Staaten. Mein Lieblingsmusterflugzeug ist der Elfi. Haben Sie entschieden, welches Flugzeug für das Projekt verwendet wird?

aviatordave
05-17-2007, 03:52 AM
Ich lebe in den Vereinigten Staaten. Mein Lieblingsmusterflugzeug ist der Elfi. Haben Sie entschieden, welches Flugzeug für das Projekt verwendet wird?

I live in the United States. My favorite pattern airplane is the Elfi. Did you decide, which airplane is used for the project?

Close?

smokejohnson
05-17-2007, 03:54 AM
Ich mooshta ein jager schnitzel und pomme frittes und ein gross bier bitta.

Elfi Flyer
05-17-2007, 04:02 AM
Close?
Ja, sehr gut, aber nicht "pattern" plane. The Elfi is one of the original park flyers and still a great flier.

Frank Voikel
05-17-2007, 06:05 AM
Hey- I might (read might) want to join in on this. As my little description thingy says, I'm still a beginner. However, if it'll be more than two months until it reaches Minnesota, I should be at an intermediate stage in my flying skills...
I would definitely be interested.

FYI I'm in Lake Elmo, Minnesota

Saucerguy2
05-17-2007, 06:11 AM
It takes more then two months to become an intermediate pilot, I'll let Stinky field this one further, it's his project afterall.

Frank Voikel
05-17-2007, 07:26 AM
True... How long will it be until it gets stateside?
I've already had experience previously, but I'm still a beginner.

Maybe I should alter my little description under my user name.

I dunno.

Saucerguy2
05-17-2007, 07:39 AM
Even though I feel beyond capable to handle that plane, there is still a little reluctance all participants face. Who want's to be the first one to crash or damage it, then again, who want's to be the one where it gets stuck in a tree or worse? Also, the longer it stays in tact, the more likely it's going to make it to all destinations in a flyable condition. I'm taking note from the TM log book, it started off fine, but it ended up pretty ratty in the end.

I'm taking it out on a very short, conservative flight and passing it along because I don't want to take any more risks then necessary for obvious reasons.

stinkweed007
05-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Aber Elfi... Du hast immer noch nich gesagt WO in USA? und Ja, es wird ein art vom Wing Dragon, kein kunstflugzeug.

Frankie,
go grab yourself a 3-4 ch plane and get some air time. I picked a pretty much beginner plane for this project so that skill level would not be a big issue. and Welcome Up!!

Son of Paleface
05-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Aber Elfi... Du hast immer noch nich gesagt WO in USA? und Ja, es wird ein art vom Wing Dragon, kein kunstflugzeug.

Frankie,
go grab yourself a 3-4 ch plane and get some air time. I picked a pretty much beginner plane for this project so that skill level would not be a big issue. and Welcome Up!!

Yeah Frank , or anyone else........ you could even do what I did and actually get one yourself ;-)

iMflyer
05-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Hello all,

I just discovered this thread since a few folks from the SS AP thread has the "Project Globetrotter" in their signature block... So, I just followed the link and here I am... This sounds like a lot of fun. How do I get on the list? I hope the list hasn't been closed. I live in Raleigh, NC... Thanks!

iMflyer

Slowjohn
05-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Howdy Everyone,
Well the time for WG-1 to literally take off is getting nearer and although I don't know what everyones idea of a ideal number of pilot's to have lined up before take off is, I for one was hoping for more responses from other countries. Maybe this will happen after it's underway. This is one heck of a neat thing you have done here stinkweed007 and I hope to one day be able to shake your hand and buy you a drink of your choice.

One thing I'm wondering about and it's not important really but it's something I can't get out of my head concerning the links in our signatures. Some of you may have noticed that I've changed mine a couple of times to reflect this. Once this thread is changed over to the posting of the many stops and flights of WG-1, what will everyone use in their signature lines then? I myself think the term "Participant" would be a good phrase to use to link to the flight thread. I guess I'm thinking we may all want to use the same phrase to link to the same thread after there are 2 threads or more related to this project.

Like I said it's not really all that important just one of those nagging thoughts that bug us all from time to time. I guess what I'm proposing is that we should use the same signature phrase/link for this thread and then a different phrase ("Participant" maybe or "Pilot") for the next stage/thread. Maybe it'll avoid some confusion or cross linking.

Heck, it may not even need to be considered. Just rambling because I couldn't sleep and didn't want to wake the wife and kids while working on a plane and trying to be quiet. Maybe I should go back to sleep. Naw, so many planes to be built yet. :ws:

Standing By,
SJ

OOPS, woke the wife up anyway ::o

Slowjohn
05-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Hello all,

I just discovered this thread since a few folks from the SS AP thread has the "Project Globetrotter" in their signature block... So, I just followed the link and here I am... This sounds like a lot of fun. How do I get on the list? I hope the list hasn't been closed. I live in Raleigh, NC... Thanks!

iMflyer

Howdy iMflyer,

Welcome,you just got on it. All you had to do was ask.

Standing By,
SJ

Son of Paleface
05-17-2007, 02:15 PM
AAAAAAH..........SJ , no offence intended , I might be out of line here , but I think you'd better let Stinkweed welcome new people and invite them to fly , after all its his idea.... Ian

Slowjohn
05-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Hi SoP,
I thought about that just a few moments after I did that. I even considered deleting the post but decided that if I got called on it then I'd deserve it. I'll blame it on my morning dose of pain meds if I can :red:. However in my defense, I'm not the first to do so and probably won't be the last but your probably right so I won't do it again. Deal? Now I'll go back to my corner and behave :)

Standing By,
SJ

Slowjohn
05-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Is my "Time-Out" over yet? :Q
I got a Cub to finish for it's maiden this morning I hope.

Standing By,
SJ

Weather Update;
I just checked the hourly forecast and it's not going to maiden today. The winds are just too high for the maiden of a new plane and radio also. Doesn't look like it'll be for several days now :{.

SJ

iMflyer
05-17-2007, 03:01 PM
No worries... I'll just wait to hear from Stinkweed... If the list of participants/pilots has been closed, no problem. I'll just wait on the next project if there will be one. Anyways, good luck to all and have fun with this exciting AP flying adventure...

iMflyer

AAAAAAH..........SJ , no offence intended , I might be out of line here , but I think you'd better let Stinkweed welcome new people and invite them to fly , after all its his idea.... Ian

Slowjohn
05-17-2007, 03:36 PM
I haven't seen where the sign up list has been closed yet so...:).

Standing By,
SJ

stinkweed007
05-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Well guys.. No harm no foul:ws:

More than half of the pilots on the current list were invited by pilots other than me. Yes, in technical terms, I give the "Final Answer" but Im noticing a certian pride in the project being developed, and I am just blown away.

iMFlyer, Welcome to the large list if East Coaster's. sooner or later the East Coast pilots will just be walking WG1 down the street to the next pilot..;-)

The Pilot list will NEVER be closed, even when WG1 is under way. However, as I stated before, some pilots who join after the WG1 maiden "MIGHT" be denied if the Eastward route is to far past them. ie when we are on the NoAm phase, we really can't send WG1 back Downunder.:<

and yes SloJo.. you can come out of the corner now...:ws:

Slowjohn
05-17-2007, 03:57 PM
... I snuck out when he wasn't looking :Q.
I've been Pardoned :ws:.

Carry On &
Standing By,
SJ

stinkweed007
05-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Look Out!! Theres A Slow Moving Madman Loose In Texas

Slowjohn
05-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Yup, Shor Nuf :Q
Fun-n-Flyin in the Sun. Gotta go AP the beach :tc: if I can ever finish up this Cub and the wind'll drop some.

Standing By,
SJ

stinkweed007
05-17-2007, 08:46 PM
SloJo, ya know.. its been proven that wet glue makes good weather, but once the glue dries.. then the wind and clouds come back...

Slowjohn
05-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Hey SW,
I believe you man, I believe you big time.

Standing By,
SJ

crxmanpat
05-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Ich mooshta ein jager schnitzel und pomme frittes und ein gross bier bitta.
"mooshta"?!? :p And even though I speak German somewhat fluently, it still took me a minute to get that you meant "möchte". :D

Mmmm, Jägerschnitzel und Pomme Frittes (und ein Bier auch!). Man, you're making me hungry!

crxmanpat
05-17-2007, 09:46 PM
One thing I'm wondering about and it's not important really but it's something I can't get out of my head concerning the links in our signatures. Some of you may have noticed that I've changed mine a couple of times to reflect this. Once this thread is changed over to the posting of the many stops and flights of WG-1, what will everyone use in their signature lines then? I myself think the term "Participant" would be a good phrase to use to link to the flight thread. I guess I'm thinking we may all want to use the same phrase to link to the same thread after there are 2 threads or more related to this project.How about the way mine is? And once the new thread goes up, we can all change our sigs to link to that instead.

Slowjohn
05-17-2007, 10:10 PM
Well #2 son called earlier about the time the wife and I were headed out of town after I escaped my corner :Q to go to the LHS that's only 90 miles away. Uh that's the second closest LHS to me but he sounded hurt and wanted his mama so I said we'd wait and go another time.
He just started work this week at a Fish Farm and today they had to harvest 15,000 lbs. of Cat Fish. He was in the water doing whatever his job is and a rather large size Cat Fish for the pond anyway finned him right above the knee cap. X-rays showed it went in at an angle behind the knee cap about 1 1/2". I haven't seen tears in that man's eyes since he was 10 years old 12 years ago. Luckily there wasn't any spike tip in the wound but man that hurt I know.

