PDA

View Full Version : "Project Globetrotter"

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Son of Paleface
05-25-2007, 10:53 PM
Hi Stink

Please include a charger cable for that connector - they're not that easy to find here. Croc clips or banana plugs on the other end will be great.

Yeah Geoff , I'll second that , we use Dean's power or 4mm banana here

sadkingbilly
05-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Yeah Geoff , I'll second that , we use Dean's power or 4mm banana here

I never even saw that "dean's power" before. Not available here!

crxmanpat
05-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Hi Stink

Please include a charger cable for that connector - they're not that easy to find here. Croc clips or banana plugs on the other end will be great.If I'm not mistaken, the kit comes with a 12v DC charger that has the Tamiya connector (like the one in the pic of the battery that Stink posted). So, as long as the original battery and charger stay with the kit, everyone should be OK.

Son of Paleface
05-25-2007, 11:23 PM
I never even saw that "dean's power" before. Not available here!

Yeah , but its avaliable in most places , as its made in USA
dont think stinks sending a charger , to keep the weight shipping costs down

crxmanpat
05-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Timothy,

Please clear up what will/will not be shiped with the plane. I understand each pilot needs to supply their own Tx/Rx because of the different frequencies in use around the world.

But, will it include the battery, a charger, an ESC? It would probably be best to either include all, or none, of these items as we then get into the problems faced by the different connectors in use, and their availability around the world. We also need to think about the connectors from ESC to motor if the ESC won't be included.

Murocflyer
05-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Ok... so we'll do it like this..

TX/RX
will be provided by each pilot (mostly due to frequencies and shipping weight), but the electrics (servos, motor, ESC) will remain in the plane unless upgraded by the pilot.. in which case the upgrade will REMAIN in the plane and passed forward.

Batteries
the plane will be shipped begining with 2x 9.6v 1000mah NiMH batts and a 12 VDC charger because of voltages/hertz in different countries. and again, if the batts get upgraded to LiPo's then a new 12 VDC charger should be put in the box and passed on..

Stickers
The plane will be decorated with WattFlyer stickers provided by Don Sims. all "tourist stickers" displaying the stops the plane has made should be without profanity/obscenity and really be limited to themes/towns of the region. in addition, the flag of each country can also be placed on the plane but should only be one per country.

Pilots should try their best NOT to cover the entire WattFlyer decals.. many will overlap but try not to cover everyones stuff.. try and limit size per sticker to about 5"x5".

Logo's and emblems of commercial manufacturers (ie Futaba or JR) should NOT be used because this little event is not sponsored nor endorsed by them (even if you work for them). Copyright and professional courtesies apply. but you may put on a sticker from your local club, with their permission first.

Passing on
once we get the list of participants, they will be numbered, then it will be up to the pilot to receive the mailing address of the next pilot via Private message or e-mail between the two pilots.. no displaying of mailing address' in the thread or forum. although some might want to join the list once the plane is underway, and we want alot of pilots and we'll try to work 'em in, we will want to keep the plane moving in an general eastward direction.. it has to go all the way around the world for this to mean something..

when the plane is shipped to the next pilot, it should be done so in a manner which can be tracked online in case of loss or misdirection. The cost will be on the participating pilot.

Photos / Log
I will make a "template" post for all pilots which you can log your participation.

Photos will be posted on a fresh Globetrotter thread once the process has begun. as well as a map and other info.

Repairs
um... you break it, you fix it.. but if the sticker surfaces break, then send the broken surface along with it so it stays "complete"

sound right....:silly:

We have alot of earth to cover.. and Im sure it will get alot stick time in the states, but if you have friends abroad, try to get them in on it..

maybe we could display it at SEFF '08.. or '09

SW,

Does this still apply? (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=189664&postcount=13)

Time for an update please. I think we all are getting excited. :) I know I am.

Frank

LannyG
05-26-2007, 01:07 AM
Ready to go flyers of the World!
LannyG

Murocflyer
05-26-2007, 01:15 AM
Wonder how many pilots we have on board now?

stinkweed007
05-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Ok.. lets not panic here about battery connectors and compatibility.

This was all discussed a few hundred pages ago so Im not surprised that it got a bit left behind.

WG1 herself will be shipped as a complete aircraft (fuselage wing and stabs) with 4 mini servos (1-ele, 1-rud, 2-alr) Brushed 400 motor with compatible ESC and 2 Batts and compatible 12 VDC charger.

Project Control, here are the facts-
lets not start being nervous about connectors because your local standards are not really the issue only because you will receive a compatible charger. and if you decide to perminantly upgrade WG1 for the project, you will supply the necessary accessories so that the next pilot also does not have to worry.

in short, If I upgrade WG1 with LiPO's which have Blammo connectors, I will need to put in an ESC with a Blammo connector and send along a charger with a Blammo connector. This, so that the next pilot, who is used to using Widget connectors does not have to worry, because the Blammo gear is already in the box, ready to use.. He/She only needs the 12VDC power source.

Upgrades are only if the pilot desires.

today or tomorrow I will make a long guidelines post. as well as the proposed route.

currently we have 52 solid
Aubie and III Bones have not yet provided their locations.

Crxmanpat. I would love to add your 3 pals there.. but they need to post for me to accept them on the list.. cool?

English Electric
05-26-2007, 11:07 AM
As a Wing Dragon owner I can tell you that the weak point in the plane is the thin wooden Male and Female wing joint that sets the dihedral. This we almost certainly break at some point. I replaced the Male half on mine with one I made out of plastic. This works well, but makes the Female side the weak point!
I ended up wrapping tape around the centre of the wing to make it one piece. This of course is no good for shipping.
It may be worth each pilot taping the wings as a precaution before flying. As long as the tape is not so sticky that it pulls the foam apart, I think it would help a lot.

Just a thought....

Paul.

Murocflyer
05-26-2007, 12:32 PM
How about those PG pilots share a little info about yourself here (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18318)?

Let's see who'll be piloting this plane around the world so to speak? I see a few folks there already.

Frank

stinkweed007
05-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Paul
I plan on making the main wing solid only because the joining of the wing halves is honestly only supposed to happen 1 or 2 times. If every pilot, no matter how careful, joined and seperated it, then Im sure the female socket would be damaged or the male stick would snap.

I will tape the halves together as I have with mine, (but with clear tape) so that we ship a solid wing. then we just hook up the servos, band the wing on and shes ready for the RX and batts.

