PDA

View Full Version : Closing the threads of Items sold in the "For Sale" forums!!

Angler-Hi
04-21-2008, 12:45 AM
I don't know if I put this in the correct forum, but I'm getting a little frustrated here. Is it possible to monitor the "For Sale" forums and make sure people are closing their threads once the item/s has sold? It would make searching those forums much quicker and less aggravating. I just spent the last 15 minutes in those forums and probably waisted about 5 of them reading the post and about the product, just to scroll down and see that it was sold. I'm sure Mike is too busy for that with everything else he already deals with (Thanks Mike), but is there a way to find some kind of middle ground here? Thanks.

Mike

firemanbill
04-21-2008, 01:15 AM
Mike,

It is frustrating for sure!

I'll see what we can do to get the word out for folks to close their own threads better and see about cleaning up the old stuff while we are at it.

gfdengine204
04-21-2008, 02:12 AM
Mike,

It is frustrating for sure!

I'll see what we can do to get the word out for folks to close their own threads better and see about cleaning up the old stuff while we are at it.

Good of you to FINALLY do something constructive. :p

Angler-Hi
04-21-2008, 03:54 AM
Thanks Bill. I was going to just PM Mike, but he's got enough on his plate as it is, trying to keep everyone happy. I don't want to come off as a whine-a$$, I just wanted to put it out there without having people ask me "why does it bother you" and similar questions later on. Anyway, I appreciate it Bill.

Mike

firemanbill
04-21-2008, 03:56 AM
No propb Mike.:D

Mike Parsons
04-21-2008, 02:20 PM
I agree Mike, it is frustrating, but many people list items for sale in a Fire and Forget mode. Ill see about developing some kind of reminder system that sends a PM (say 30 days after the last post) to ask if the item has sold and needs to be closed.

Angler-Hi
04-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Ahh man, I didn't mean to bother you Mike. I know you already do alot to keep folks happy. I didn't want to be a thorn in anyone's side. Thanks Mike, and sorry for the headache.

Mike Parsons
04-21-2008, 06:07 PM
No bother at all. That is what we are here for. I have added it my list ;)

PerlAddict
04-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Uh-oh ... you're on his list! Better hopes it's the good one! :D

Angler-Hi
04-22-2008, 12:10 AM
Uh-oh ... you're on his list! Better hopes it's the good one! :D

:red:...:D

deckert
04-29-2008, 03:44 AM
It's sure getting to me lately. :mad: Sell and won't remove listing or @ least mark as Sold. I used to be cranky but I'm getting way worse for the lack of courtesy. I'm ready & willing to go to the fields & down-em for being irresponsible horses's rearends! Perhaps a 60~90 day ban from posting for being irresponsible might be in order? :mad:

Dan