So between the wind, the kids and my self imposed "time out" ;-) I didn't get to go play today. Dang it and the wife didn't even want to go shopping anywhere else while we was going to be out of town. I've been finned pretty hard while I was working Shrimp boats years ago and have even had deckhands pass out on my boat from getting hit with a hardhead catfish in the hands or arms but to get it like he did then drive home 15 miles or so... Dang. OUCH X 15,000. Almost makes me ill thinking about it.

Okay to keep on topic here, there never seems to be an end to the things that can happen to interfere with our sport/hobby so lets be careful out there when we're flying WG1. Any of our planes really but WG1 is going to be in the spotlight so... I have talked to the local weekly newspaper here and they told me that when WG1 gets here to let them know and they'll do a piece/story on it. Perhaps some other newspapers or TV stations will be willing to do the same for some of ya'll. Won't hurt to ask 'em.

Standing By,
SJ

Slowjohn
05-17-2007, 10:26 PM
How about the way mine is? And once the new thread goes up, we can all change our sigs to link to that instead.

Howdy Pat,
Like I said it's just a nagging thought but I like how you put that so may I copy it?

I think the phrase "WG1 Pilot" might could be considered for a "Badge" of sorts as we get our chances at flying this hopefully historic RC aircraft. Something that'll designate all the participants/pilots involved in "Project Globetrotter". Something to think about anyway.

Standing By,
SJ

Son of Paleface
05-17-2007, 10:46 PM
[quote=Slowjohn;197370]... I snuck out when he wasn't looking :Q.
I've been Pardoned :ws:.

"Pardoned" by King Stinky Yo-all ;-) :Q :Q

Son of Paleface
05-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Yeah the Tiger world tour had T shirts , Badges are a lot easier to post , also Stickers are good to put on your plane or car :tc: and post easy :)

crxmanpat
05-17-2007, 10:56 PM
SJ,

Copy away my friend! :D

Slowjohn
05-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Yeah the Tiger world tour had T shirts , Badges are a lot easier to post , also Stickers are good to put on your plane or car :tc: and post easy :)

I agree SoP,
Stickers and/or badges would be nice or a icon added to our signatures even. Stickers and badges could be done but I have no idea who to talk to about making any such item. How about you SoP? Anyone? Should we? Anybody else? What do you think King Stinkweed ;-) ?

Standing By,
SJ,
.................................................. ..............................
Quote;

Copy away my friend! :D
<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________
Pat Gagnon
President - Arizona WingNutz (http://www.azwingnutz.org/)
AMA 857469

Project Globetrotter (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19141) Participant - MORE PILOTS NEEDED! Click on the link to find out more!

Fly what you like, like what you fly! :D

Thanks Pat,
I'll be adding that to my signature

Standing By,
SJ

Son of Paleface
05-18-2007, 12:09 AM
Perhaps , the owners of RCU would like to contribute to the promotion of this event (Wattflyer is a sub division of R/C Universe) I think

Slowjohn
05-18-2007, 12:45 AM
I do believe your right SoP But, I think the idea is for the WattFlyer "members" to post there and other forums to help spread the word. Also by RCU being a (shall I say) sister publication/forum they should be as aware as any about "Project Globetrotter" or at least I would hope they are. However I haven't really noticed very many stating that they've heard of this on other forums. Hmmm...

...I don't know why I haven't done it already but I'm going to jump over to those other forums that I frequent a lot less than WattFlyer and change my signature there as well. Maybe try to find something to post about and get some more exposure to this here "Historic Attempt". Tomorrow I'm going to call the "local" TV station that's 60 miles away and see if maybe they'll do a piece on WG-1 when I get it down here. I'm sure that sounds funny to you since your "Down Under" :Q:Q:Q... Okay, so maybe it's not that funny but...

Standing By,
SJ

Kat
05-18-2007, 01:07 AM
Sounds good, I will try the news thing too.

Son of Paleface
05-18-2007, 01:59 AM
I do believe your right SoP But, I think the idea is for the WattFlyer "members" to post there and other forums to help spread the word. Also by RCU being a (shall I say) sister publication/forum they should be as aware as any about "Project Globetrotter" or at least I would hope they are. However I haven't really noticed very many stating that they've heard of this on other forums. Hmmm...

...I don't know why I haven't done it already but I'm going to jump over to those other forums that I frequent a lot less than WattFlyer and change my signature there as well. Maybe try to find something to post about and get some more exposure to this here "Historic Attempt". Tomorrow I'm going to call the "local" TV station that's 60 miles away and see if maybe they'll do a piece on WG-1 when I get it down here. I'm sure that sounds funny to you since your "Down Under" :Q:Q:Q... Okay, so maybe it's not that funny but...

Standing By,
SJ

OK this might give new meaning to 'DOWN UNDER'

stinkweed007
05-18-2007, 02:05 AM
WOW... that kind of made me dizzy at first

Spencer J
05-18-2007, 02:10 AM
So whats the status on the airplane?

Slowjohn
05-18-2007, 02:35 AM
SoP,
That was something else ::o. I'd like to get that in a poster size for the wall and one to send to some of the goofy teachers our girls have in their school.

I haven't been able to get a active link to work on my RCU signature. Then I noticed that all of the other links to even a members website aren't active on their post either ?? Maybe some will be curious enough to type in the URL and get it.
I also noticed the signature line on stinkweeds last post. Hmmm?

Standing By,
SJ

Son of Paleface
05-18-2007, 02:40 AM
Yeah SJ......... maybe 'Stinky' you could make it FLASH as well :Q :Q

Slowjohn
05-18-2007, 02:52 AM
Yeah SJ......... maybe 'Stinky' you could make it FLASH as well :Q :Q

That'll work.

SJ

Spencer J
05-18-2007, 07:15 AM
Do we have a plane yet?

Thanks,
SJ ;)

stinkweed007
05-18-2007, 08:23 AM
WG1 has been ordered and will arrive at my house next week. again, Maiden date is 1 June. I worked on a few little "badge" ideas last night, uniform in look but region specific.

it does not appear that the "insert image" button exists on the signature editor. that would have been the easiest, so I guess you could change your avatars. I will talk to Marc and the mods today to see about images or icons in the signature block. maybe I can come up with a little .gif icon like the :< :tc: :Q :red: :roll: :blah: :ws: icons

Kat
05-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Sweet! coming along nicely, can't wait to fly it.

Saucerguy2
05-18-2007, 02:25 PM
EH, do you want to ship replacement parts for WG1? I think that's something we all would like to have on hand should a repair be in order.

stinkweed007
05-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Repair was one of the key factors in aircraft selection. WG1 repair parts are quite inexpensive should be availible in nearly every larger hobby store. I also thought of having a reserve set of parts here to send off, but most times the shipping will cost more than the parts themselves. I believe it would be best to leave the parts up to the pilot, if they get in a snag, we can get someone from that area to give them a hand.

Mike Parsons
05-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Repair was one of the key factors in aircraft selection. WG1 repair parts are quite inexpensive should be availible in nearly every larger hobby store. I also thought of having a reserve set of parts here to send off, but most times the shipping will cost more than the parts themselves. I believe it would be best to leave the parts up to the pilot, if they get in a snag, we can get someone from that area to give them a hand.
I agree.

Rabbitcreekok
05-18-2007, 03:19 PM
To reduce the need for repair parts, I would suggest a preflight check list, laminated in plastic.

Since we are going to use our own transmitters and receivers, it should include checks to determine if they are installed correctly, since some folks may not be familiar with that process. Also the servo leads should be marked so it is easy to plug the correct servo into the correct location on the receiver.

Just my .02 cents worth.

Grasshopper
05-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Hopefully everyone will check that the control surfaces are moving in the correct direction and range check it too.

stinkweed007
05-18-2007, 06:40 PM
For the older military, these checks will not include the gravity check...

Son of Paleface
05-18-2007, 09:49 PM
From what in read in the Tigermoth tour , a good part of the damage was during shipping by the rock ape's in certain areas , so the package is going to have to be very strong

Son of Paleface
05-18-2007, 09:54 PM
WOW... that kind of made me dizzy at first

IN SPACE , THERE IS NO UP OR DOWN ;-) :Q :Q

Saucerguy2
05-19-2007, 12:31 AM
From what in read in the Tigermoth tour , a good part of the damage was during shipping by the rock ape's in certain areas , so the package is going to have to be very strong

I ship out stuff several times a week without having anything damaged, there are certain procedures I follow to insure it arrives in tact. Mainly it's the use of tight fitting eps foam and insuring nothing is floating around by using alot of packing tape for what's in side as well as the box itself.

Son of Paleface
05-19-2007, 12:36 AM
I ship out stuff several times a week without having anything damaged, there are certain procedures I follow to insure it arrives in tact. Mainly it's the use of tight fitting eps foam and insuring nothing is floating around by using alot of packing tape for what's in side as well as the box itself.