Grasshopper
05-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Just an opinion, but I don't think we should be allowed to upgrade to different batteries. If we stay with the stock batteries and charger you supply, everyone can use them. Upgrading only adds more variables and time to the project. I don't know why you would want to upgrade to a lipo for your one or two flights anyway. JMO.

stinkweed007
05-26-2007, 05:44 PM
I thought that too Tom, however, there are pilots who have expressed their desire to juice WG1 up.. batts... motors... Cameras.. all in donation fashion. although I will never get to enjoy them.. if they want to add something.. and it works.. I figure, let them do it..

but

all upgrades will be discussed in the Mission thread PRIOR to installation!! WG1 is not a TEST frame!!

this should keep the upgrades at a sane level. and the rules/guidelines which I will post also discourage "temporary" upgrades.

stinkweed007
05-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Info...
Rules and guidelines have been posted.

GLOBETROTTER RULES & GUIDELINES (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20138)

Rabbitcreekok
05-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Info...
Rules and guidelines have been posted.

GLOBETROTTER RULES & GUIDELINES (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20138)

As stated on post number 1,000.

Good job Timothy. There should be no questions about the rules and guidelines, but there will be, I'll bet.

Have you set up some way for us to send funds to help with the long distance shippers?

raad
05-26-2007, 11:33 PM
al salam alaikum ,

hello all , i am very sorry but i have to pull out .. sorry geoff and sorry stinkweed .. flying here is still not 100% legal .. and i was asked by the local club to stay on the laylow so i would not attract goverment attention to the hobby ,still have that fear of spies and flying bombs!! ..sorry all.. i am looking forward to seeing mission globetotter

Raad
cairo,egypt

aviatordave
05-26-2007, 11:58 PM
al salam alaikum ,

hello all , i am very sorry but i have to pull out .. sorry geoff and sorry stinkweed .. flying here is still not 100% legal .. and i was asked by the local club to stay on the laylow so i would not attract goverment attention to the hobby ,still have that fear of spies and flying bombs!! ..sorry all.. i am looking forward to seeing mission globetotter

Raad
cairo,egypt

Why cant someone from the local club fly it? Hobby airplanes cant be illegal in egypt?

Murocflyer
05-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Wow, that's different. I agree, can't someone from the local club fly it?

Frank

aviatordave
05-27-2007, 12:21 AM
.............whoops

Son of Paleface
05-27-2007, 12:41 AM
Yes good job Tim , and I agree with bunny rabbit (Buggs) Jim. :)
Raad , like Dave sez , cant you get someone else there to take it on ??

aviatordave
05-27-2007, 04:30 AM
whats happening with Guiness?

stinkweed007
05-27-2007, 05:00 AM
I believe what raad is saying about his local club is, they are a club but the locl law is still a bit sketchy about model flying legality, so as a precaution to protect the club, WG1 might bring them attention that they are not seeking.

I have sent off the necessary paperwork off to Guinness. they will be in contact, after WG1 has maidened.

raad
05-27-2007, 10:24 AM
hello all , as stinkweed said .. the club is not looking for extra attention .. sorry again .. we can fly it at the club .. which is an old airfield that used to be a center for flight schools ..

i will still try to get back in WG1.. amma see if i can find someone who knows someone in a high place to give us clearance!..

thank u for being understanding

Raad,
[email protected]

Murocflyer
05-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Wow, Cairo sure is a big city.

Embaba airport. Who hasn't landed there a time or two?

Frank

Murocflyer
05-27-2007, 01:47 PM
I believe what raad is saying about his local club is, they are a club but the locl law is still a bit sketchy about model flying legality, so as a precaution to protect the club, WG1 might bring them attention that they are not seeking.

Certainly don't want to get anyone in trouble.

It's kinda hard to realize that not everyone in this world has the freedoms we enjoy everyday and take for granted.

Just one more reason to be a member of the AMA so we can continue to enjoy this freedom we know as RC flying.

Frank

Tinman
05-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Well said Frank. I'm glad I joined the AMA, best thing i've done since I got into this hobby...

Son of Paleface
05-27-2007, 02:48 PM
hello all , as stinkweed said .. the club is not looking for extra attention .. sorry again .. we can fly it at the club .. which is an old airfield that used to be a center for flight schools (not a pretty place!) .. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=cairo,egypt&ie=UTF8&t=k&om=1&ll=30.072102,31.192009&spn=0.008858,0.014462&z=16&iwloc=addr
.. u can see that the population moved into the airport ..lol!
i will still try to get back in WG1.. amma see if i can find someone who knows someone in a high place to give us clearance!..

thank u for being understanding

Raad,
[email protected]

Hey Raad , where are the pyramids from you , N,S,E,West ??

DavidWent
05-27-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm only on page 5 of this thread, but I had to jump to the end to see if it isn't too late and if you don't already have a NH pilot, I'd love to be involved! Too bad the "old Man In The Mountian" fell off a few years back, that woulda been a great pic!

David

stinkweed007
05-27-2007, 10:53 PM
David

Love to have you on board!! there is alot of discussion in the 22 pages here, click the link of Rules and guidelines in my signature for the summary.

East coast is getting thick!!! I Love it!!

Nitro Blast
05-27-2007, 10:54 PM
I showed this to my dad, and He's gonna chime in for a Hawaii (Oahu) spot if you need one!

Murocflyer
05-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Hawaii. Sweet!

Frank

DavidWent
05-27-2007, 11:35 PM
Thanks SW! I just finished all 22 pages and I have goosebumps at being involved! Thanks again

David

vax6335
05-28-2007, 12:10 AM
Sorry I didn't read the entire thread before posting this, but I did read the rules. Are we trying to do all the states as well?

I volunteer for Indiana, if that can be done.

EpoweredRc
05-28-2007, 02:10 AM
WOW, what a driffrent thing to do, This is a neat idea, I hope it sticks together. Can't wait to start seeing the pictures, when are you going to start this thing off?
I just now first time reading about it.

smokejohnson
05-28-2007, 02:14 AM
It's scheduled to start June 1st.

EpoweredRc
05-28-2007, 02:16 AM
It's scheduled to start June 1st.

Oh cool, so yall got a list of who is flying it and where there located.

smokejohnson
05-28-2007, 02:29 AM
Post #398 shows a map. There's been a few more added to it. It's not too late to get your pin in there. :silly:

EpoweredRc
05-28-2007, 02:43 AM
Post #398 shows a map. There's been a few more added to it. It's not too late to get your pin in there. :silly:
Thats page 16 also if anyone wonders LOL, Mike has it here in GA, But it is a cool thing.

Rabbitcreekok
05-28-2007, 05:24 AM
Thats page 16 also if anyone wonders LOL, Mike has it here in GA, But it is a cool thing.

