PDA

View Full Version : Reviews Section?

gzsfrk
01-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Hey all!

I love this site more everyday... I learn so much just from reading the various threads, particularly in the Beginner forum.

But one thing that would be VERY helpful, it occurred to me, would be if WattFlyer had a "Reviews" section, wherein known brand/models of electric RC planes could be listed, and then underneath each model, users could submit their own reviews for those planes. Readers could then rate the reviews for quality, and perhaps even have it so that the reviewers could have an aggregate "Reviewer Score" based on the average rating of all the reviews and how many reviews they have submitted.

For an example of something very similiar to what I'm thinking, you could check out a site like ProjectorCentral.com (http://www.projectorcentral.com/home.cfm) (lists detailed information on and allows reviews of almost every home theater and business projector). On there, you can drill through their database of projectors a variety of ways, either by manufacturer, model, specific specs (brightness, resolution, etc.). And then, once you click on a particular projector model, it lists all the specifications for that model along with all the listed user reviews.

Or, there are sites like GameFAQs.com (http://www.gamefaqs.com/) (lists information on videogames) which is very similiar, in that it lets you search for and list games based on a variety of factors (publisher, platform, genre, etc.), and then allows users to submit their own formatted reviews and ratings for each game.

In addition to the reviews, it would be nice to have a repository/database of information on as many electric RC models as possible. I'm not aware of one that's already out there--does anyone else know of such a site on the web? In any case, I would value the opinions of the folks here more than those on most other sites. This really is a great community with some of the best, most helpful and courteous people I've read online. Sad that it's so rare to find such a group, but it's encouraging to come here and know that they DO, in fact, exist in at least a few small pocket on the net. :)

I would think there's probably some drop in open source web solution to do this, but I'm sure it would still be a good bit of work. Still, I for one would get a ton of use out of such a feature. I already wrote my first mini-review of my recently purchased SDM Piper Cub in the Beginners' Forum. I would love to likewise do some more reviews when I get new planes in the future.

Anyone else have any thoughts on such a site feature? Think it would be value added, or just a waste of web development effort?

Don Sims
01-22-2008, 01:01 AM
Great suggestion, I'll move this to site suggestions so Mike and Marc can see it. We already have the ability to start a thread in review mode.

Murocflyer
01-22-2008, 01:07 AM
I agree, that's a great idea. Like a consolidated listing of all E-RC stuff!

Best idea all year (well except for the WF member location idea ;))

Frank

gzsfrk
01-22-2008, 02:06 AM
Great suggestion, I'll move this to site suggestions so Mike and Marc can see it. We already have the ability to start a thread in review mode.

Whoops--sorry. I should have put it in this forum in the first place. But for some reason, I didn't notice it before now. :)

Thanks for putting it where it belongs!

Mike Parsons
01-22-2008, 03:41 PM
I have this on the list of research items. Good suggestion :)

admin
01-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Do you mean something like this:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/product%5Fguide/

Mike Parsons
01-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Well...there you go :)

gzsfrk
01-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Do you mean something like this:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/product%5Fguide/ (http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_guide/)

Wow... yeah, actually. That's almost exactly what I had in mind. Kind of sucks that you have to set up an account just to read reviews, though. Plus, I would still rather have the opinions of the RC'ers here than any other site. :)

EDIT: Also, I notice that the "Specs" section for each plane isn't yet working, which is definitely one of the most wanted features of such a database. Would be very nice to know all the info for the stock parts that come with the plane, as well as having more pictures of the planes, as well as any transmitter that comes bundled with it. Of course, it could just be that most of the entries are yet to be populated with any reviews or pictures. There are quite a number of ratings (mini reviews?) on several of the planes I checked, though. All in all, it's still a really nice site.

Murocflyer
02-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Can we revisit this idea please?

Can you make an Icon for a review thread? I'd really like to see WF have its own review section with reviews done by our own WF members -how cool would that be?

Short of that, can you make a Review Icon so it can alert viewers that the thread is a review of an item? Then can we have that a search-able item?

See the OPs review of the seaplane. I think we should have a way to find these reviews easily if we where looking for a new plane and wanted to see if a review was done on it.

Just a thought.

Thanks,

Frank

Mike Parsons
02-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Frank,
I am working on a couple of things that might bring this to life.

gfdengine204
02-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Gotta love Da Penguin! Thanks Mike!

gzsfrk
02-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Having that flagging option in place, as well as perhaps the ability to track how many plane/part reviews a user has posted, might encourage more users to post reviews, too.