Yeah , but your stuff only makes ONE TRIP

Saucerguy2
05-19-2007, 01:00 AM
Well, it's a track record thing, I'm shipping much of the same items consistantly and nothing ever breaks upon delivery, I can't say the same for what I have received in the past "especially including ARFS's". I also crate up and ship out sizable items, some weighing in at 900+ lbs and take the same procedures from those towards the smaller packages. Alot of it is common sense when it comes down to it, I think it would be a good idea to overkill the packaging regardless.

aviatordave
05-19-2007, 01:08 AM
Agree. The shipping container is as important as the pilots. Did you guys look at the tigermoth thread and see their crate? It looked quite robust :)

airmail wf
05-19-2007, 01:12 AM
Count me in for the Pittsburgh leg.:ws: Might even get a Steeler sticker.

Son of Paleface
05-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Well, it's a track record thing, I'm shipping much of the same items consistantly and nothing ever breaks upon delivery, I can't say the same for what I have received in the past "especially including ARFS's". I also crate up and ship out sizable items, some weighing in at 900+ lbs and take the same procedures from those towards the smaller packages. Alot of it is common sense when it comes down to it, I think it would be a good idea to overkill the packaging regardless.

Just take the time and read the threads :roll:

max2112
05-19-2007, 11:24 AM
For the older military, these checks will not include the gravity check...

Stinkweed,

But that's the best way to un-stick those pesky relays!::o
Good one.

stinkweed007
05-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Dave, robust is their box sure... but a wooden box would be quite heavy fo this project..

I am putting together a sturdy box of shaped foam and good cardboard. all the parts will have their locked in place. shipping damage Should be minimal as long as the pilots put it back in the box right.

Airmail wf, Welcome aboard.. you have another pilot right in your area!!! Gotta be careful on that Steelers part though.. NO commercial involvement..

Max, but the foam wont like that too much

airmail wf
05-19-2007, 03:44 PM
:D Hi stink, How do I get that link to the project like everyone else???

Who is the other guy in my area? I'm sure we can hook up and fly.
OK no Steeler's stuff. :sad:

This looks like a grand project:D Glad to be a part of it.:ws:

Tinman
05-19-2007, 03:59 PM
:D Hi stink, How do I get that link to the project like everyone else???

Who is the other guy in my area? I'm sure we can hook up and fly.
OK no Steeler's stuff. :sad:

This goods like a grand project:D Glad to be a part of it.:ws:

Haha im the other guy in your area!
We should hook up and fly together.

For the link on your signature...

First of all go to the globetrotter thread, and copy the URL (address) high light it and then right click and copy it.

then on the top of any screen go to QUICK LINKS, then click EDIT SIGNATURE.

right click and select paste. (the URL should appear on the screen.

Just high light it with your mouse and then you can type what ever you want in its place. Such as Globe Trotter Participant.

Let me know if it works if not I can explain better.

JediFlyer
05-19-2007, 05:56 PM
As I have stated before...and I need to read thru the posts because I am quite a few pages behind...I am willing to provide a website FOR FREE for the project including hosting. You can put the log onto the website that way if you wanted...Just a suggestion...

aviatordave
05-19-2007, 06:13 PM
^
^
^
^
Good Idea, that way the information stays current instead of getting buried.

JediFlyer
05-19-2007, 07:38 PM
I think someone is working on a logo, if so send it to me and I can put something together with a map, etc...can even add its own Discussion Board if need be.

If someone does in fact have a logo I will offer to get a t-shirt together and offer it thru someplace where you can pay cost...no profit of course. Maybe have the logo and all of the names and places it went to.

As far as the journal we can have them enter it on the site and then print out the page and place it in the book or something...

Just some suggestions...thats all

stinkweed007
05-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Airmail wf, your local Watthead is Tinman if Im not mistaken... write him a note and see how wide ya'll are from another ;p

Jedi, I am seriously considering your web hosting idea, but I wish to remain loyal to the Forum idea for now since this is based here. I will start a new mission thread on the 1st of June when I maiden WG1. however, once the project is complete, and if your offer still stands, we can make a complete site about the journey of WG1... pictures, logs, ups n downs, because when we land in Guinness, and possibly in the AMA museum, the site will cover the acheivement. but the active and ongoing should probobly stay here at WF since we ALL know how to update, post and edit our steps. we'll talk about that in private, I hope you agree!!!

JediFlyer
05-19-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm here for ya if you need it and the offer is open to you....just give me a shout if you need it.

airmail wf
05-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Haha im the other guy in your area!
We should hook up and fly together.

For the link on your signature...

First of all go to the globetrotter thread, and copy the URL (address) high light it and then right click and copy it.

then on the top of any screen go to QUICK LINKS, then click EDIT SIGNATURE.

right click and select paste. (the URL should appear on the screen.

Just high light it with your mouse and then you can type what ever you want in its place. Such as Globe Trotter Participant.

Let me know if it works if not I can explain better.

Brian sounds like a plan.:tc: Thanks for the info on the link. Worked great.:ws:

Tinman
05-20-2007, 01:34 AM
Your welcome!

Saucerguy2
05-20-2007, 02:04 AM
A simpler way of doing the link is simply to copy the link itself in it's final text form, such as from mine as I did from Stink's and paste it into your signature, no extra programming required.

Slowjohn
05-20-2007, 02:59 AM
How many ways is there to skin a cat :ws:?
SJ

Grasshopper
05-20-2007, 03:48 AM
Why is it I can't rename the link? I can copy the link and paste it but when I try to rename it, it just gives it the new name and it's not a link any more. I also tried to do it like Saucerguy stated and it still won't work.

Technically challenged in Missouri.

Saucerguy2
05-20-2007, 03:51 AM
Just as with posting in the threads, here is another way of doing it. Type in the text you want to say, ie. Project Globetrotter, highlight it, then click the link icon, it will have a pop up window prompting you for the URL of what you want the text linked to. That's another way of doing it.

Grasshopper
05-20-2007, 03:57 AM
Thanks Saucerguy. That seems to have worked.

Son of Paleface
05-20-2007, 10:05 PM
Hellllloooooo , Stinky....Whats happening ?? got the plane yet ??

stinkweed007
05-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Working right now on routes. Plane plane should be here around friday. I will post my proposed routes in a few hours.. by comparrison.. the plane is the easy part.. but I got a fresh pack of smokes and some ice cold fruit juice.. so Im rollin now..!

Grasshopper
05-20-2007, 10:29 PM
When did they put hops and barley in the fruit category?:silly:

Saucerguy2
05-21-2007, 01:35 AM
The two things I miss the most when I was stationed in Germany, the Camel cigarettes, the German imported blend has something different in it that really brings out the proprietary camel flavoring. And most importantly, the beer, especially the hefeveisen, I've yet to find anything remotely similar to it in the states. You haven't tasted beer until you have had authentic German hefeveisen.

I also got a good laugh out of giving the new guys a german beer boot glass, watching it splash all over their face was a riot.

max2112
05-21-2007, 07:36 AM
The two things I miss the most when I was stationed in Germany, the Camel cigarettes, the German imported blend has something different in it that really brings out the proprietary camel flavoring. And most importantly, the beer, especially the hefeveisen, I've yet to find anything remotely similar to it in the states. You haven't tasted beer until you have had authentic German hefeveisen.

I also got a good laugh out of giving the new guys a german beer boot glass, watching it splash all over their face was a riot.

Saucerguy, This one's for YOU!

stinkweed007
05-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Well, I am a Kristal Weissen fan myself... however I only have a beer or two when Im at a party or just need to unwind. Something most makes of German beer is good for. I wasnt to much of a beer fan until I got to Germany, here it's made for taste and not just for the content. in the states, except for in specialty shops, the only Kristall Weissen I have found in Tucher Weissen. if you are custom to Lager (Bud) or Pils (heiniken) try a Kristall Weissen, ice cold with a slice of lemon in the glass. mmmmmmm.

Chief has a Hell (light colored) Hefe Weissen which is the unfiltered version with the brewing yeast still in it.. a thicker but still tasty bier!!

http://www.schneider-weisse.de/img/brauerei.spezialitaeten.produktpalette.01.jpg

Son of Paleface
05-21-2007, 10:07 AM
A slice of "lemon" in the glass :eek: ::o :sad: You guys havent had decent beer till youve had AUSSIE BEER , none of that swill , coloured water that you drink :Q ;-)

stinkweed007
05-21-2007, 11:37 AM
Well, having never had the pleasure of drinking downunder.. I cant say.. who's is better. but U.S. vs Germany.. Germany... hands down...

Son of Paleface
05-21-2007, 11:51 AM
We have a German festival here every year called The Schuetzenfest , where there is Shooting (air rifles) the main event , Dancing (German style) eating German traditional food , and of course LOTS of German beer , side shows , stalls ect ect , so while I havent been for a few years , I have drunk plenty of different beer (BurP) :blah: ::o :Q

stinkweed007
05-21-2007, 01:05 PM
well, Oktoberfest... IN Munich... need I say more? the only taste I have had from Australian beer is Fosters.. but that's an export beer.. exports tend not to be the best representation of a country's beer.

Kat
05-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Stay on topic maybe?

Son of Paleface
05-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Stay on topic maybe?