Globetrotter is not limited to one pilot per state. If you are interested, just post here and Stink will add you to the list. He needs to know where you live within your state.

Hemphogg
05-28-2007, 05:59 AM
Hey Stinkweed..

Not sure if it's been brought up or not. But I have some webspace and
some knowledge for building sites in flash, I was just wondering if it would be okay if I created a website for the project.. Nothing to flashy. Just something that We could have to show the world what were doing..Just a thought... And if anyone wants to do this with me all help will be welcomed...

Just a thought...

stinkweed007
05-28-2007, 08:25 AM
Hey Yall,

Well, while I was sleeping looks like a bit of activity here, Thanks Smoke and Rabbit for giving the guys the info they needed.

my 2 cents
Nitro,
Nice to hear from you again, a layover in Hawaii, who could argue with that?!? Please have your dad make an account and a post here to confirm his involvement. This, he will need anyway to post in the Mission thread once he gets WG1.

Vax,
all states are welcome and if we had 1000 pilots in deleware and none in the other 49 states, it would still be a victory. In the big picture, the North American phase is really only about 1/3 of the job. We are going around the world, not just around the states. Welcome to the Project!!

Hemp,
I will make a big note of your offer, currently the entire mission will be viewable exclusively on WF. so that the WF pilots (who this is really all about) can enjoy the added activity on the site. You should be aware that I have had a similar offer already from JediFlyer which I mean to honor 'Post Mission' to document WG1 from start to finish with ALL photos, vid links and mission notes. Should that offer fall through, you can bet I'll come knockin.

DW,
You think YOU have goosebumps:silly:

Geoff_Gino
05-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Hi SW

Now that Raad has dropped out could let me know who'll be sending on to me in South Africa so that I can PM them my address.

Thanks

stinkweed007
05-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Geoff,
Saddly yes, Raad withdrew, but with legitimate reason. Lets wait till about wednesday before you shoot your address out, it looks like you will receive her straight from us in Europe. I will have to see who we will have to help out with that long throw.

MisterNiceGuy
05-28-2007, 11:43 AM
Unbelievable...I was really excited when SOP contacted us over at the aerial photography forums on RCgroups and invited us to register our ability to fly one of the world legs. I have been off doing other things for the past couple of weeks (namely getting everything ready for our wedding in 12 days time) and I come back here and there are 22 pages of entires....PHEW....just took about an hour to read them all.
I am very excited to be part of this project...definately a WORLD first as opposed to the tiger moth 'world' tour that only included the States and Canada - which is a pity.
I am ready and have a parking spot for SOP and his caravan and if we can time it reasonably closely I can even personally fly the plane over to New Zealand (and Booma) as I fly back there all the time and have family just down the road from Booma.
MNG

Saucerguy2
05-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Lighten up

DavidWent
05-28-2007, 08:07 PM
All I see is a red tank top and blue shorts! LOL

Happy Memorial day fellow globetrotters!

David

Murocflyer
05-28-2007, 08:09 PM
All I see is a red tank top and blue shorts! LOL

Happy Memorial day fellow globetrotters!

David

So it's not just me then? :confused:

Happy Memorial Day to you guys and all our Service members!

Frank

aviatordave
05-28-2007, 08:25 PM
its all I saw also...I wished I could of zoomed in a little

bluejay
05-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Gentlemen, you have just past your vision test to pilot R/C planes. Please feel free to study for future test at every opportunity. me too.;-)

Spencer J
05-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Girls on field = crashed planes

Slowjohn
05-28-2007, 09:51 PM
I hope I never have to claim a blinding glitch from a red tank top :ws:. My wife just would not understand at all!!!

Here's a video site that may interest a lot of you that was sent to me. Some pretty awesome planes and video here.
MVRC Club Video Page (http://www.mnvrc.com/Video%20Page.htm)

Enjoy,
Slowjohn

Son of Paleface
05-28-2007, 10:42 PM
What plane , I didn't see a plane , can someone point me to the plane ::o

MNG Best wishes for you both :ws: ........are you sure you'll be able to cope with all this extra activity ;-):Q

stinkweed007
05-29-2007, 01:19 AM
ok... I really missed a hidden joke here.. what is this about thousands of red shirted women on the field crashing eHob's planes.. why can't SOP see the plane... and why is SloJo keeping it from his wife?!?! Im SOOOO confused..

MNG.. hopefully SOP shows up at your door AFTER the honeymoon... we dont need to put a rating on the WG1 Pics.. Congrats!!!

Oh... and I sent an e-mail to the US Embassy in Egypt. Try and get Raad leagally on board!!

Son of Paleface
05-29-2007, 01:39 AM
[quote=stinkweed007;202896]ok

MNG.. hopefully SOP shows up at your door AFTER the honeymoon... we dont need to put a rating on the WG1 Pics.. Congrats!!!

Hey , Stinky , I represent that remark :roll: :Q

stinkweed007
05-29-2007, 01:56 AM
thats why I was warning MNG... maybe I'll send WG1 west... just to give him a minute to compose himself again... ;p

Son of Paleface
05-29-2007, 02:23 AM
A big thanks for that :<:)

stinkweed007
05-29-2007, 02:29 AM
more tomorrow. Im goin to bed.. Please PM me final routing thoughts for the North American hand-offs

Slowjohn
05-29-2007, 02:51 AM
I'd appreciate seeing some sort of list as soon as it could be arranged. I know nothing, nothinnggg.

Standing By,
SlowJohn

Murocflyer
05-29-2007, 03:42 AM
Who is out west? LannyG is in CA. Anyone else?

Frank

EUT
05-29-2007, 05:09 AM
I'm in northern California, near Sacramento.

stinkweed007
05-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Routes will be up this evening.

80 HOURS TILL MAIDEN

Numb Thumbs
05-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Do you need a pilot from Melbourne, Australia??

I would be proud to be involved with this project. I work in a large - 1300 students - High School and run an elective unit where the kids build and fly a remote control plane (a Gene Bond "GymBlu"). I am sure the students would love to be involved as well - it would give them a real buzz!

Cheers
Numb Thumbs:tc:

Son of Paleface
05-29-2007, 11:48 AM

I would be proud to be involved with this project. I work in a large - 1300 students - High School and run an elective unit where the kids build and fly a remote control plane (a Gene Bond "GymBlu"). I am sure the students would love to be involved as well - it would give them a real buzz!

Cheers

Hi mate , there's a bit to this , so please read all the pages , and then PM me , as I will be bringing the plane to Melbourne Cheers Ian

Saucerguy2
05-29-2007, 01:22 PM

Cheers

If you aren't accepted into this project, I'll send you and your class their own WD to play around with pro bono regardless. Personally, I'd feel warmed by having you and your school be part of it, really makes a big impact overall to the kids and this is what all of this should really be about.