Murocflyer
02-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Frank,

That's great news Mike. Thanks again for all your efforts and your willingness to make WF the the greatest RC forum in the world.

Frank

gzsfrk
02-08-2008, 08:31 PM
That's great news Mike. Thanks again for all your efforts and your willingness to make WF the the greatest RC forum in the world.

Frank

Quoted for truth.

Seriously--I used to hang out and comment in several different forums (EvilAvatar.com and Joystiq.com for videogames, Slashdot.org for tech news, etc.), but since coming here and seeing how friendly and helpful almost everyone around here is, I can't hardly stand to read, let alone post in, the other forums any more.

It's just so nice to be able to come in here and read/post and not have to worry about the hate and bile (other than the "Gas is dying" thread, perhaps. ;) )

Of course, not having a Politics & Religion forum helps a lot too. :) I fully support that decision.

gfdengine204
02-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Well, we HAD a politics and religion section , but after much prayer, we took a vote, and had them abolished.....

:)

Murocflyer
02-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Well, we HAD a politics and religion section , but after much prayer, we took a vote, and had them abolished.....

:)

Good one Kev. You got me laughing out loud on that one.

Frank

gfdengine204
02-08-2008, 08:57 PM
That's me, Frank! Glad you enjoyed it.

Be sure to click a ThankYou for me. :)

aviatordave
02-09-2008, 02:30 AM
Frank,

You prob already saw this, http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30405

one of the better reviews here on WF. I saw RCU's review section, was quite impressed with the complexity but do we need that much?

Mike Parsons
02-09-2008, 03:01 AM
Dave,
I dont think we need to recreate the wheel (aka RCU's already great format). But that thread did give me some of the ideas I am working on. My thought was this:

What if any member can click a button to indicate that the thread they are starting is a build review or general review. Said thread takes a pre-designed format and presents a template to the thread starter. Thread starter fills out all of the information, text etc and when satisfied hits submit. The thread is now tagged as "Build Review" or "Product Review" etc.
First post is formated with the review template and it is logged as such in a searcheable engine.

Not even close to breathing air into it, but that is my thought.

gfdengine204
02-09-2008, 03:17 AM
Mike,

As a preliminary thought, that sounds excellent. From the standpoint of my doing my first real build thread with the Miss Stick Junior (yeah I know Tom, "Pinky"), it would have been nice to have a "format" to follow.

So far, I am liking what you are working on here more and more.

aviatordave
02-09-2008, 06:57 AM
Sure, sounds good mike. A template would be good and create consistancy to all the threads. Sounds like progress -

Murocflyer
02-09-2008, 08:03 AM
I agree. Sounds good. I like the standard format idea and the searchable feature very much.

Frank

Lieutenant Loughead
02-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Sign me up for some review writing... :)

Mr. Baggins
03-07-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm up for a review or two myself. I love to pontificate :)

Mike Parsons
03-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Almost done with it!

Mr. Baggins
03-07-2008, 08:39 PM
I like the every man reviews as opposed to the OEM slanted/biased ones. Just regular old folks chiming in you know. Seen enough of the shameless promotion stuff. Looking forward to it.

Mike Parsons
03-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Yep, This is purely member driven and opinions will be those of the authors. Additional members can rate the product as well as rate the authors article :)

Mike Parsons
03-07-2008, 09:33 PM
This system will also support multiple pages. So you can an additional 7 pages to the article either at the time it is written or at a later date. Useful for follow up reports etc.

FlyWheel
03-08-2008, 12:19 AM
Dave,
I dont think we need to recreate the wheel (aka RCU's already great format). But that thread did give me some of the ideas I am working on. My thought was this:

What if any member can click a button to indicate that the thread they are starting is a build review or general review. Said thread takes a pre-designed format and presents a template to the thread starter. Thread starter fills out all of the information, text etc and when satisfied hits submit. The thread is now tagged as "Build Review" or "Product Review" etc.
First post is formated with the review template and it is logged as such in a searcheable engine.

Not even close to breathing air into it, but that is my thought.