WE are , and the topic at the moment is beer :)

Saucerguy2
05-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Stay on topic maybe?

Now we are planning upon getting Stink to send along beers to the package with the plane, he he :) Let us converse in this area, we'll have slower, but happier pilots in this event.

stinkweed007
05-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Stay on topic maybe?

We are... um.. discussing the many traditional.. um recreational habbits in the area of consumption with regards to the different hemispheres of our planet.. for cultural reasons which is extreemly important for the psychological health of WG1's journey.

Max started it anyway..:Q

Tinman
05-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Well said Stink!

Son of Paleface
05-21-2007, 02:17 PM
I'll third that hic ;-) :Q

stinkweed007
05-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Well said Stink!

Well, Thank you Tinman.. (pfsssk) Have a beer...:silly:

SOP... who you callin a Hic?!?

Son of Paleface
05-21-2007, 02:22 PM
I think youd rather be a hic than a burp ::o :Q

Saucerguy2
05-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Two Black Mosses all around, "German equivelent to the long island ice tea except 10 times more potent and equally non menacing to the pallet". Will send another to Kat just to include in this round. Cheers to all !!!

Kat
05-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Two black mosses all around, "german equivelent to the long island ice tea except 10 timesmore potent and equally non menacing to the pallet. Will send another to Kat just to include in this round. Cheers to all !!! What do ya mean by that?

aviatordave
05-21-2007, 03:44 PM
What do ya mean by that?

when you get old enough...have a beer and relax :)

Tinman
05-21-2007, 03:49 PM
If it wasn't for beer we would of never entered the space age. Read the book "the Right Stuff" good read :)

Grasshopper
05-21-2007, 04:52 PM
I thought beer was one of the major food groups? It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Tinman
05-21-2007, 05:25 PM
If you drink one 12 ounce beer you get one serving of grain!

Son of Paleface
05-21-2007, 11:12 PM
::o If you drink one 12 ounce beer you get one serving of grain!

And ALL the health eggsperts will tell ya to get more fiber ::o ::o :)

Tinman
05-21-2007, 11:17 PM
Does anyone have a link to the airplane that we will be flying?

Son of Paleface
05-21-2007, 11:25 PM
wot plane ??

Tinman
05-21-2007, 11:37 PM
The Globetrotter plane that Stink is getting...

Son of Paleface
05-21-2007, 11:39 PM
Oooooh...................THAT one :Q :Q

Don Sims
05-21-2007, 11:53 PM
Beer, one of three things that men need for long and happy lives.... Beer, broads, planes.

What else is there for happiness???

Spencer J
05-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Girls you love!!!!!!!!!!

Spencer J
05-22-2007, 12:15 AM
I'd say the top 5 things men need are
1. Something to do
2. Beer
3. Girls
4. Beer
5. The Internet (If #3 doesn't apply)

(Joke)

Son of Paleface
05-22-2007, 12:45 AM
Especially the internet , so some can GET IN some FREE advertising:blah:

crxmanpat
05-22-2007, 12:53 AM
Well, to kinda get this thread back on track, I have several mates in my club that are also WF members; Turbojoe, h8tobu, and bsoder. I'm sure we'll all give WG1 a go on the same weekend so as to log more pilot names in the book.

BTW, give me a Weissen anyday! Had a Coors Light Friday night, yuck! :blah: Let's just say I'm no longer a big beer drinker.

Son of Paleface
05-22-2007, 01:06 AM
Thats one of the 'coloured water' ones , I wuz talkin about :blah: ::o ;-)

Rabbitcreekok
05-22-2007, 01:07 AM
Does anyone have a link to the airplane that we will be flying?

Brian, I believe this is the Wing Dragon (http://www.hobby-lobby.com/wingdragon.htm) that will be making the Globetrotter trip.

Stink can correct me if I am wrong.

Son of Paleface
05-22-2007, 01:14 AM
OK ok , I promise not to mention b.... again
Shouldnt be long till Stinky does the Maiden ....Im making the camera mount for mine/it today.....will post piccies of the build

Saucerguy2
05-22-2007, 02:12 AM
What do ya mean by that?

I was including you in the toast, I didn't want you to feel left out.

For the record, there are 3 types of hefeveisen, there is the filtered variety, ie. Khristalveisen, a dark style, dunkelveisen and the unfiltered with all of it's sediment in tact. It was actually developed by the monks so when they fasted, they'd have something to drink that gave them additional nourishment.

The Black Moss is one of those drinks, just as the Long Island Iced Tea, where you don't notice it's potency until it's too late, it's typically served in a rather large glass. On that tangent, true, traditional Octoberfest beer glasses are humungas.

Kat
05-22-2007, 03:02 AM
Yea, Oh well. I am never going to drink because I lost 3 relatives in a drunk driving crash. ( personal preference)

Rabbitcreekok
05-22-2007, 05:26 AM
Yea, Oh well. I am never going to drink because I lost 3 relatives in a drunk driving crash. ( personal preference)

That is a great personal choice, Kat. Hang in there and stick with your choice.

airmail wf
05-22-2007, 05:30 AM
Kat, I feel for you man. I lost my best friend 6 years ago to a low life drunk driver. I'll never get over it. I don't think anyone here is promoting anything but responsible drinking. Having a couple of beers is very different then being a drunk. The responsible drinker is not the problem. I enjoy a good beer or two after a good work-out but I will never get drunk and get behind the wheel of a car, ever. That is why there are designated drivers. It wasn't the beer that took the life of your relatives. It was the person who got behind the wheel that did.

aviatordave
05-22-2007, 05:35 AM
OK ok , I promise not to mention b.... again
Shouldnt be long till Stinky does the Maiden ....Im making the camera mount for mine/it today.....will post piccies of the build

SOP,

How heavy is your camera? I got a 4 oz pentax optio...will that work with this bird? Let me know what your mount looks like..or maybe send it along and I will use it :)

Son of Paleface
05-22-2007, 11:52 AM
SOP,

How heavy is your camera? I got a 4 oz pentax optio...will that work with this bird? Let me know what your mount looks like..or maybe send it along and I will use it :)

I will be posting piccy's of the mount , and yes it will work with that camera , in fact I have a few cameras that I will be trying , it will point the camera out and down a bit so the left wing wont be in shot , should have it finished 2morrow , its very basic and easy to make/repaire and I will put it in the box , it's just a piece of coreflute (folded) and ply and held on , and together with tye wraps....the ply camera piece/mount is easy to duplicate , to suit most cameras........
The big question is will the stock plane haul the freight , This is the main reason I got one , (plane) to experiment with .....
I usually start with a "dummy" , a block of wood the size of the cam and weighted to match......watch this space;-)

crxmanpat
05-22-2007, 08:51 PM
One of my clubmates does AP with his Slow Stick. I'll bet we can get some good air-to-air footage as well.

Tinman
05-22-2007, 11:52 PM
Air to Air video! That will be awesome!

Son of Paleface
05-23-2007, 12:01 AM
One of my clubmates does AP with his Slow Stick. I'll bet we can get some good air-to-air footage as well.

Thats going to be a challenge ::o one thing that comes to mind is the wing dragon flys a lot faster than the S/Stick and has totally different flying caracteristics , of course you can fly the W/D slower ......;-)
Rotsa ruck

tz250w
05-23-2007, 12:43 AM
Kinda tough finding updates on the event with all the rambling going on here...

Spencer J
05-23-2007, 12:50 AM
ditto on that one max

Here is what could be a rough outline of the steps......

1. Get as many pilots as possible (With some experience)
2. Create route map
3. Buy plane
4. Send along
5. When pilots request to join while plane is still going, add them in the route's "path"

I think that this plane should never stop circling the globe. I would think with 50 pilots (Reference number, this is not how many pilots we will/should need....) it would takea good 8-14 months to do one circle. Anyone willing to pay $14 US shipping to the next guy (Or a group of guys sending to another country) gets the plane for a few days.....

Tinman
05-23-2007, 12:52 AM
Kinda tough finding updates on the event with all the rambling going on here...

Stink said he is going to start a new thread on June 1st... :) That one woll probably be all the info.

Spencer J
05-23-2007, 12:55 AM
Can stink privately moderate a thread, like the blogs on rcg?

Tinman
05-23-2007, 01:00 AM
I dont know but that would be cool if he can. hehe if he can't he'll just have to make us all be quiet I guess.....

:D

crxmanpat
05-23-2007, 01:01 AM
Thats going to be a challenge ::o one thing that comes to mind is the wing dragon flys a lot faster than the S/Stick and has totally different flying caracteristics , of course you can fly the W/D slower ......;-)
Rotsa ruck
Not that much of a challenge. His SS is fast (even with a camera on board), and you're correct, we can fly the WG slower. Plus he has lots of experience with video AP, and several times has "chased" other planes in flight. Should be no problem getting at least some air-to-air footage.

Tinman
05-23-2007, 01:02 AM
Slow Sticks can get going pretty darn fast. I have a little brushless motor on mine and the thing will go..... jut have to make sure I don't rip the wing off :(

Spencer J
05-23-2007, 01:07 AM
With my camera on my slow stick, the wings flutter in a dive when high up (Cannot see AOA)

They don't go that fast, just straight up :D Why else are they called 'slow sticks'? I bought a replacment airframe since my third one + $400 camera went in a tree somewhere. GWS updated the instructions, and Lithium batteries are now standard :eek: interesting...

tz250w
05-23-2007, 01:18 AM
Stink said he is going to start a new thread on June 1st... :) That one woll probably be all the info.