With only one post, there may be a reluctance, I think that is what the above poster was coming from, I think SW is going to formalize everything now so we have at least the initial players legitimate on board.

Brian

bronney
05-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Hey Stinkweed007,

aviatordave referred me to this thread thru RCG but my day job got in the way :<

I will be happy to join this and treat the shipping to next target (prolly australia or NZ) as entrance fees. I've been APing since last Christmas and should be up for the jobbie. However I have a few concerns:
1. There's very limited space to fly in HKG. So far I had only been able to AP in 2 places, Kai Tak Airport and Tseung Kwan O. The only visible landmark so far is the lion rock on the kowloon side on hong kong. Besides that, the hazy days in HKG really kills for any cross harbor shots. So excuse me on that but surely you'll see some "hong kong".

2. I am not sure if the WG can lift my canon 190g cam. If best, anyone of your guys in the west can send along a pencam or something it'd be great. Pencams are totally out of stock here, impossible to get.

3. I believe this project won't be any high alt stuff, would 100m be sufficient?

4. The box, with stickers on the box I believe it's rugged enough to survive the "careful" handling of the mailers? hehe. What if the box breaks?

I've read thru the whole rules and guidelines and am happy with it. Now if I can just get my hands on the 2.4G Tx keke..

I will be sending you a PM detailing my addy and stuff. It has to be sent to my office as I live alone. Please reply if any of you have any concerns. Cheers! :)

stinkweed007
05-29-2007, 06:58 PM
ok..

Numb Thumbs (like the name)
Welcome to the Project!! Of course you can join!! I think I would have taken your elective if it were offered when I was in school!!! Your students can jump in too!! I think a class photo with WG1 would be an awesome addition to the journey!!! Im sure you have spoken by now with the Auzzi Express (SOP) Make sure you break out some hot dogs when he gets there, That trip has got to make the guys hungry!!!

Bronney,
That makes 2 in the Far East!!! Kool!! Welcome aboard!!

I am making the lists and solid maps right now.. they will be up in a bit!!

stinkweed007
05-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Ok.. Heres how it looks... problems, changes, wanna's.. have your people call my people.. we'll do lunch.

Noteables,
I decided to wind up the EU before we send off, get a feel for the process, walk her around the block before send WG1 off on her own.. make sense?

The US was a trick, but I think I found an agreeable route. the big loop in the north east was made to include a return trip to Canada and around the lakes before Admin takes up anchor to close out the NoAm phase.

OTHERS WILL JOIN, we dont need to throw around address' till it gets on the continent.

The two legs over Africa is pending a response from the US Embassy in Cairo (yes I actually wrote them) to let Raad be a problem free part of the project.

Ozzi's, please help out Booma. because a few of us will be fresh from chippin in to the Africa, China and Japan throws.

the list... in order...

:ws: European Phase
Stinkweed007 Hessen Germany
Max2112 Bayern Germany
sadkingbilly Netherlands
English Electric London England
fdix Switzerland
R Kopka Graz Austria

:ws: African Phase
Raad Cairo Egypt (pending Embassy approval)
Geoff Gino South Africa

:ws: Western Pacific Phase
Bronney Hong Kong China
tz250w Hiroshima Japan
Son of Paleface Adelaide Aust (Ozzi Express)
The Panther Adelaide Aust
kgfly Melbourne Aust
NumbThumbs Melborne Aust
Damianwalker Canberra Aust
MisterNiceGuy Sydney Aust
Booma Wellington New Zeland
(hawaii?)

:ws: North American Phase
Riverman Calgary Canada
SaucerGuy Tacoma WA
EUT Carmichael CA
LannyG Angels Camp CA
Nitro Blast San Diego CA
Warlockgs Tuscon AZ
Crxmanpat Mesa AZ
Bluejay SC Colorado
SkySharkster Denver CO
FrankVoikel Lake Elmo MN
Aviatordave Yawn IO
Grasshopper Joplin MO
Smokejohnson Tulsa OK
Rabbitcreekok McAlester OK
Balil Tyler TX
Slowjohn SE TX
EFlyer Baton Rouge LA
Don Sims Dyer,TN
Airhead Huntsville AL
GA-Flyer Atlanta GA
Mike Parsons Atlanta GA
Solid Hit Greenville SC
Elfi Flyer Rock Hill, SC
JediFlyer Wilmington NC
iM Flyer Raleigh NC
Twizter68 Virginia Beach VA
Murocflyer VA
Firemanbill Yorktown VA
Airmail Wf Pittsburg PA
Tinman Western PA
Foamondabrain Lancaster OH
vax335 Fort Wayne IN
EhobbyRC Birmingham, MI
Hemphogg Toronto Canada
DavidWent Nashua NH
K Close Upstate NY
iflyrc1012 Brooklyn NY
Kat NJ
Admin NJ

:< Aubie (need location)
:< III Bones (need location)

let me know if I messed up.. but I dont think I did

DavidWent
05-29-2007, 11:53 PM
SW,

Probably doesn't matter but you have my pin in Southern MA instead of Southern NH.

David

stinkweed007
05-29-2007, 11:56 PM
hey.. I was close!! when working in 3d with a 2d map.. its a bit hard to see.. hey... I confused England with France on one map.. and Tazmainia with New Zealand on a few.. I got the right hemisphere!!!

Long day.. thats all. ;p

smokejohnson
05-29-2007, 11:59 PM
Thanks again SW for going through all the trouble to make this happen. It looks great.

We have it worked out on the shipping for our small part of the journey but I would still have no problem helping with the long distance shipping. Just let me know if I can help.

DavidWent
05-30-2007, 12:10 AM
LOL SW,

Totally understandable!! Like I said, no biggie :tc:

David

crxmanpat
05-30-2007, 12:26 AM
Timothy,

Looks great! I'll get all my clubmates to chime in here as well to officially get their names on the list.

Numb Thumbs
05-30-2007, 01:37 AM
Timothy

My name says it all about my flying style (or lack there of!)! My son is Loopy - which describes his!

Auzzi Express (SOP) has about a 10 hour drive to get here (Melbourne) from his place (Yankalilla in South East South Australia), but that is no big deal in Oz! His greeting will more likely be a meat pie and a cold can of beer, here!

