PDA

View Full Version : I Had A Bad Day

pvtzemerak
03-27-2008, 12:05 AM
well, today i was flying my hobbyzone supercub. i figured out i was able to take of from grass. on my second battery, the spinner fell off on me and i was forced to land, when i landed the wind picked up and knocked my plane on its wing. there goes my wing :(. then on the crash my crowl broke. the total for replacement parts would cost 23.00$. im really mad now. :(
now im 32 flights and 5 crashes
stupid wind...

firemanbill
03-27-2008, 12:20 AM
Bummer!:(

That wind will get you most of the time. Keep your chin up and get her back in the air. :D

idealhobbies
03-27-2008, 01:24 AM
Is the wing fixable with a little CA and tape?

max2112
03-27-2008, 01:30 AM
well, today i was flying my hobbyzone supercub. i figured out i was able to take of from grass. on my second battery, the spinner fell off on me and i was forced to land, when i landed the wind picked up and knocked my plane on its wing. there goes my wing :(. then on the crash my crowl broke. the total for replacement parts would cost 23.00$. im really mad now. :(
now im 32 flights and 5 crashes
stupid wind...

Hi pvtzemerak,

Sorry you had a bad day. Everyone here has had that feeling of disappointment as we walk to our broken plane to pick it up.:(

Are any of the broken pieces repairable by you? I haven't ever worked on a supercub but I have seen some crazy broken things fixed with foam-safe glue and packing tape.

Just a thought. I hope you get her up again soon!:)

Saucerguy2
03-27-2008, 01:53 AM
Crashing is part of this hobby, everybody does it, you are going to continue to do it, it's the reality of it all, things simply go wrong. I'm pretty indifferent when I crash, the only time I get irritated is due to radio interference since it's not dumb thumb or gear failure that causes the crash.

You will be surprized how often you can repair any plane before being forced to buy replacement parts. I've even fabricated entire component systems from scratch if I didn't want to bother hitting the LHS. $23.00, not that expensive regardless, try learning to fly a heli, now that can become expensive really quick since crashing those birds often are much more devestating then plane crashes.

Angler-Hi
03-27-2008, 02:00 AM
Sorry to hear that friend. Like Saucerguy said, try flying a heli. I bought one for $120.00 and on the first flight, fried my wires and 4 in 1. I was out $120.00. I bought a E-Sky heli and on the third flight I gave it too much forward input and crash!! It cost me $19.00 for a new fuselage, everything else was fine. I feel your pain friend. So far, I have crashed my heli, Hobby-Lobby F-18 and my SkyFly (don't ever buy that piece of crap). Anyway, I hope you get her fixed and back in the air. Good luck friend.

Mike

pvtzemerak
03-27-2008, 02:22 AM
i thought about heli's, they ar'nt me. i like the look of a plane takeoff / landing.
the thing is that ive been doing so good with her and then i crash, its so dissapointing
max: im acually going to buy every part again so it looks as good as new and get a fresh new start with it, and im flying at my park feild with grass, so hopefully it wont get as dinged up as it did on landings, last time i landed on the pavement the cowl got ripped up:)

flydiver
03-27-2008, 02:27 AM
Wow!, you'd buy a new wing and cowl! After my 2nd wing (that one lasted 10 minutes) and tail (ditto) I changed my tune from replacement to repair unless proven impossible or too difficult to be worth doing.

Saucerguy2
03-27-2008, 02:31 AM
I still have Parkzone Cub gear kicking around my shop, I used to play the replacment game, thinking along the line that it was some classic car and I wanted to keep it stock looking. Just giving you a heads up here, you are going to eventually get bored with that plane and will eventually chuck it, having much higher caliber planes in your hanger really puts these starter birds to shame, so I don't reccomend going in debt on parts for them if you are able to repair.

pvtzemerak
03-27-2008, 02:38 AM
YES , i am looking at new planes atm (at the moment) probably a t-28. i will never chuck it, my uncle got it for me, i <3 it

Saucerguy2
03-27-2008, 03:18 AM
Well, just saying, eventually it will become a dust collector unless you pass it onto someone else to learn to fly. When you get mainstream gear and start using ailerons, you will never look back. I chucked some planes last year, I still have more I'll be getting rid of and/or simply turning into packing material, they won't ship nor are worthy of wasting gear or time on, just part of the learning gambit. I might just turn a few into chuck gliders and give them to my neighbors son so he can have fun with them.

pvtzemerak
03-27-2008, 08:22 PM
any suggestions of a new plane?
i dont like 3D alot. i like a realistic, fast flight

Bub Steve
03-27-2008, 09:16 PM
any suggestions of a new plane?
i dont like 3D alot. i like a realistic, fast flight
pvtzemerak::Formossa11 Sounds like the hot set-up for you, I don't 3-D much but love sport fly'in, when I saw her I Loved the lines (Pattern type) and when I main'in her at low-throws she was a docile bird with no bad tendencies all, I sense have cranked-um up a might, she'll take as much motor as you like 480+ or ( like mine) build Extra Lite and use a 2409-18 with a 10/6 prop, she'll still haul butt, but I could fly her in a gym if the bet was big enough, The outie1209-18T&ESC's(tower-pro 25amp) only 18$ at Hobby-city, 1600 three cell20-C lipo 14-17$ 4, 9 Gram servos 12$ , 4 ch, synthesized receiver,24$,,GWS FormossaII 49$( at hobby-town LHS)not much to add up is there? I reinforced the land'in gear (easy mod) and glassed (epoxy and drier sheets) the Batt, compartment hatch for more room (Also an easy mod),Go get ya one , you'll love it too, your bub, steve

Saucerguy2
03-28-2008, 01:44 AM
If you want to leap forward, I'd be looking for a warbird, they are just cool to see in the air and can be made to go fast. If you want to play it on the safe side, getting mainstream gear and getting a cub/cessna with ailerons would be the way to go. You'll be wanting to get a real radio, receiver, battery pack, b/l and lipo, esc, and servo's for it, so plan upon putting up some dough on it.

pvtzemerak
03-28-2008, 01:45 AM
Steve, im also what you call a "speed demon". the plane looked nice, when you said " flying in a gym" it kind of scared me, is there a video of how it flys?
--pvt

pvtzemerak
03-28-2008, 01:46 AM
If you want to leap forward, I'd be looking for a warbird, they are just cool to see in the air and can be made to go fast. If you want to play it on the safe side, getting mainstream gear and getting a cub/cessna with ailerons would be the way to go. You'll be wanting to get a real radio, receiver, battery pack, b/l and lipo, esc, and servo's for it, so plan upon putting up some dough on it.

yes, i have been looking at hobby lobby's musting RTF. ive also been looking at there f-18 hornet.
still deciding

Bub Steve
03-28-2008, 01:57 AM
Steve, im also what you call a "speed demon". the plane looked nice, when you said " flying in a gym" it kind of scared me, is there a video of how it flys?
--pvt
I built her light so I could fly her in a small field, But most folks do a tad heavier build and bigger outie 2200 threecell lipo, Etc, I think mines fast as I'd want to fly anything,hope you try one, your bub, steve

pvtzemerak
03-28-2008, 01:59 AM
I built her light so I could fly her in a small field, But most folks do a tad heavier build and bigger outie 2200 threecell lipo, Etc, I think mines fast as I'd want to fly anything,hope you try one, your bub, steve

im not a very good builder eaither, but im looking at her ;)
and im also looking at a warbird