Good idea. If you wanted to start a forum though, might I suggest it be divided much like the rest of WF; warbirds, parkflyers, flying and delta wings, sailplanes/hi performance, etc? Someone starts a thread on a particular bird using the "standardized form", submitting it to the correct sub-forum. Then other contributions/comments on that particular make/model would be submitted as replies to that thread. You would then be able to look for a particular plane in it's respective category from amoungst the growing list, or, if it's not listed yet contribute your own review. This would keep things organized, Each plane in it's own thread..

gzsfrk
03-08-2008, 01:22 AM
This system will also support multiple pages. So you can an additional 7 pages to the article either at the time it is written or at a later date. Useful for follow up reports etc.

That all sounds great, Mike!

Maybe you'll have it done in time for me to write my review on the Exceed-RC Predator RQ-1L with the brushless and LiPo upgrades. (Still waiting on Raidentech to send me the rudder/tail fin that was missing from mine. :( )

I also got the Exceed RC Pitts Bipe w/brushless/LiPo to give to my brother for his birthday, and the GuanLi Jaguar for my Dad (this one was particularly terrible). So I've got several planes new planes I'll be able to write up some reviews on.

Now if only the weather would get nice so that I could do more flying and less typing. :)

Mr. Baggins
03-08-2008, 01:43 AM
I've got the following about to hit the bench:

MDC F-14 swing wing foamy
Dave Blum Jellybean park pattern plane
Extreme Flight Yak 47.5"

Murocflyer
03-08-2008, 01:56 AM
I've got a Stevens Aero Lil' SQuiRT waiting to build. I can bloviate a little on that for sure.

Frank

gfdengine204
03-08-2008, 02:00 AM
I've got a Stevens Aero Lil' SQuiRT waiting to build. I can bloviate a little on that for sure.

Frank

Frank,

I am sure a little Pepto Bismol would help with that......or maybe some Beano? :Q

Mike Parsons
03-08-2008, 02:39 AM
Good idea. If you wanted to start a forum though, might I suggest it be divided much like the rest of WF; warbirds, parkflyers, flying and delta wings, sailplanes/hi performance, etc? Someone starts a thread on a particular bird using the "standardized form", submitting it to the correct sub-forum. Then other contributions/comments on that particular make/model would be submitted as replies to that thread. You would then be able to look for a particular plane in it's respective category from amoungst the growing list, or, if it's not listed yet contribute your own review. This would keep things organized, Each plane in it's own thread..

If it works out the way I want, it will be in whatever thread the member posts it in. It wont be a stand alone forum, but will basically take a post within the existing forum (3D, warbird, batteries, etc) and transform it into an article. This is a long way off though.

That all sounds great, Mike!

Maybe you'll have it done in time for me to write my review on the Exceed-RC Predator RQ-1L

I am working on two bugs and then it is ready to go.

Mike Parsons
03-08-2008, 04:22 AM
Airplane Review section is live.

To get there, Simply click reviews on the top blue Nav bar.

Mr. Baggins
03-08-2008, 04:28 AM
Not seeing it Mike

Mike Parsons
03-08-2008, 04:59 AM
Oops..Hang on, forgot to change that permission level. BRB

Mike Parsons
03-08-2008, 05:00 AM
How about now?

gzsfrk
03-08-2008, 05:03 AM
How about now?

I'm still not seeing it just yet in either of the top two nav bars.

Mike Parsons
03-08-2008, 05:05 AM
Mental note...make change...hit save.

How about now? :)

Murocflyer
03-08-2008, 05:08 AM
Mental note...make change...hit save.

How about now? :)

That's got it Mike.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179

Game on.

Nice work.

Frank

Mike Parsons
03-08-2008, 05:12 AM
That's got it Mike.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179

Game on.

Nice work.

Frank

Thanks Frank.

Have at it. There are some general templates that I added in there such as Specifications, price etc, article resources etc. If anyone thinks of anything else that would be nice from a canned perspective let me know and Ill look at it. Otherwise the Article is yours to use your imagination with and format as you wish.

It has all of the capabilities that posting in a thread has, so it should be familiar to all (the main reason that this is the one we stuck with).

Everything should be self explanatory, but if not, just ask.

Mr. Baggins
03-08-2008, 05:22 AM
Looks great Mike

Mike Parsons
03-08-2008, 05:28 AM
Looks great Mike
Thank you sir.

I had to change one more permission level so if you tried to submit review and got a permission error, that should be fixed.

I am designing the modules for the other sections and we will be adding sections in the near future (Support Equipment, Batteries etc)

gzsfrk
03-08-2008, 05:54 AM
Super job, Mike! I'll copy in my Catalina review ASAP to give it a test run. :)

Kudos!