Looking forward to the project - a fantastic idea!!!:D

Cheers
NumbThumbs

sadkingbilly
05-30-2007, 02:50 AM
I just collected some information on where to go with WG1 in the Netherlands. Unfortunately, "de zaanse schans" will not be possible, there's not enough space in the vincinity to land unless WG1 has some floats ;)

Other possibillities:</p>
- "de afsluitdijk", the largest dyke in the Netherlands and well known
- the mills in Kinderdijk

http://www.kinderdijk.nl/images/picture/summer/kinv4-zom-04.jpg

- the beach in Scheveningen
- somebody suggested Schiphol airport :D would be nice but really réally unrealistic ;)

And I sent an email to Madurodam (Holland in miniature) if I can make some pictures pf WG1 there. Everything important in the Netherlands is gathered there in mini!

http://www.smartdodo.com/gallery/albums/madurodam/normal_dsc_2655.jpg

http://www.smartdodo.com/gallery/albums/madurodam/normal_dsc_2656.jpg

vax6335
05-30-2007, 03:12 AM
Just for the record, there's a 6 in my screen name, but I think everyone gets the idea.... ;-)

Murocflyer
05-30-2007, 03:18 AM

Rabbitcreekok
05-30-2007, 03:20 AM
Just a thought.

It seems that lots of folks think the photo of a prominent landmark has to be from the air. I don't plan to do any aerial photography, since I don't do that now. My photo will be of me holding WG1 in front of a nice local landmark.

Raad almost removed himself because he could not fly near the Pyramids. I believe he said in a later post that the local club said he could fly at their field. That would seem to be OK. He could be five miles from the pyramids, holding WG1 and they would show up, since they are pretty big.

Of course, AP photos will be appreciated, but for documentation, I would guess we need a photo of WG1 in front of the local landmark to prove it was there. The aerial photos could be taken from anything.

Grasshopper
05-30-2007, 03:36 AM
I'm with you Jim. I don't plan on doing AP with it even though I do AP. If everyone tries attaching their camera to it, there may not be much left of the plane in the end.

aviatordave
05-30-2007, 03:39 AM
I'm with you Jim. I don't plan on doing AP with it even though I do AP. If everyone tries attaching their camera to it, there may not be much left of the plane in the end.

ya...you guys have a point....maybe we should just keep it a plane all by itself. Modding seems to cause problems and we dont want to ruin it for the rest of the players.

dinsour
05-30-2007, 03:42 AM
I just ran across this thread. Don't know how I missed it before. I haven't read all 24 pages of posts, only the first one and a few in between. 24 is the last page I read so I might have missed it but I have one sugestion. In the first post it was mentioned that each pilot could put a small sticker on the plane. You might want to reconsider that as it might add a considerable amout of weight to the plane. (40 LBS or so) A better Idea might be to put them on the container that will hold it instead.
All in all it sounds exciting and I will look forward to reading about the trip. GOOD LUCK and happy flying.

---------73 Ron

smokejohnson
05-30-2007, 03:42 AM
Look at the list of users currently viewing this thread. :ws:

smokejohnson
05-30-2007, 03:47 AM
Maybe you could join the project and take some shots next to the falls dinsour.

Here are the guidelines (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20138) for participation. Including stickers.

Grasshopper
05-30-2007, 03:49 AM
Maybe you could join the project and take some shots next to the falls dinsour.

Here are the guidelines (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20138) for participation. Including stickers.

Just don't fly it over them:<

dinsour
05-30-2007, 03:54 AM
Thanks fer the offer smoking john. I have lived around here for 73 years and have only been to the falls about 6 times. Last time was to gamble in the casino. (LOST OF COURSE LOL).
I'll pass on participating but will watch with interest.

------73 Ron :ws:

Kat
05-30-2007, 04:17 AM
Well,let me put it this way......... i can't really think of a landmark..... ?? ?? ?? I will look, but it will probably be just at a park, or in front of the town sign..... ?? ?? ?? huh?

bronney
05-30-2007, 04:33 AM
What a relieve to find out it won't be AP. :) I think when it finally kicks off, we need a new thread solely to keep track on the status. 1 post per participant logging the flight and mailing status so the next guy can be alerted.

Well then I've got lotsa landmarks here for photos.

aviatordave
05-30-2007, 05:38 AM
Hey Broney -

glad you made it! Do you know anyone else out there? Maybe China?

Spencer J
05-30-2007, 05:53 AM
Shipping to China is probally a bad idea since it is VERY expencive, and there are no RCers on WF from China, and a new guy might keep it.

aviatordave
05-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Shipping to China is probally a bad idea since it is VERY expencive, and there are no RCers on WF from China, and a new guy might keep it.

I dont agree. I've bought stuff from China and the shipping was not that bad. There are alot of new guys already on board, should we be wary of them also?

{edit - to clarify, bronney is a reputable flyer in Hong Kong. Possibly he knows some other flyers in Asia}

Spencer J
05-30-2007, 06:25 AM
Nope. Not to be racist or anything, but older American men (Makes up most of WF) are much driffrent than the Chinese labor force...

aviatordave
05-30-2007, 06:29 AM
Nope. Not to be racist or anything, but older American men (Makes up most of WF) are much driffrent than the Chinese labor force...

Its not only racist, but its generalization. How much life have you spent outside of the USA?

Airhead
05-30-2007, 06:44 AM
Well,let me put it this way......... i can't really think of a landmark..... ?? ?? ?? I will look, but it will probably be just at a park, or in front of the town sign..... ?? ?? ?? huh?
A park or a town sign would be great...:)

Spencer J
05-30-2007, 06:45 AM
:) Not only is it a generalization, but it has truth. (Why else did I use the word most?) Is it bad for me to generalize the fact that most right wing guys will vote for right wing Canaanite? Well having worked with allot of Chinese business men in the past, many will not care if you mess up in their favor and over pay for something. It's 007's plane, do what you want. I'm just recommending for it not to be done. A concerned member from China would be different, but at the moment we do not have one on WattFlyer and it will take some time for a new member to build a 'rep' and prove that he really flies planes and has a fleet and loves balsa and foamurgy and not a guy working out of a breif case (Which I might add there are ALLLLLLLLOT of!!!!!!)

stinkweed007
05-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Ok, guys.. Stop. There will be no stereotyping in this project. I just will NOT have it. So if the guy is from China or Mars is of absolutely NO concequence. a portion of your concern IS however genuine. I too am weary of first time posters, for the reasons of experience. However I will not judge them. Currently we have pilots AROUND THE WORLD who range in age from 13 to 70+ and we are not barking at them!!

The way to handle this is simple and harmless. all I need to do is ask Bronney... "Bronney, Welcome to WattFlyer!! tell me about flying in China!! Do you have many restrictions there? I hear its quite strict. What do you fly?"

