PDA

View Full Version : Monkey Chat.

fr4nk1yn
02-03-2008, 02:27 AM
Apparently I've been signed up for the Monkey Chat.
I can view the threads and there's a "reply" button but no quick reply box.
Trying to reply gets me a "no access" page.

Earlier I had the same problem when unknowingly navigating to the new forum from an email link. I believe logging out then back in got me permission to post.

Liquidity
02-03-2008, 02:32 AM
hehehe. I had the same problem. Once Mike sees this, he will fix you write up

fr4nk1yn
02-03-2008, 02:36 AM
dern, I just posted then clicked reply and it disappeared ):

Logging out then back in didn't get me access. I don't know what I did last time but I can wait.

Thanks.

CHELLIE
02-03-2008, 06:17 AM
Hi, Try this, go to My Wattflyer.
then go to Miscellaneous at the bottom.
click Group memberships, and click the Join circle, then click join group box, Hope that helps, Chellie

fr4nk1yn
02-03-2008, 06:49 AM
It says I'm already a member. I was drafted (:

CHELLIE
02-03-2008, 06:55 AM
Ok :) I will inform Mike of the posting problem, Take care, Chellie

Mike Parsons
02-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Apparently I've been signed up for the Monkey Chat.
I can view the threads and there's a "reply" button but no quick reply box.
Trying to reply gets me a "no access" page.

Earlier I had the same problem when unknowingly navigating to the new forum from an email link. I believe logging out then back in got me permission to post.

Try it now.

fr4nk1yn
02-03-2008, 02:15 PM
All fixed Thanks.

Angler-Hi
02-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Hi, Try this, go to My Wattflyer.
then go to Miscellaneous at the bottom.
click Group memberships, and click the Join circle, then click join group box, Hope that helps, Chellie

Chellie, I did all that and now I don't see any forum or thread. Now, everytime I try to redo it, it just allows me to leave group. But even when I try to do that it tells me I cannot leave a group that I am not a member of. I don't know what else to do.

Mike

Mike Parsons
02-04-2008, 02:04 AM
Mike,
What do you see when you go here?

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133

Angler-Hi
02-04-2008, 04:52 AM
Mike,

Hey Mike, I got it all figured out. Thanks. That link takes me to the threads. All I have to do is go to the "off topic chit chat" forum and I go to the sub-forum. Thanks.

Mike

pburt1975
02-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Mike,

I get this when I hit that link

pburt1975, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

FlyingMonkey
02-04-2008, 02:24 PM
It's a conspiracy!!!

:D

pburt1975
02-04-2008, 02:36 PM
It's a conspiracy!!!

:D

I dont want to believe you, but I dont know the power you hold over this place.

I'll take the conspiracy theory for now

BTW, It wont fly:blah:;-)

FlyingMonkey
02-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Mike will fix you right up as soon as he gets back.

As I said somewhere else. There are still a few bugs. Fortunately for us, our Penguin likes to eat bugs...

pburt1975
02-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Mike will fix you right up as soon as he gets back.

As I said somewhere else. There are still a few bugs. Fortunately for us, our Penguin likes to eat bugs...

Its not a chat room setup specifically for the bashing of you is it? Im all for bashing stuff, but would rather focus my efforts on my planes and not you:D:eek:

FlyingMonkey
02-04-2008, 02:57 PM
And I appreciate that...

It's not actually a chat room. You know how some people tend to stray when things like flying monkeys are brought up in conversation? Well, because some people felt that was becoming a distraction, and didn't want to see any of it anymore, any and all monkey related threads, whether started by me, or anyone, are to be made, or moved to, a special sub forum that you have to join to see. (out of sight, out of mind)

If you ever want to see the fun that is all things monkey related, good bad and ugly, you have to have access to this sub forum.

If the thought of seeing the word monkey in a post is not your cup of tea, don't sign up, and you shouldn't have to witness any of it.

Of course, the few and far between on topic bits of conversation I wish to have, will be allowed on the regular threads. All off topic directions will be (and I agree, rightly so) quickly squashed, and offenders directed to the monkey safe zone.

Surprisingly enough, it's not just me. There are other easily distracted people, and we all now have a corner to be sent to.

yank51
02-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Surprisingly enough, it's not just me. There are other easily distracted people, and we all now have a corner to be sent to.

Who??

FlyingMonkey
02-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Who??

I dunno, maybe all the people who were shuffled over here with me?

Certainly SOME of the people in the initial deportation.

Especially those GA guys.

Biplane Murphy
02-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Someone suggested the sub-forum be renamed "The Monkey Cage".....I think this is a grand Idea.:)

Angler-Hi
02-04-2008, 09:33 PM
"The Monkey Cage" sound pretty good. I could go with that.

Biplane Murphy
02-04-2008, 09:51 PM
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHA

It's now called the Monkey Cage.:D

I love it.

Thanks to whichever "power that be" did that for us.

FlyingMonkey
02-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Actually, that's how I have it labeled in my Bookmarks folder.

Angler-Hi
02-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Actually, that's how I have it labeled in my Bookmarks folder.

I like that title:)

Shhh!iamsellinghisstuff!
02-05-2008, 01:10 AM
I get this when I hit that link

Hey, I get the same message when I click on that link too..????