Then I think I'll check back around then and unsubscribe to this thread. With every new reply notification email I get, there are a couple pages of off topic chit chat to filter through.

Son of Paleface
05-23-2007, 02:50 AM
Not that much of a challenge. His SS is fast (even with a camera on board), and you're correct, we can fly the WG slower. Plus he has lots of experience with video AP, and several times has "chased" other planes in flight. Should be no problem getting at least some air-to-air footage.

That'll be great , Im looking forward to see it ;-)

Son of Paleface
05-23-2007, 02:57 AM
Then I think I'll check back around then and unsubscribe to this thread. With every new reply notification email I get, there are a couple pages of off topic chit chat to filter through.

We are just passing the time and having some FUN waiting for the Project to begin............:Q

Its hard to please ALL the people ALL the time :)

smokejohnson
05-23-2007, 03:06 AM
Been a minute since I've posted I just wanted to let it be known I follow along everyday and I'm on board 100%. :ws:

P.S. I LOVE BEER!!!!:Q

Spencer J
05-23-2007, 03:56 AM
lol!

Tinman
05-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Been a minute since I've posted I just wanted to let it be known I follow along everyday and I'm on board 100%. :ws:

P.S. I LOVE BEER!!!!:Q

DITTO!

Yeah we are just passing the time. Maybe we can use this thread as the BS thread and use the one Stink will start as the official info thingy thread :)

stinkweed007
05-23-2007, 01:41 PM
I dont believe in hard work without play.. clocks tickin though.. I am making a detailed map as we speak.. its easy to get lost with a bunch of little red dots..

P.S. I LOVE BEER TOO. (but to drink.. not to drunk) Bravo Kat..!

Tinman
05-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Lots of dots on the East Coast of the USA hu? hehe :)

stinkweed007
05-23-2007, 01:46 PM
like I said.. ya'll are gonna be able to walk that thing down tornado alley and up the coast..

Saucerguy2
05-23-2007, 02:42 PM
The bulk of what the plane is made up of expense wise came from China, where is our Chinese participant? Correct me if I'm wrong in that area people, as I recall Stink did mention Asia before.

Rabbitcreekok
05-23-2007, 03:32 PM
I don't think many folks in China have access to the Internet. Something about the everyday person in China finding out about the rest of the world and how great it is away from China.

And then there is that problem of buying a computer on $2.00 a day.

Slowjohn
05-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Sometimes we all forget just how "Good" we have it. The freedoms most of us are able to experience due to the Ultimate Sacrificies of so many to insure that it's so.

Memorial Day is Monday and since we're able to read this and participate in this Global event, we should all remember to be sure and Thank a Vet and pay our respects to those who have protected those freedoms for us all.

So from me to all of those serving our country, for all of those who have served with honor and to those who gave their all;
Thanks for the Freedom!

Carry On,
Slowjohn

stinkweed007
05-23-2007, 06:02 PM
The bell of freedom has a different melody to those who protect it.

OK,

I know I've been working on this for a few days.. Things have been quite hectic here..

I need to know what travel deals have been made.. ie Joe drives WG1 to Fred.. ect. Please be to the point using usernames so I dont have to go through all 15 pages yet again to find who Bart is..

Here are the pin maps..

This is the last week before WG1's Maiden and the Route is the last to sort out. the country to country routes pretty much speak for themselves. but the IN country routes ( Australia and USA ) are what needs to be finalized. please dont fill me up with "well you could send..." we need to hit the facts now.. Who has deals, or trips planned. use this map to find your nearest Watthead and see if you want to work something out.

I would like to hear it all before friday. so I can work it out over the weekend in time for the maiden. if you are planning a multi pilot Indiana Jones (SOP), then let me know ALL who are in the trip.

Almost there, only the fine print...

oh.. Hopper and Aviator dave.. I dont have your city's that is why your pins are in the middle of the state.

Grasshopper
05-23-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm in Joplin down in the southwest corner of Missouri. I'm more than happy to drive over to Tulsa and pick it up from smoke then ship it up to Dave in (yawn) Iowa if it's coming up through Texas to OK. If not, I can get it shipped from Dave and then drive it over to Tulsa if it's going that way. What ever works for the rest of you in the midwest.

stinkweed007
05-23-2007, 07:48 PM
WG1 logo idea... Wattflyer symbol, Earth zodiac symbol, Roman #1

Mike Parsons
05-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Purdy :)

Don Sims
05-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Very cool logo SW!

English Electric
05-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Looking forward to this.

Thought I'd make a noise to show I'm watching, as I'm new round here.

Got a few ideas in mind for photos etc when it comes my way :)

Paul.

stinkweed007
05-23-2007, 08:12 PM
EE, I noticed today that your 'pin' was also misplaced on previous maps, I put you in France for some reason. sorry bout that..

Rabbitcreekok
05-23-2007, 08:50 PM
I will go either way with WG1. I will get with Smoke in Tulsa, depending on which way it is going. If it is going south to balil, I will deliver it to him in Tyler.

Just tell me where to go............?? :< :)

Tinman
05-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Holy Moly Stink, your name went bold! Congrats Moderator Stink!

stinkweed007
05-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks Tinman.. I just have to make sure I do justice to the title.:<

aviatordave
05-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Once he goes more public with the thread, chances are more will jump on the bandwagon and hopefully the shipping portion will not be so far between some of us.

Nice logo Mr. Moderator :)

stinkweed007
05-23-2007, 08:56 PM
I am actually hoping to see the mission EXPLODE with interest once I post it in 'General'. I have created a tracking database and model here... come one... come all!!!

Grasshopper
05-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Dave,

If it goes from you to me, I can pitch in half of your shipping cost since I won't have any to get it to Smoke in Tulsa.

stinkweed007
05-23-2007, 08:59 PM
thats what we need to work out... if ya'll get a chain of pilots, then we can MAKE it go that way..

Tinman
05-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Yep its going to explode! :D

aviatordave
05-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Dave,

If it goes from you to me, I can pitch in half of your shipping cost since I won't have any to get it to Smoke in Tulsa.

Thanks Tom

Yep its going to explode! :D

like a nuclear bomb :< :tc:

Kat
05-23-2007, 09:05 PM
One problem....... how do we know where to send it.... no one here probably want's to give their address to other people.....

stinkweed007
05-23-2007, 09:09 PM
addresses should be shared IN PRIVATE between the sending and receiving pilots. but not in the public forum. part of participation is moving WG1, hence... someone has to know where its going. I will not ask for address' or phone numbers for any list. its just between the pilots on the 'Honor System'

Kat
05-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Than soon we need a definate list. GETTING CLOSE!!!!!!! P.S. if it get's here on time, I can fly her with my SU-27 TWIN EDF that I am getting soon. :rolleyes: :) :) ;) ;)

crxmanpat
05-23-2007, 10:31 PM
It seems to me the general direction has already been decided. The only details needed are in the high density areas of the US and Oz. It looks like when it gets to the US it'll hit the west coast first, then travel east with the final destination being Wiesbaden (original starting point).

Once this thing gets going, I'm sure we'll all be tracking progress on the main thread and posting about our flights as we get WG1. For the high density areas, we could just decide where it should go next based on who's in on the project. If we are going to allow more pilots to sign on to fly it as it makes it's progression around the world, then it will most likely be impossible to plot an exact route before the maiden.

Then once it gets to the point where it's time to ship to the next pilot, the shipper and receiver get together via PM for the address.

Stink, if you want, go ahead and add the following WF members as pilots at my location -

Turbojoe
h8tobu
bsoder

We all fly together, so I'm sure when it gets to me we will all fly it on the same day, then I will ship it off to the next location.

Murocflyer
05-23-2007, 10:54 PM
Hey Stink, if you have room for one more I'd like to give it a go. I'm just up the road from FiremanBill, but sure would like to join in the fun.

I also know a great guy and pilot that lives in Okinawa Japan that might be interested also. I can ask him if you'd like.

Frank

stinkweed007
05-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Frank!!! about time you got here!! always room for more..

Okinawa!! Cool!! That would be two in the 'Far East'!!!

Son of Paleface
05-24-2007, 12:21 AM
OK Stinky here's the Australian route
SOP to Kgfly to DamianWalker to Mister nice guy to Booma in NZ

I will make sure it gets to these people

I like the badge/logo , but would like to see the words "Project Globetrotter" under or above it
Ian

crxmanpat
05-24-2007, 12:52 AM
I like the badge/logo , but would like to see the words "Project Globetrotter" under or above it
IanHear, hear! My thoughts exactly. I like the badge, but it needs some kind of wording as well.

Tinman
05-24-2007, 01:58 AM
Hey Stink,

I just spoke to Airmail WF (Terry). You can put one dot in the Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Area. We are going to fly it together. SO whoever has it before us can pm me or him and send it to one of us. Then we will ship it on to the next pilot :)

iflyrc1012
05-24-2007, 01:59 AM
o.k. i'll go for it. Patrick Hickey a.m.a. 582576 brooklyn n.y.

airmail wf
05-24-2007, 02:12 AM
I have a friend in Japan I'll email him and see if he wants to join in the fun.