Project Control.. Here are the facts..
AP and AV are NOT requirements. Many pilots however wish to do so. That is fine with a Proven rig.

(rules 6 and 17) Only country stickers will grace WG1 (plus handwriting and WF stickers). the rest are to be stuck on the Inside of the box for that "worldly" feel or on your Log page.

aviatordave
05-30-2007, 07:32 AM
Ok, guys.. Stop. There will be no stereotyping in this project. I just will NOT have it.

Thats just what I was saying, thanks for reiterating.

Everyones welcome.

Numb Thumbs
05-30-2007, 08:20 AM
StinkWeed

I have passed the word to a few clubs scattered around Oz so hopefully you will get some more flyers from here. I shall pass it on to Internet buddies in the Netherlands and Portugal as well, and a few in the USA! I has spent much more time on rcgroups so I will pass iton to a few members there who might be good to get involved.

I tend to agree with the idea of limiting what is stuck on the plane. Keep it to a bare minimum.

Cheers

bronney
05-30-2007, 08:56 AM
China-man™

Yes HKG is part of China now, but if you noticed on most registration proceses on the web, Hong Kong is still an item on the pull down list apart from mainland :P. Most kongers don't align themselves with the mainland Chinese, especially the ones born when hkg was still a colony. Even now, our legal systems and economics model do not reflect what the mainland does.

I actually have dual citizenship, lived in Canada for 12 years :) I am both HKG Citizen and Canadian yay!

As to the strict rules on rc flying. I have no info regarding mainland. But Hong Kong has a pretty lax rule as long as you don't interfere in the no fly zone (airport, mil. base, etc.), and always give real scale right of way. For more info:

Government Weather pages encourages rc flying:
http://www.hko.gov.hk/aviat/soaring/index.htm

Government Guidelines on rc flying:
http://www.cad.gov.hk/english/model_aircraft.html

As to flying experience, I've only been flying for a year. But I think I can handle a WD. The only important thing here is probably the CG. I regularly fly my 3D and Slowstick AP. And had been getting help while helping others whenever I can on RCG. I also read WF regularly, just didn't post any. I've included a shot from 2 weeks ago. And some vids of my AV's on youtube. Hope they serve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL08Rq-il-U
and related ones including accidents on the right.

[EDIT] aviatordave, sorry but I don't know anyone flying in China. We have a regular group in Hong Kong though. One of them will help me take the pic of the WD in flight. :)

sadkingbilly
05-30-2007, 09:05 AM
StinkWeed

I have passed the word to a few clubs scattered around Oz so hopefully you will get some more flyers from here. I shall pass it on to Internet buddies in the Netherlands and Portugal as well, and a few in the USA! I has spent much more time on rcgroups so I will pass iton to a few members there who might be good to get involved.

I tend to agree with the idea of limiting what is stuck on the plane. Keep it to a bare minimum.

Cheers
Yes, hurry, get more people from the Netherlands involved! I'll be happy to share my flying field with them (or travel a bit to meet them on theirs) when they want to participate!

They can contact me trough here or via my website (www.sadkingbilly.com (http://www.sadkingbilly.com)) to make arrangements.

Stink,
How big the log is gonna be? I counted over 50 ppl on your list and I'm sure more will want to fly it and be a part of this (just like me ;)), I think it needs to be a bit sturdy to survive :)

Oh one more question, I'm to send it to London when I had my turn (should be expensive, offshore), can you tell me the weight of the complete package including box? And the size? (and do you already have some pictures of that)? After all, it's just two days before "take off"..

Alwin

Son of Paleface
05-30-2007, 09:52 AM
Bronney , I think the CG will be CLEARLY marked , so dont worry , As long as you can fly an aileron ship with confidence , you'll be ok , Ian

stinkweed007
05-30-2007, 10:08 AM
NumbThumbs,
I think thats great!! PLEASE talk to SOP if there are any changes. He has decided to make this trek, I am not in the position to tell him where to drive, so please talk with him. If he can't or wont go to a location, I will not make him. He's already doing so much!! let me know the outcome so that I can make route adjustments if need be!!

Bronney,
Actually took me by surprise!! I really had the thought that SE Asia was a little more restrictive than that!! Again, Welcome to the project!

Vax,
sorry about the 6. There's actually a Q in mine.. but its silent ;p

Airhead
05-30-2007, 10:14 AM
hey.. I was close!! when working in 3d with a 2d map.. its a bit hard to see.. hey... I confused England with France on one map.. and Tazmainia with New Zealand on a few.. I got the right hemisphere!!!

Long day.. thats all. ;p
Hey Stink,
We (all of us Wattheadz) appreciate all your effort and work to make this project a reality...:ws: The participants and the spectators are already having a good time..;-) Thanks to you...

Son of Paleface
05-30-2007, 10:49 AM
[quote=stinkweed007;203573]NumbThumbs,
I think thats great!! PLEASE talk to SOP if there are any changes. He has decided to make this trek, I am not in the position to tell him where to drive, so please talk with him. If he can't or wont go to a location, I will not make him. He's already doing so much!! let me know the outcome so that I can make route adjustments if need be!!

Crikey Stink , you'll have to stop all this , otherwise my head will be that big I wont be able to get into the car :Q :Q ;-) cummonnnnnnn(Leyton Hewitt)
No worries (David murries) , I have allready sent Numbie ;-) a PM , all under control...........................(i think) :)

stinkweed007
05-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Groovy (Hendrix) I just dont want to make you run circles around Oz just because you had a cool idea about driving. I wont stop ya.. but I wont push ya either.

I think many will be watching your trip very closely.. you will be WF's Reality TV Downunder.

Geoff_Gino
05-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Hi SW

Check your PM's

stinkweed007
05-30-2007, 11:37 AM
got it.. I have another idea.. I'll get with ya in a bit

Son of Paleface
05-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Im off to bed , ni nite

sadkingbilly
05-30-2007, 03:55 PM
I really hope I can sent WG1 to London cheaper than I just heard. Pricing goes from €95 to €140 to send it (and be able to track her)

As much fun as I think it will be, my wife will kill me when I spend that much just on transport..

dinsour
05-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Im know there a million things to consider with a project like this. I hate to add one more, BUT has anyone thought about inspections and duty fees some countrys charge on international shipments? I had to pay 20 dollaes US on a gift sent from Germany. My son sent my wife a small Hummel for christmas that cost him sixty-five dolars. The US costums have a book listing the manfactures listed retail price of them. They however were looking at the wrong one. I complained about the cost but they never replied back. They just kept my money.
--Maybe I'm just over reacting about this ,but I can see where this could be a real hard ship on someone in say Russia or Africa. I sure would hate to see the project short circiuted by some customs agent in Mexico or some other country. Just a thought guys. Maybe in my old age I'm a bit parinoid. :sad:

----------------73 Ron

sadkingbilly
05-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Ron,

No, you're not paranoid I encountered the same problem. When shipping international from the Netherlands they want to know the value of the package. I estimated it €160 (that's how much the set costs here) and my jaw dropped when I heard them tell it will cost me more than half the price of the plane just to send it off. Way more. Idiots :(

When that will happen often after her journey WG1 will finally cost as much as a very decent 1/2 scale plane. Including motor and electrics.