Mike Parsons
03-08-2008, 06:04 AM
Awesome. I am working on some code as a last minute thing to add latest reviews submitted into the user profile. And will hopefully get something banged out to show it in your post as well right under the photo code that shows how many gallery photos you have.

gzsfrk
03-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Hey Mike!

I really like the new Review section layout. The prepopulated areas should make it really handy for doing searches (if those are ultimately made searchable fields).

One quick thing, though--can you increase the size of the "Equipment Used" text box? The current size limitation makes it hard to enter all the information.

Btw, I entered my Catalina review as a test. One problem I encountered that I thought I'd ask you about is that all the pictures I had attached to my original post don't display correctly in the Review post. They show up as hyperlinks (which work, btw) rather than thumbnails of the images. Is that a problem with the way the review section is implemented, or is it just that I'm referencing pictures that were attached to a different post?

Thanks again for all your great work! I'll have some more reviews coming soon. :)

gzsfrk
03-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Oh! One more thing I meant to mention. Would it be possible to add a field to specify the manufacturer? I'd think that would be good information to have indexed so that down the road you might have the option of offering summary statistics per manufacturer/designer, such as maybe getting a composite score for the fields you allow the user to rank from 1-10. Just a thought. :)

Might also be nice if there was a field dedicated to letting you enter the plane the model is based on (Catalina, Piper Cub, Pitts, et. al.). That way, if someone was looking for a model of a specific real-world plane, they could search the reviews and maybe see what their options are for that craft.

Thanks again, and awesome job with this new upgrade to the site!

gzsfrk
03-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Ok... one more thing for the night and then I'm done--promise! :)

I noticed a couple weeks ago that the Google Video tag ({gvideo}) stopped working. I can use the {media} tag and get it to almost work--if you click the link, it zooms and opens right. But the preview image doesn't show. Any way we can get the GVIDEO tags enabled again?

That's all... bed time now. :)

Mike Parsons
03-08-2008, 05:02 PM
The prepopulated areas should make it really handy for doing searches (if those are ultimately made searchable fields).
- They will be searchable along with a few extra perks

One quick thing, though--can you increase the size of the "Equipment Used" text box? The current size limitation makes it hard to enter all the information.
- Yep

Btw, I entered my Catalina review as a test. One problem I encountered that I thought I'd ask you about is that all the pictures I had attached to my original post don't display correctly in the Review post. They show up as hyperlinks (which work, btw) rather than thumbnails of the images. Is that a problem with the way the review section is implemented, or is it just that I'm referencing pictures that were attached to a different post?
- Your referencing pictures from a different post. You'll need to reupload the photos as attachements again. Let me see if I can move your original post into the review section. That way it will keep all of the comments. I can leave a permenant redirect to the new article.

Oh! One more thing I meant to mention. Would it be possible to add a field to specify the manufacturer? I'd think that would be good information to have indexed so that down the road you might have the option of offering summary statistics per manufacturer/designer, such as maybe getting a composite score for the fields you allow the user to rank from 1-10. Just a thought. :)
- Yep. Ill work on formatting that. Added to the Roadmap for future enhancement.

Might also be nice if there was a field dedicated to letting you enter the plane the model is based on (Catalina, Piper Cub, Pitts, et. al.). That way, if someone was looking for a model of a specific real-world plane, they could search the reviews and maybe see what their options are for that craft.
- Added it to the Roadmap

Thanks again, and awesome job with this new upgrade to the site!
- Thanks and I am glad you like it :)

I noticed a couple weeks ago that the Google Video tag ({gvideo}) stopped working. I can use the {media} tag and get it to almost work--if you click the link, it zooms and opens right. But the preview image doesn't show. Any way we can get the GVIDEO tags enabled again?

- Ill get the gvideo tags replaced and work out why the preview image isnt showing up.

Mike Parsons
03-08-2008, 10:03 PM
I updated the links and merged the comments in with your article. Check to make sure I didnt screw anything up :)

Liquidity
03-08-2008, 10:59 PM
I've got the following about to hit the bench:

MDC F-14 swing wing foamy
Dave Blum Jellybean park pattern plane
Extreme Flight Yak 47.5"

I have that same YAK. I will start on that on Monday. I finally finished my slimers that were on the bench.

Is there anything we need to do to get on the review list. I dont want to review a plane that Bill is going to review. I jsut dont want to invest all the time documenting something, if someone else is already doing it.

