PDA

View Full Version : Mini Funtana down

firemanbill
11-25-2007, 10:10 PM
Well Yesterday was a great day of flying... today not so good for my boy.

He has been doing very well here lately and was doing great today too. He was doing an aileron roll at about 10 ft and was cooking along pretty good. he rolled 1 1/2 times to inverted and then pulled straight up... into the ground...

That whole down is up and up is down thing bit him... I think he meant to stop the roll at 1 and pull straight out to a climb but that extra half got him... He was truly heartbroke... I felt so sorry for him. This was his first real hard crash. It had to come sooner or later but to see him in tears hurt. But on the other hand it felt kind of good to know that he cares that much and that it means that much to him to fly well.

Oh well... She may be repairable. Would require a complete rebuild of the fuse so it may not be worth it. I'm still on the fence since he has the Mini Edge to go over to.

On the bright side one of the club instructors was there, very nice guy, and he was encouraging him all along. Real postive fella that talked about how good of a flyer Mason is already. He volunteered to take him on and show him some stuff that is beyond my ability to teach him. He is real excited now about that.

Anyway... scratch one Funtana...

jrookie
11-25-2007, 10:20 PM
thats to bad bill I had one of those today to I broke the scratch built deltas shaft ans the strykers servos are messed up again

firemanbill
11-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Sorry to hear that Joe... Some days are just like that though... Keep at it!

jrookie
11-25-2007, 10:43 PM
ok can do thanks bill

pburt1975
11-25-2007, 11:59 PM
That whole down is up and up is down thing bit him

Ahh Bill thats one of those lessons you dont want to learn the hard way

He's tough and will rebound in no time, hes got good guidance.

FlyingMonkey
11-26-2007, 12:16 AM
As one that is quite experienced at crashing, I felt like commenting here.

But I will refrain, for no matter what I write, I will be accused of hijacking the thread.

Liquidity
11-26-2007, 12:29 AM
As one that is quite experienced at crashing, I felt like commenting here.

But I will refrain, for no matter what I write, I will be accused of hijacking the thread.

Stay on topic please.

I have had my share of those up down moments. I was screaming my Lynx around rolling the length of the Hodges field. Stopped the roll, pulled up. WHAM!!!!

A part of the hobby I guess :)

firemanbill
11-26-2007, 12:32 AM
On the bright side my $18 carbon landing gear strut held up...:rolleyes:

Yeah part of the hobby... He'll be back at it again. Can't keep him down for long.

Alpea42
12-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Tell him this one Bill.My wife got mad at me once eeerrrrr ok twice.So while I was away she took down my Funtana hanging innocently from the garage ceiling hammered it on the garage floor.Then did the watusi war dance on its ashes.I had to retrieve it from the trash can.

EpoweredRc
12-20-2007, 08:56 PM
ouch, well thats the hard way to learn but at least hes flying, tell him we all do things like that, its his first but will not be the last if he wants to fly for years to come.

firemanbill
12-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Yeah he is ok with it now. He has seen some of my trips out with a baggie to pick up the pieces. He knows it's all part of it. He was with me at SEFF when I did this...

Bub Steve
12-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Yeah he is ok with it now. He has seen some of my trips out with a baggie to pick up the pieces. He knows it's all part of it. He was with me at SEFF when I did this...

49862Bill::The ESC's look well ventilated now! need some carbon land'in gear myself, an look at all the goodies thats go'in on the next plane (or planes) your bub, steve

firemanbill
12-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Yeah about as ventilated as they can get huh Steve!

All that gear went into a new airframe and she's flyin again!

Bub Steve
12-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Bill::Planes are like life in that no matter how broke or busted you are you gotta get up and go again, bub,steve

firemanbill
12-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Boy I sure know that feelin' Steve! But what's my health got to with it...:o:)

Bub Steve
12-20-2007, 11:26 PM
BillBub::Play on word'in I guess,I work WAY to hard for a 56 year old, and I do'nt make much so I'm hurt'in and out of money most the time! as long as I can fly too I won't change a thing!!alas, I digress, bub steve

firemanbill
12-21-2007, 01:19 AM
Oh I know what ya mean...;):D