Slowjohn
05-30-2007, 06:01 PM
Somewhere back in all of this that subject came up several times. I believe SW was going to try and contact a few of the better shippers to try and work that out. Any word SW? There are also several on board who have said that they'll be able to pitch in and not let WG1 get stranded. We may not want to declare full value but then again... I know that there's a lot of reading in the back pages but I for one believe SW and all of those who have chipped in with their concerns have just about thought of everything except who's supplying the Champagne when this is over :ws:?

Standing By,
Slwonjohn

RacerPaul
05-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Great idea SW... I remember some Tiger Moth threads a while ago with a similar effort... proly on RC Groups...

Furthest East I've seen on your posted routing seems to be Brooklyn NY... I'm further East, near the Hamptons and not far from Montauk Point... THE END of Long Island, Bellport NY... http://www.bellport.com/

Paul

dinsour
05-30-2007, 07:07 PM
OK slowjohn:</p>
I may have been over reacting. I said earlier that I haven't read all the posts. Just enough to get a bit excited about your project. I think it is a great idea to do something like this.
---The only reason I mentioned it was I have a daughter-inlaw who is from Mexico and she sends packages requlary to her parents there. Only 1 in 5 make it through customs. The custms people have a blank check when it comes to privete import shipments. They open them up and if they see something they like they just take it. The government never checks up on their workers. Hell, the chief of police in her home town drives an SUV that still has California plates on it. Somebody stole it in California and drove it across the border and sold it to the Chief of police.
---Maybe Mexico is the exception, but who knows what happens in other countries.
-I'll just keep my mouth shut and watch your progress. I hope you guys pull this thing off. It would be great for the hobby. :red:

---------------73 Ron

EUT
05-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Where is the routing posted??

Slowjohn
05-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Actually I wasn't picking at anyone just trying to let some of the newcomers to the thread know that those concerns have been covered. They are also very real concerns by everyone. Hopefully with the tracking a not so honest person no matter where they are will think twice or better yet realize WG1 for what it is and take special care of it. We can only hope and pray nothing happens like a sticky fingered :mad: %I&%@ ending the trip early.

Standing By,
Slowjohn

Slowjohn
05-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Page 23 post # 568

stinkweed007
05-30-2007, 07:50 PM
the proposed route is in post 568 on page 23. there is some updates since then... as there will be throughout the project.

Duty fees and inspections can be avoided or lessened when we all make sure that we put the Actual contents on the customs sheets and that it is stated that it is a personal GIFT and not promotional or business oriented(because in truth, it isnt)

Thief protection will also be better if we all adhear to NOT putting anything on the exterior of the box except the shipping stuff.. no signatures.. no stickers.. to "round the world" themed slogans.. Nothing..

aviatordave
05-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Maybe the proposed route can go under the 'rules and guidelines' thread....and updated as needed by SW.

stinkweed007
05-30-2007, 08:10 PM
never thought of that... Good Idea!!!

sadkingbilly
05-30-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm afraid It's too expensive for me to do this.. :{
This are the rates I got from the national postoffice:

12:00 Express 165.58
Global Express 132.48
Economy Express 83.21
EU-Express 82.12

I'm sorry but I can't explain to my wife spending that much money. I was counting on rates of 20-30 euro.. So unless somebody from the Netherlands wants to join in with me and share the expense this'll be the end of project Globetrotter for me.. :sad:

SW, can you give the final weight and sizes of the box? Because I think the real problem is the size (you said you want to tape the wings together so that'll make the box rather large) and perhaps the weight. So, if anybody wants to (and can) help me I'll be glad to pay my share.

I really hope you understand my position.. :<

Spencer J
05-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Are there other rates besdies for the $$$ express mail?

sadkingbilly
05-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Are there other rates besdies for the $$$ express mail?
I will ask again tomorrow at the post office, this is all I found online and got back on my question via email. I really hope there are!

Only, then I need the weight and size of the box so I can give them all the information I can.

Oh, and nice prices on that website of yours :) how much will transport to the Netherlands be for some brushless motors etc?

Son of Paleface
05-30-2007, 11:00 PM
Stinky , I havent heard from your PM re SKYPE , so here it is , To keep shipping costs to an absolute minimum , The wing can be reinforced with carbon strip around the wing box/tounge to spread the load out into the wing and a decent wing tounge/joiner made from glass circut board , to allow the wing to be two pieces , this and the exlusion of the charger will reduce the size and weight of the box.........again just a suggestion , but I feel guys like Geoff and Booma will really appreciate a cheaper send

h8tobu
05-30-2007, 11:47 PM
When it gets to Mesa Arizona I would like to take it up. I will be flying with crxmanpat.
Thanks

Spencer J
05-30-2007, 11:57 PM
Wow....getting though all of those pilots without having a bad flight would be cool! Hopefully the plane will keep up, I sure think it will. :D At least with a little packing tape.....

The other thing that would affect flight would be the weight gain of all of those stickers on the wing. Hopefully pilots will use a little sense and not get over zealous and put a big bumper sticker on the wing panel.

crxmanpat
05-31-2007, 12:02 AM
Hey Thomas, thanks for chiming in. I'll try to get Joe and Brian on board as well. Joe flew the famous Tiger Moth, and I'm sure he'll want to get in on this as well.

DavidWent
05-31-2007, 12:03 AM
I'm pretty sure it was decided no stickers on the plane other than one each country sticker

David

Son of Paleface
05-31-2007, 12:29 AM
Stinky has said that Wattflyer and country stickers will be allowed on the wing
Please read post 480 Ian

P/S the fuzz is made of 'oilytype' polyethelyn blowmolded and sharpie type maker pens rub off , so if we're going to 'sign' the plane we will need some kind of "compatiable marking pen"......Me

stinkweed007
05-31-2007, 01:42 AM
SKB, I will have weights and dimensions tomorow evening (my time) Lets not jump yet. I will be setting up a PayPal account for assistance donations. additionally I will give a DETAILED useage report to all those who wish to use this means to help the other pilots.

