PDA

View Full Version : Hello , Please don't kill the messager

diverdon
04-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi . Really ... Just trying to help and also would like to use this GREAT Website myself ...

Message is ... The website is doing the "Can't open pages " thing again seems like the same thing as a couple of weeks ago .. If I open a topic page I cannot open one of the threads in that topic area it just keeps trying to load and doesn't ever get there ..

This has happened several times to me in the last two days ..On 2 differen't computers and at different times of the day..

I really love this website and am just trying to help ... If the problem is mine and not your's I am truely sorry for posting about it .. I just want to help fix things if I can .. Thank You Don J.

Don Sims
04-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Don't sweat posting an issue Don. Unless Mike knows about a problem he can't look into it.

Grasshopper
04-27-2008, 02:33 PM
I think it's you and me Diverdon.:D Mine was doing it again too. Every time I clicked to go to another page in a thread, it would just sit there and never open. Mine seems OK yesterday and today.

Mike Parsons
04-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Don, thanks for letting us know. Has it happened since? What OS and Browser are you using.

diverdon
04-29-2008, 04:18 AM
Hi Mike , Sorry to be such a pest ... Maybe it,s just my computer -ISP or something I have going on .. I actually hope so for your sake ...

It is still doin it not every time but maybe 1/2 the time.. I go to a topic like foamies or motors or crashes then try to open a post in there ... It starts to load the green stripe at the bottom of the page that says its loading goes up a little then stops .. a minnute or so later I just close the page and a .. "Send Error Report" question comes up I click yes and then I guess it sends a error message to Microsoft??

Anyhow I have windows XP and use internet explorer also have the comcast cable ISP normally REAL fast ..

Hope this helps and actually hope no one else is having this problem ... Thanks for listening , Don J.

Grasshopper
04-29-2008, 04:34 AM
I was still seeing it at work today too. Exact same thing that Don described. Some threads just never would open.

Mike Parsons
04-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Hmmmm. The latest thing I did was rework the Highslide code. I am going to disable it and if either or both of you can provide some feedback to see if it stopped. Not sure if that is it or not, but that is the last thing I did, so we'll go from there.

Lieutenant Loughead
04-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Hey Mike -- that fixed MY problem!!! :)

diverdon
04-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Hello Mike ,
Thank You soooooo much for the fix .. I really like this web site and when you can't "Surf" it life is sorta missing something ...

I just spent 15 minnutes clicking away and had zero problems .. I use a cable modem so it's fast and this site keeps up with it totally ...

Thanks Again ... REALLY!!!! ... Don J.

Mike Parsons
04-30-2008, 02:11 AM
Cool. Let me know if it acts up again. I will leave it disabled until I can work out the bugs. Ill forwarn before I try and fold it in again.