Son of Paleface
05-24-2007, 02:27 AM
OK guys here's my mount , nothing fancy......velcro on the cam bottom...wedge of epp to hold the cam angle will prob need another tye wrap/zip tye/cable tye...whatever you call them , around the cam to secure it , opposite end to the mounting bolt....Im sure one of you will come up with something better , anyway , I will include it in the box , incase someone else can use it ::o
Feel free to ask questions......;-)
Will now make a 'dummy' and give it an 'airing' :< :)

smokejohnson
05-24-2007, 03:19 AM
Love the logo and love the camera mount, looks good guy's. :silly:

Rabbitcreekok, Grasshopper, and I will be one stop and it would be cool :tc: if we can all fly together. Maybe we can all 3 go in to send it north to Aviatordave by mail or south to Balil by car.

Tulsa would be the middle ground but I don't belong to a club. I do have a great field to fly at but I would be willing to go either way if one or both of you prefers flying at a club field. That would be just the excuse I would need to renew my AMA membership;-).

Son of Paleface
05-24-2007, 04:05 AM
If you guys dont have zip tye's , I can throw in a bunch :ws: ;-)

aviatordave
05-24-2007, 04:42 AM
camera mount looks good.....I like your taste in cameras :)

lets see some results.....it should be daylight there now....lol

Son of Paleface
05-24-2007, 04:49 AM
camera mount looks good.....I like your taste in cameras :)

lets see some results.....it should be daylight there now....lol

Not only is it daylight 12.20pm ;-) its Thursday the 24th :tc: ::o see , we aussies are ALWAYS ahead of you yanks :Q

aviatordave
05-24-2007, 05:06 AM
then tell me the numbers to Saturdays powerball so I can win some millions...I'll cut you in a few bucks....

Looking forward to Thursday...Tomorrow!!!!

Rabbitcreekok
05-24-2007, 05:08 AM
Smoke, I can get us on one of the club fields in Tulsa. That would be centrally located between the three of us. Then if it is going south, I would take it to Balil in Tyler.

Son of Paleface
05-24-2007, 05:10 AM
SO generous :roll: If THAT worked , I wooden B here doin this :< :)

Grasshopper
05-24-2007, 05:27 AM
Smoke, I can get us on one of the club fields in Tulsa. That would be centrally located between the three of us. Then if it is going south, I would take it to Balil in Tyler.

If it's coming from Aviator Dave, I can have him ship it to me and drive it to Tulsa to meet the two of you. I'd like to take a photo of it here at a neat nostalgic landmark if possible. If it's coming up from TX to one of you two, I can meet you in Tulsa and then ship it on to Dave. It would be cool to get a group photo of us with it.

Son of Paleface
05-24-2007, 05:37 AM
The weather here is $h-t at the moment :sad: rainy and windy , Im thinking Im gona have to go with a bigger wing ::o ...... Ive got another cheaper / lighter cam on the way from Ebay , so we'll se what develops ;-)

Rabbitcreekok
05-24-2007, 05:42 AM
If it's coming from Aviator Dave, I can have him ship it to me and drive it to Tulsa to meet the two of you. I'd like to take a photo of it here at a neat nostalgic landmark if possible. If it's coming up from TX to one of you two, I can meet you in Tulsa and then ship it on to Dave. It would be cool to get a group photo of us with it.

That works for me, Tom. Since Smoke lives in Tulsa, he probably knows the best landmark. Maybe the driller (http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/OKTULoil.html) at the expo center. Or that may be too big to show our small plane.

Son of Paleface
05-24-2007, 05:49 AM
An A/P of that big digger with y'all at the base wood b good

Geoff_Gino
05-24-2007, 07:59 AM
Hi 'Globetrotters'

Just checking in to let you know South Africa is still on the 'map' and ready to go.

Stink congrats on your new status, I know you'll do us proud.

I understand that from the 'West Coast' WG1 will go to North Africa (Egypt) and from there to me and from me on to SoP in Aussie.

I will be including a CD with video and pics of points of interest in Port Elizabeth and of course a video of the flight. The idea is that the next guy can download onto his/her PC and then perhaps cut a new CD with their contribution included.

I have SoP's address and please let me know who to contact with my details.

stinkweed007
05-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Hopper.. just a note, there seems to be some developement of a plan in your region. Just make it solid how ya'll want it to work in your Time Zone and I will accomidate. This is what I meant, if pilots have a desire to meet up with other pilots, even if it deviates from the pure eastward, I will make the route adjustment to fit. The route of this project has turned into a kind of meet and greet among friends and to-be friends. Who am I to bully that. So you and Aviatiordave and the others in your spot tell me what You want to do.

SOP is trekking across the Outback to sew his phase together, even if he started in Sydney and Ended in Adelaid (moving west). I would want to follow that plan for that spot because it makes the project quite a bit more personal.

Geoff. the Eastern Hemisphere portion is quite simple. After WG1 is done with the EU, she will go to Cairo, then to you, then to SOP for his convoy, then Booma, then Japan then off to Riverman in Canada who will kick off the North American tour.

Son of Paleface
05-24-2007, 08:47 AM
:) "Trekking across the Outback" :Q :Q Hardly...Adelaide to Melbourne , the first 'leg' is about 800km and will take 2 days IF i stop overnite-halfway , and the same for the Melb to Canberra leg;-)

stinkweed007
05-24-2007, 09:08 AM
ya'know.. my gal and I were talking about Globetrotter last night and she was kind of egging me on with the project. then a commercial came on CNN for some business and the quote was, 'When climbing the ladder, it's ok to stop and enjoy the view'.

With the maiden of WG1 just days away. I took a step back and looked at my note pad I have with the highlights and scribble marks about Globetrotter. and my gal said to me, Did you ever stop to think, there are men and women now, AROUND THE WORLD, who are sitting at their dinner tables, relaxing at their fields, pounding their keyboards, and sneaking in phone calls on the company bill... talking about Globetrotter.. now that's something!!!

I just wanted to make sure that I said how thankful I am for everyones individual efforts on this coming journey and how inspired I am by the whole thing. Now lets make sure we get this done. Because man.. this is just soo cool!:tc:

Timothy

Son of Paleface
05-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Amen to that :)

Geoff_Gino
05-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Couldn't have said it better !!!

Saucerguy2
05-24-2007, 11:40 AM
ya'know.. my gal and I were talking about Globetrotter last night and she was kind of egging me on with the project. then a commercial came on CNN for some business and the quote was, 'When climbing the ladder, it's ok to stop and enjoy the view'.

With the maiden of WG1 just days away. I took a step back and looked at my note pad I have with the highlights and scribble marks about Globetrotter. and my gal said to me, Did you ever stop to think, there are men and women now, AROUND THE WORLD, who are sitting at their dinner tables, relaxing at their fields, pounding their keyboards, and sneaking in phone calls on the company bill... talking about Globetrotter.. now that's something!!!

I just wanted to make sure that I said how thankful I am for everyones individual efforts on this coming journey and how inspired I am by the whole thing. Now lets make sure we get this done. Because man.. this is just soo cool!:tc:

Timothy

She's a keeper, I'd embrace the advice given by her everybody.

I'm glad to be part of the project, I'm sure we will have many new members on board well before it reaches California "West Coast Members" and world wide of course when needed !!! This is something that is making a mark on this planet, much less time line and will be recorded in history as a first.

I wish happy landings on all flights with it.

- Brian

Murocflyer
05-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Frank!!! about time you got here!! always room for more..

Okinawa!! Cool!! That would be two in the 'Far East'!!!

Great! Thanks.

I've asked my buddy in Okinawa, if he's not traveling or too busy at work, I'm sure he'd like to help. No promises, but we'll see.

Frank

smokejohnson
05-24-2007, 12:55 PM
So I looked at the last map Stink put up looking for a route. Maybe after Colorado (Skysharkster or Bluejay) it should go to Frank Vokel then to Aviatordave and then to Grasshopper. Grasshopper, Rabbitcreekok, and I will do our thing and then send it on to Texas ( Balil, Slowjohn).

Frank Voikel
05-24-2007, 02:05 PM
I still need to get a TX/RX before it comes here. I should have one in time, though.

Slowjohn
05-24-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm in awe of all this really and am having some trouble finding what I consider to be the right words so I'll use what I hear the most when explaining this project to others and that is "Wow, That is so cool". I'm honored to be a part of your project stinkweed. If I'd of awakened with an idea like this I'd of dissmissed it as a nightmare ::oor maybe a flashback :ws: from those days long gone by.

Standing By,
Slowjohn

If I'd of known I was going to live this long,
I'd of taken better care of myself.
However I had fun getting here,
I Think ??::o:) :ws: ;-)
SJ

aviatordave
05-24-2007, 03:00 PM
This is getting fun!

For the midwesterners - I'm just the meat in the middle :) I'll let you guys decide which way it comes to me and where it goes as some of you are close and can catch up with each other.

Good thoughts SW, your gal is right...alot of us do think about this all over the world.