I will chime in and voice my opinions on his review though :)

gzsfrk
03-08-2008, 11:34 PM
I have that same YAK. I will start on that on Monday. I finally finished my slimers that were on the bench.

Is there anything we need to do to get on the review list. I dont want to review a plane that Bill is going to review. I jsut dont want to invest all the time documenting something, if someone else is already doing it.

I will chime in and voice my opinions on his review though :)

I say don't hesitate to write your own review, even if it is of the same plane. The more opinions we have on any given model, the better. Besides, depending on your background, preferences, and years of experience, you could very well come away with a completely different and yet still totally legitimate perception of the plane than Bill does.

gzsfrk
03-08-2008, 11:36 PM
I updated the links and merged the comments in with your article. Check to make sure I didnt screw anything up :)

It seems to be a little bit screwy (have to click on the first link to open the review, then another link to read the "full review").

But I think it should still work fine. I imagine it's only behaving this way with this one review because of the way you had to shoe-horn existing comments in another thread into the review one.

Mr. Baggins
03-08-2008, 11:45 PM
By all means go ahead and do the Yak Liquidity. I'll be doing good to get one of mine done.

Mike Parsons
03-09-2008, 01:22 AM
It seems to be a little bit screwy (have to click on the first link to open the review, then another link to read the "full review").

But I think it should still work fine. I imagine it's only behaving this way with this one review because of the way you had to shoe-horn existing comments in another thread into the review one.

That is by design. What the format does is provides a summary of the first post (article) on every additional page. So page 2-infinity will have the summary as the first post.

Mike Parsons
03-09-2008, 05:06 AM
Roadmap update:

Add field for entering manufacturer: Complete
Increase Equipment used module: Complete. 500 characters
Recode Gvideo into the code list: Roadmap Item
Searchable fields added to code for searching by custom fields: Roadmap Item

Liquidity
03-09-2008, 05:09 AM
Ok Bill. I will start the Yak on monday and do my write up as I go.

gzsfrk
03-09-2008, 07:20 AM
Roadmap update:

Woo! All aboard the progress train... Toot, toot!! :)

One other minor thing... I noticed there's a typo in the header for the "Expereince Level Advised" section.

Mike Parsons
03-09-2008, 04:26 PM
spelling never was my strong suit ;)

Expereince changed to Experience. :D

gzsfrk
03-10-2008, 04:53 AM
Was the Reviews section taken back down? It's not showing on the nav bar at the top any more for me.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind. I just now noticed it's under the "Wattflyer Extras" section. Sneaky. :)

Mike Parsons
03-10-2008, 05:42 AM
LOL. Yeah, I am trying to organize things a bit up there.

PerlAddict
03-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Seriously--I used to hang out and comment in several different forums (EvilAvatar.com and Joystiq.com for videogames, Slashdot.org for tech news, etc.), but since coming here and seeing how friendly and helpful almost everyone around here is, I can't hardly stand to read, let alone post in, the other forums any more.

It's just so nice to be able to come in here and read/post and not have to worry about the hate and bile (other than the "Gas is dying" thread, perhaps. ;) )

Speaking of friendly faces ... hello from the southwest side of the 'Boro. ;) Where are you doing your flying at?

Mr. Baggins
03-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Got that Yak review done yet B?

gzsfrk
03-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Speaking of friendly faces ... hello from the southwest side of the 'Boro. ;) Where are you doing your flying at?

Yeah, I've read a couple of your posts in here before and meant to drop you a PM. There's another guy on this site (Brian) who's also located here in town. I live out near the VA in the northeast part of the city.

I typically fly at either a 5-acre or so field (http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=35.898459&lon=-86.376186&mag=2) about 1.5 miles from my house (for my smaller planes) or on the back practice fields at the Siegel Soccer Complex on 231 headed toward Lebanon (about 4 miles from my house). That's where I typically fly my bigger, faster birds. Of course, with soccer season and warm weather approaching, it may get harder and harder to find an open field out there in the near future.

If/when that turns out to be the case, my brother has some property in Lascassas adjacent to a huge open field (20 acres or so) that I can fly in, although it's about 10 miles from home, so I hope it doesn't come to that.

I actually live about 1.5 miles as the bird flies (so to speak) from where the Middle Point RC Flyers (http://www.mprcf.com/) (local AMA club) flying field is located over in Walter Hill. But to drive there is about 7 or 8 miles for me. I haven't gone out there yet, but I'm thinking about going to their swap meet this weekend that's going to be at the Armory here in town.

