PDA

View Full Version : Sig editor still futzing up!

FlyWheel
03-14-2008, 02:29 AM
It keeps telling me
The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

Your signature can not be longer than 150 characters excluding BB Code markup.
Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 4 line(s).

Here's what I'm trying to put in it:

"To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. To fly is everything~ Otto Lilienthall

A.M.A. #890242 (District 5)

Now my vision was never 20/20 and it hasn't improved with age. But I can still count and I count only four lines and 120 characters, including spaces and returns (empty lines).

What gives? :confused:

Mike Parsons
03-15-2008, 12:17 AM
I'll look at it. I tried to edit your signature and it gave me the same results. It works without the bbcode, but not with.

FlyWheel
03-15-2008, 01:33 AM
I'll look at it. I tried to edit your signature and it gave me the same results. It works without the bbcode, but not with.

With the BB code it's definitly more than 4 lines/150 characters. It might just not be ignoring the code. Just a possibility, I'm no programmer

Mike Parsons
03-15-2008, 03:17 AM
Looks that way. I used your signature as a guinea pig, but seem to get it to work. Keep in mind also that spaces are counted as characters. So if you push something to the right by entering spaces, it keeps count of those. Use the Left, right and Center align buttons instead.