Refresh us - whats the status of Guiness?

sadkingbilly
05-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Hey,

Is there some map or list of countries it'll get to? I'm in the Netherlands and would like to participate (could fly it over amsterdam and send it on before the police will come knocking ;)) but I have no idea if I'm even on the route it's taking..

Tinman
05-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Its like Santa Clause it goes everywhere!

sadkingbilly
05-24-2007, 03:21 PM
I just found the map with the red dots :)
I noticed it'll be in england and then travel to germany. I'n right between them so it'll not only save them some money but also enables me to join in :)

(and wouldn't you love to see it soar around some authentic windmills? ;))

stinkweed007
05-24-2007, 03:29 PM
SKB, There is always room for more!!!

The map is on post #398

However, this is not a daredevil stunt. We are looking for pilots to do a few legit flights, photo and log... then send WG1 to the next destination. Im pretty sure you were not serious about doing a sort of 'hit n run' over Amsterdam, but we cant give off the wrong impression. We want to keep this legal and sane so that it looks real good at the end.

The windmills would be awesome!!!!

Welcome aboard!

sadkingbilly
05-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Stink,

Yes, I was joking (with al the terrorist warnings here I'd never see daylight again..) But I think I can arrange to fly it over "De Zaanse Schans"

http://www.molendatabase.nl/nederland/alginfo/images/z_schans.jpg

One of the tourist traps here in the Netherlands :)
I'll inform with the club in the vincinity and charter a few decent pilots (I only have about 50 flights and just with my EZ*), I'm sure I can find a few who'd love the idea. I'll check back here every two days or so :)

English Electric
05-24-2007, 06:32 PM
See my Windmill EZ* video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urgmYwnNe6o

Paul.

aviatordave
05-24-2007, 06:45 PM
We have alot of Dutch here where I live.....I was thinking a picture in Pella IA would be nice

Dutch Windmill (http://app3.websitetonight.com/projects/3/2/4/5/32459/uploads/windmill.wmv) 2 meg video

Saucerguy2
05-24-2007, 09:09 PM
This is unfolding in a very cool way, these photo's are just an indication as to what we all have in store for the future.

We need more west coast participants, I'm showing restraint by not going outside of WF because we don't know who's out there that's legit, but if you know any members here that are on the west coast, please let them know about the project and how close it's reaching the start. I'd hate to have our side of the globe largely passed up because nobody else signed up, I'll even meet you if you are relatively close to Tacoma to go flying together if you are tx/rx deficient.

Grasshopper
05-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Well, it's not Dutch windmills but I was planning on taking the plane for a nostalgic trip down old Route 66 for a stop at one of the last surviving drive in theaters. It's about 5 miles from my house and is still open every weekend.

Son of Paleface
05-24-2007, 10:35 PM
[quote=English Electric;200668]See my Windmill EZ* video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urgmYwnNe6o

Nice smooth vid......but you didnt fly between the blades ::o ;-) :Q

crxmanpat
05-24-2007, 10:39 PM
I'll be sure to get pics of it with us standing in front of a saguaro cactus. I wish we could find someone up near Flagstaff so they could get shots of it by (or over :eek: ) the Grand Canyon. Other than the cactus, not sure what other significant "landmark" we could photograph here in Phoenix.

Timothy, post #440, very well said my friend. Yes, you have a keeper. Make sure she never gets away. ;)

Murocflyer
05-24-2007, 10:51 PM
We need more west coast participants, I'm showing restraint by not going outside of WF because we don't know who's out there that's legit, but if you know any members here that are on the west coast, please let them know about the project and how close it's reaching the start. I'd hate to have our side of the globe largely passed up because nobody else signed up, I'll even meet you if you are relatively close to Tacoma to go flying together if you are tx/rx deficient.

I've asked another buddy of mine from CA to check this out. He's having PC troubles right now so he can't log in, but we still have some time for him to volunteer. He another great guy and pilot so no worries that way.

Frank

warlockgs
05-24-2007, 11:28 PM
I'd be proud to be a part of this :)

(Tucson, AZ)

Any El Paso folks here?

sadkingbilly
05-25-2007, 12:00 AM
I think before the plane eventually gets here it will be in need of its second motor with al the american pilots flying it first :) It will sure make one hell of an present but when it finally gets back it'll be ready for retirement :)

some thought: Would it not be better to not put any stickers on the model but on the box it travels in (like some ppl do with their travel suitcase)? That way the plane will stay light and no damage will be done to the stickers if the plane ever crashes.. The plane will look great though, covered in stickers as proof of it's travels..

Kat
05-25-2007, 12:35 AM
I just learned that 1/2 of mcguire afbase is closing, but runway might stay. You thinkin what I am thinkin? FLY SOME JETS AND WG1 !!!!!!!!!!

Son of Paleface
05-25-2007, 12:40 AM
I think before the plane eventually gets here it will be in need of its second motor with al the american pilots flying it first :) It will sure make one hell of an present but when it finally gets back it'll be ready for retirement :)

some thought: Would it not be better to not put any stickers on the model but on the box it travels in (like some ppl do with their travel suitcase)? That way the plane will stay light and no damage will be done to the stickers if the plane ever crashes.. The plane will look great though, covered in stickers as proof of it's travels..

I think stinky ought to give a ruling on whether we can put local stickers on and or sign the plane ...and if we are , I think that NOBODY is to go over or cover up previous work :< :)

Rabbitcreekok
05-25-2007, 12:45 AM
[quote=sadkingbilly;200797]I think before the plane eventually gets here it will be in need of its second motor with al the american pilots flying it first/quote]

Actually, sad, it is going to start in Germany, so you will get to see it early on.

Murocflyer
05-25-2007, 01:38 AM
I know my opinion doesn't count, but I say save the stickers and signatures for the log book. Keep the plane as pristine as possible.

Frank

Kat
05-25-2007, 01:40 AM
I agree. We should start making the shipping box.

Son of Paleface
05-25-2007, 01:48 AM
Dont forget that this may hang in a famous museum , AMA ...I think or somewhere appropriate

Slowjohn
05-25-2007, 01:59 AM
I agree to having the stickers signatures etc. placed somewhere other than on the plane. First due to a possible weight problem towards the end. Secondly I myself think it'd look better without the stickers if it does wind up on display which will be really nice.

Standing By,
Slowjohn

Grasshopper
05-25-2007, 02:05 AM
Maybe it would work to have an album included where we can place stickers and sign it. It could be displayed with the plane in the end. Putting stickers on the plane could get messy, heavy and I can't imagine they would all fit. If they are placed on the shipping box, they would most likely be scuffed, torn or even ripped off the box from handling. Just my opinion.

smokejohnson
05-25-2007, 03:35 AM
Stickers and signatures on the plane or on the box? I'm going to vote for on the plane. It will make for better pictures I think. SW had mentioned early on that if the need arised to replace the wing to just keep the original to be displayed with it.

So Rabbit and Grasshopper my suggestion is for Grasshopper to receive it from Aviatordave and we all meet at a club field in Tulsa to fly. Other than the Tulsa Driller the only other spot (for now :silly:;-)) I would like a picture is by the life size "End Of The Trail (http://www.cherokee-nc.com/history.php?Name=Trail%20of%20Tears)" statue (http://store.worldbronzes.com/endoftrbyjaf.html). After that Rabbitcreekok could take it with him for his photo ops and then on to Balil in Texas. Of course my offer to help with the gas or shipping still stands.

Grasshopper
05-25-2007, 03:39 AM
Stickers and signatures on the plane or on the box? I'm going to vote for on the plane. It will make for better pictures I think. SW had mentioned early on that if the need arised to replace the wing to just keep the original to be displayed with it.

So Rabbit and Grasshopper my suggestion is for Grasshopper to receive it from Aviatordave and we all meet at a club field in Tulsa to fly. Other than the Tulsa Driller the only other spot (for now :silly:;-)) I would like a picture is by the life size "End Of The Trail (http://www.cherokee-nc.com/history.php?Name=Trail%20of%20Tears)" statue (http://store.worldbronzes.com/endoftrbyjaf.html). After that Rabbitcreekok could take it with him for his photo ops and then on to Balil in Texas. Of course my offer to help with the gas or shipping still stands.

Works for me SJ. My offer to split the shipping costs with aviatordave still stands too.

Rabbitcreekok
05-25-2007, 05:27 AM

That sounds great to me. I would like to see the End of the Trail statue, since my wife has some Cherokee ancestors.

LannyG
05-25-2007, 06:44 AM
I've asked another buddy of mine from CA to check this out. He's having PC troubles right now so he can't log in, but we still have some time for him to volunteer. He another great guy and pilot so no worries that way.

Frank
Hey Frank
I have an old laptop hooked up temporarily. I can help if you need a Gold Country California flyer.
Just an opinion. Everybody who flies it could just sign it and put their location in a small area with a felt pen and put stickers and photos in a logbook. What is the most universal connector or batteries? If the battery was placed at the CG it would make for a wider variety of batteries. Do people have to pay customs fees between countries?
Sounds like a great idea!
LannyG

Airhead
05-25-2007, 06:56 AM
Works for me SJ. My offer to split the shipping costs with aviatordave still stands too.
Hi guys,
I've missed ya'll,
Just so you would know, I will also split shipping cost with folks too..
Smile, its almost Friday somewhere....;-)

Airhead
05-25-2007, 06:58 AM
That sounds great to me. I would like to see the End of the Trail statue, since my wife has some Cherokee ancestors.
Hey Jim,
Thats cool,, My wife's grandmother was Cherokee..:)

stinkweed007
05-25-2007, 08:17 AM
first off.. Warlockgs and LannyG.. Welcome to the Project!!

ok.. there seems to be the idea re-warmed about Not putting the tourist stickers on WG1. This was discussed much earlier in the project, but the subject went cold. Concerns about flight weight were the subject.