PerlAddict
03-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Cool, man! Both mine and my wife's parents live in Lascassas/Milton. Dad is hoping his neighbor might start letting us use one of his big open fields for flying. Great for Dad ... not so great for me. :D

We typically fly in a lot right off Medical Center Parkway (http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=35.858192&lon=-86.421172&mag=1) behind one of the new buildings that doesn't have much going on right now (so we can fly off the paved backroad, or just belly flop in the field). Looks a lot different than that satellite photo now, but it's a decent sized field length-wise. Not much front-to-back room.

The other place we like to fly small planes is on MTSU's campus (http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=35.846826&lon=-86.354653&mag=1). The crosshairs on the map are right on top of a little hill, and there's a good sized field all the way around it. The grass on the hill is usually groomed pretty nice.

And lately, we've been flying on Hobgood's soccer field since it's just a mile from our office or so, but like you said, that's going to end pretty soon once spring sports start up.

The Middle Point field isn't horribly far from Dad's house ... still a few miles, but BFI is pretty close considering you don't have to deal with traffic out there, really.

I really wanted to go to the swap meet this weekend, but we'll be out of town for some skiing in Utah. Pick me out something nice if you go! ;)

We've been thinking about joining the club, but heard from someone that they were mostly gas and not really receptive to electric. Might be time to help them introduce new ways of thinking. ;) We've got to buy AMA memberships to fly at SEFF this year, so we figured we might as well see about joining the local club, too.

gzsfrk
03-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Hey Mike! I'm entering my second review for the Exceed-RC Pitts, and I ran across a couple more things that would be helpful.

1. Could you increase the size for the Specifications text box? Since this is a bipe, I need to enter the dimensions for two wings, and there aren't enough characters available to enter the information in both MM and inches.

2. The tab order seems to be off. When you tab from the Page Title text box, it goes to the specifications text box next, rather than the References text box.

Thanks! I'll hopefully have the Pitts review posted here shortly.

EDIT: Oh! And I almost forgot. The text boxes (specifications, etc.) don't currently capture carriage returns when entering the text, so it can (and usually does) make the formatting on those items look poor (new fields start where word wrap tell them, not where there's a CR in the input text). I even tried using a <br> and <p>, but those don't work either.

Mike Parsons
03-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Ill have a look.
Hey Mike! I'm entering my second review for the Exceed-RC Pitts, and I ran across a couple more things that would be helpful.

1. Could you increase the size for the Specifications text box? Since this is a bipe, I need to enter the dimensions for two wings, and there aren't enough characters available to enter the information in both MM and inches.

2. The tab order seems to be off. When you tab from the Page Title text box, it goes to the specifications text box next, rather than the References text box.

Thanks! I'll hopefully have the Pitts review posted here shortly.

EDIT: Oh! And I almost forgot. The text boxes (specifications, etc.) don't currently capture carriage returns when entering the text, so it can (and usually does) make the formatting on those items look poor (new fields start where word wrap tell them, not where there's a CR in the input text). I even tried using a <br> and <p>, but those don't work either.

gzsfrk
03-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Pitts review is up!

I also thought of something else that might be handy. Any way to make it so that web links in the "References" section would be actual clickable hyperlinks?

Again, great job on the Reviews section, Mike. We need to put out a notice prompting members to submit their own reviews of their planes. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, even if it's just a one paragraph summary coupled with the spec info and numerical ratings. I know some of the regulars around here should be good for at least 20 mini-reviews. :)

Mike Parsons
03-10-2008, 09:23 PM
I am having a hard time getting the custom fields to parse html. For the time being you can use
website name and it will hyperlink the text.

gzsfrk
03-10-2008, 10:19 PM
I am having a hard time getting the custom fields to parse html. For the time being you can use
website name and it will hyperlink the text.

Will do! Thanks, Mike.

Mr. Baggins
03-11-2008, 03:41 AM
I actually did some building! Been a while but it's coming back to me. Been taking pics and notes along the way but it may be a bit before I get a full review up. Going to San Diego on Sunday for a week. Should be able to finish up after I get back.

Everything looks great Mike

Mike Parsons
03-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Roadmap update:

Could you increase the size for the Specifications text box? Complete
The tab order seems to be off. Roadmap Item
The text boxes (specifications, etc.) don't currently capture carriage returns: Roadmap Item