Many are eager to help, and many need it. So lets give it a shot!

DavidWent
05-31-2007, 01:45 AM
Count me in on helping out

David

smokejohnson
05-31-2007, 01:50 AM
LOL I love the saying under your name. Famous last words of a red neck.

aviatordave
05-31-2007, 02:13 AM
SKB, I will have weights and dimensions tomorow evening (my time) Lets not jump yet. I will be setting up a PayPal account for assistance donations. additionally I will give a DETAILED useage report to all those who wish to use this means to help the other pilots.

Many are eager to help, and many need it. So lets give it a shot!

I'll help out as well...TEAMWORK

Son of Paleface
05-31-2007, 02:47 AM
Stinky , any chance of some answers to some of my questions , like post 623 ect
I am P/M able

Airhead
05-31-2007, 03:50 AM
:tc: Count me in, I'm part of this TEAM....:ws:

Murocflyer
05-31-2007, 03:57 AM
1 day and a wake up :)

Looking forward to the maiden pics and shipping pics to let us know the WG1 is on its way!

Frank

Flyer 1
05-31-2007, 06:49 AM
Hey, I'm back, have been gone for a couple of months for health problems and look at what happens! A cool project like this.
Well, I'm IN, in any way possible. For flying, $$, anything - I haven't had a chance to read the entire thread but it's definitely a "gotta do".
PM me with any requests for anything; I'm on-board.
Flyer

Son of Paleface
05-31-2007, 07:56 AM
Ok Flyer , please send me $200 :Q

Murocflyer
05-31-2007, 11:04 AM
Well I think someone is wanting an ESC.

Slowjohn
05-31-2007, 03:51 PM
My Prayers have been answered, Thanks Flyer 1.

stinkweed007
05-31-2007, 05:58 PM
::o 24 Hours till WG1 maiden!!::o
Reminders,
:{ This Thread will close upon my maiden post in the Mission thread
:tc: Mission thread will be in the General Discussion cat.
;-) Updated pilots lists and maps will be viewable in the Rules thread once we begin.
:ws: Pilot lists will NEVER be closed and people can join at any time durring the mission but should pay attention to guidelines 3 and 8 in the rules and guidelines when joining once underway.

more later..

Im working out the PayPal Shippment help guidelines right now. Weights and dimensions are being worked right now as well.

Tinman
05-31-2007, 07:00 PM
Im getting excited now!

Woo hoooo!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Stink!

Kat
05-31-2007, 09:18 PM
So close, yet so far away. the maiden will be tomorrow, but won't get it for a LONG time.

stinkweed007
05-31-2007, 09:42 PM
dont we know anyone on the continent of South America? It just dawned on me that we are only missing SoAm to have flown on all 6 inhabited continents...

aviatordave
05-31-2007, 09:51 PM
I can dig a little. I used to know someone from Brazil that flew RC....I'll look...

{edit - just sent CEBOLA a PM}

Grasshopper
05-31-2007, 09:52 PM
Arck is in Peru. He used to be on here a lot with Alienx on the warbird builds.

Crash9
06-01-2007, 12:29 AM
How did I miss this thread til now. I must be sleeping at the wheel....

Tinman
06-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Its a great thread Crash, Stinkweed is really making his vision come to life. Come aboard!

Airhead
06-01-2007, 04:32 AM
Hey Crash,
Good to hear from you.... :)

Stink...I can't wait any longer till liftoff......:tc:

Frank Voikel
06-01-2007, 07:35 AM
Countdown... 10... 9... 8... 3... 6... 5...1...2... Liftdown!

stinkweed007
06-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Ok yall, I have created a PayPal donation post in the Rules and Guidelines thread. Donations have no minimum or maximum and are COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY. Read the complete post please. PayPal has been seen as the fastest, cheapest, confidential and most do'able solution to getting assistance around the world.

Donation, again, is NOT manditory. but if you know you have an easy part in this journey, it would really help out if you sent a few bucks to help those who have the harder spots.

8 HOURS TILL MAIDEN!!!

Kat
06-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Like me. JUNE 1st is here!!!!!!

stinkweed007
06-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Funny thing happened on the way to Me. The original "WG1 to be" was delivered damaged, not the box but 2 important pieces of WG1, in the box, were busted. clock ticking, I went to my LHS.

I would like to give a Enormous Thank You to my LHS guy Hr. Lorenz for his fast and cosiderate help!! Without him, our project would not have started today!!

:ws: Ich möchte ein grosses Danke Schön geben zu Hr. Lorenz für seine schnelle und rücksichtsvolle Hilfe!! Ohne deine Hilfe würden wir nicht in der Lage sein, rechtzeitig zu beginnen.:ws:

Maiden postponed for just 2 hours!!! Without him, It could have been much worse!

stinkweed007
06-01-2007, 07:54 PM
I would like to say farewell to thread 19141. I am off to take advantage of the break in the weather..

and
::o Maiden WG1 ::o

When I return I will post the start of the Mission thread.. and a link to it from here when I close the thread.

Airhead
06-01-2007, 08:30 PM
:ws: Woohooo......:ws:
Have a good flight Stink....;-)

Can't wait to hear from you..

Grasshopper
06-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Ding..Ding....And we're off!

The maiden heard round the world.

This is cool.

Slowjohn
06-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Hot Diggity Dogs. Here we go, Up Up & Away!!!

RacerPaul
06-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Go Like Stink!!

aviatordave
06-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Pulse is racing.....starting to sweat.....knees are wobbling....

Rabbitcreekok
06-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Off we go, into the wild blue yonder.............

Tinman
06-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Bye bye thread..........you will be missed :(

crxmanpat
06-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Go Stink Go!

Anxiously awaiting the maiden report and new thread!

Don Sims
06-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Allllllriggghhhht Stink! Hope the maiden went as planned!

dinsour
06-01-2007, 09:40 PM
My post didn't make it?? So I'll try again..

--Ok Stink, execute PROJECT WG1. May the angles fly escort for the plane for the entire mission. Good luck guys.

----73 Ron :)

billmac55
06-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Hi,
Count me in. Scarborough, North Yorkshire, England.

Son of Paleface
06-01-2007, 10:53 PM
billmac 55 , Welcome 'o' semi frozen one , from wet Down Under

stinkweed007
06-01-2007, 11:12 PM
The mission has begun!!!
The project has moved to the Mission phase.
Over a month of planning has built a project we can all be proud of!!!

please follow the links below

PROJECT GLOBETROTTER MISSION (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20343)

Globetrotter Rules, Guidelines, Donations,Route (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20138)

Project Globetrotter Planning Thread (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19141)