Project Control, here are the facts-
Each pilot will have an entire page in the flight log (about 8 1/2"x7 1/2") which the front side will be for data entry and the back side to decorate however the pilot wishes. Stickers, art, fingerprints, coffee stains ect.

The exterior of the box should Not be blanketed with any stickers. Eventhough I love the thought of getting a box with that "been around the world" feel. It may attract undue attention to the box and someone might want to keep the package for themselves and that would terminate the project. I plan on only putting WattFlyer on the exterior of the box so that it can be identified. You may, however line the interior of the box also with stickers, I think that would look great!

So that just leaves us with WG1 herself. We have to mark her somehow. but I do agree that stickers, from the now 50 pilots, might begin to burden WG1. so how do we go from here? Do we mimic the 'other' project and sign her? or do we write location and date? Signatures wont be necessary, because we have a log book.. and then just leave room for country stickers on the wings?

Lets hear it.. we have exactly 1 week to solidify a standard.

Airhead
05-25-2007, 09:36 AM
Well, I agree with not putting stickers on the exterior of the box so not to draw too much attention to it during shipment. We all would hate for this plane to go thru half of its journey and then get stolen in transit.
Also, the stickers on the wings would add weight that we really do not need. Some kind of marking from us should be on it. With a sharpy maybe.. I have been MIA for a week so if this was already discussed and I missed it please forgive me..

Airhead
05-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Thanks Tinman.. I just have to make sure I do justice to the title.:<
You already have...:ws:

Son of Paleface
05-25-2007, 10:08 AM
I will go for a sharpie printed name , place , date (so others can read it) and Stickers included , to be stuck on the wing at the end , NO printing names ect on the wing , cause they will be covered over with the stickers later , this way the planes flight performance wont be affected , and the plane can be decorated at the end with the stickers to look the part....the stickers included for later should be no more than 1.5"square , so we can ALL get on , if you cant find a small sticker; the bigger ones go on first and get 'cropped' by the smaller ones if you run out of room , stickers to be taped to the back of your page....
Owzat , mate ;-) :)

raad
05-25-2007, 10:11 AM
al salam alaikum ,
hello all , nice to see how far this thing got.. did u put in a start date ?how long can one hold the plane as max days ?

i wanted to clear something, i asked about flying it close to the pyramids .. and that area is restricted airspace:blah: .. so i think we will fly the plane by the Nile and maybe alexandria if possible,,sorry i could not keep up my word to take a pic of the pyramids..i can try to take it in and take a pic of the plane being in with the pyramids or close enough ???

i will not be flying the plane for i am a beginner , but i have a friend who is an instructor to the armed forces he teaches them how to fly the UMAV ,i will have him do the flying , to be on the safe side !

i heard there was something like a $2 thing from each participant ?where am i from that ? sorry i am not keeping up with u guys.:< .

Raad
[email protected]
Cairo,Egypt

sadkingbilly
05-25-2007, 10:54 AM
Hey Frank
Just an opinion. Everybody who flies it could just sign it and put their location in a small area with a felt pen and put stickers and photos in a logbook.

That was my idea too. Just sign the plane somewhere -edit- indeed, just write place of flying and date and sign the logbook, even better! -edit- (that way it'll stay light and no stickers will overlap) and put your sticker in the box with it.

What is the most universal connector or batteries? If the battery was placed at the CG it would make for a wider variety of batteries.

I don't know for other countries but here in the Netherlands everybody (well, almost) uses MPX plugs, the small red and green ones.

These:<
http://davesrcflight.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/images/mpx_plug.gif
Most of the rest use these (3.5 mm):<
http://davesrcflight.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/images/pp35_con.jpg

Perhaps you could use one standard and if people cannot use it they make their own charge cable and send it along when it moves on?

Do people have to pay customs fees between countries?

I know I do but when it doesn't travel for more than, say, 200 miles I'll bring it myself (continental of course, not to england ;))

Son of Paleface
05-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Hey Frank
If the battery was placed at the CG it would make for a wider variety of batteries. Do people have to pay customs fees between countries?
LannyG

The batts cant go on the CG , they are needed right up front to get the CG rite , dont forget its a pusher with the motor BEHIND the CG

stinkweed007
05-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Raad, you are right.. you missed a few things.

The Maiden date for WG1 is
:tc:1 June 2007:tc:

I will maiden her and put up the first post in the Mission thread, many will wish to out do me.. have at it!! I personally plan on doing a little "WG1 Maiden" video a few portraits, and some Surface to Air photos marking the flight.

as far as Layover time I would just like to say this. Those of us who dont have millions in the bank, should prepare now for the shipping cost so that WG1 moves as quickly as it can. I would like to suggest that WG1 only stay with any one pilot for 1 week maximum. because with 50+ pilots, if we all wait till the end of the month's paycheck to send her off, this will take years.. Bad Weather and shipping time, and repairs should be our only hold ups.

Those in the North American phase will have some time to prepare. The current route, internationally speaking, will be
Europe
Africa
Downunder
Far East
North America
then back to Europe to me to complete the Journey.

Marking will be then as follows... I will ship one or two foam safe paint markers or perminant with WG1, pilots will WRITE their
Screen Name
Location w/Country
Date
ie
Stinkweed007
Wiesbaden Germany
1 June 07

This will jive with your Log Book Entry which also requests your Screen Name. Try to keep it small, but readable. Cool?

You are encouraged to sticker up the inside of the box, and your log book page, but I guess, because there is no easy way to do it, we will leave WG1 sticker free EXCEPT for country stickers 1 per country.

Tinman
05-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Sounds good, I like the idea of only putting the country stickers on her.

June 1st is almost here!

Murocflyer
05-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Do we have a pre-world tour pic of the plane yet?

Frank

Murocflyer
05-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Hey Frank
I have an old laptop hooked up temporarily. I can help if you need a Gold Country California flyer.
LannyG

Lanny,

Glad to have you on board! I thought you might be interested.

Got your email. Hope your PC troubles are soon rectified.

Frank

Murocflyer
05-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Most of the rest use these (3.5 mm):<
http://davesrcflight.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/images/pp35_con.jpg

Perhaps you could use one standard and if people cannot use it they make their own charge cable and send it along when it moves on?

This is what I use.

Did I miss what connectors will be on the end of the ESC?

Frank

Murocflyer
05-25-2007, 01:36 PM
No stickers on the plane except for the country sticker. Good idea. Log book is free game along with a flight report and other commentary.

Do we have a run down on names and locations finalized? Perhaps on a Word .doc as an attachment would be nice. Then we can contact the next guy via PM to finalize ship times.

Frank

raad
05-25-2007, 01:45 PM
cool.. i al aready got my FW adress from Geoff Ogden of south africa

well my adress

:ws:cairo egypt

or a forwarding mailing service from the UK

aramex mail box service:</p>

:ws:

the forwarding service is much safer , if shipping from europe i recommend aramex

i will try to keep up .. finals coming up excuse me

Raad,,

Son of Paleface
05-25-2007, 01:51 PM
I was talking only about country stickers in post 480

sadkingbilly
05-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Stink,

Perhaps somewhere this weekend - if you already have WG1 complete - you can make a few pictures of her and what's inside of her? Especially some from the connectors/plugs used on the ESC and battery?

That way the first people who get her can prepare in case they don't have what she needs to charge her.. Or perhaps you can send charge cable (with crocodile clamps or banana plugs) along? I assume most ppl can use one of those for charging..

Rabbitcreekok
05-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Or perhaps you can send charge cable (with crocodile clamps or banana plugs) along? I assume most ppl can use one of those for charging..

Good idea sadking, with a couple of charging cables, most of us can connect to our chargers.

Murocflyer
05-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Ok... so we'll do it like this..

Batteries
the plane will be shipped begining with 2x 9.6v 1000mah NiMH batts and a 12 VDC charger because of voltages/hertz in different countries.

Charger is covered.

Frank

stinkweed007
05-25-2007, 03:58 PM
The stock battery pictured below.

Rabbitcreekok
05-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Hmmmmm??

Thanks Frank. I have slept 24 times since that post. Surely I can't be expected to remember that far back.

Geoff_Gino
05-25-2007, 04:53 PM
The stock battery pictured below.

Hi Stink

Please include a charger cable for that connector - they're not that easy to find here. Croc clips or banana plugs on the other end will be great.

Aubie
05-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Is it too late to get in on this?

aviatordave
05-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Aubie,

Where the hell ya been? :)

no its not too late - SW lives in Germany so there is a time difference but he catches up on the threads.

stinkweed007
05-25-2007, 08:24 PM
geeze dave... you make it sound like I actually sleep... ;p

Aubie, of course you can jump on!! But where are you, city state country