PDA

View Full Version : Sending PMs

HeliG
05-23-2008, 06:26 AM
Where do you go to create a new PM. The button has disappeared?!? :blah:

Don Sims
05-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Click on the members name and a drop down box with "send a private message to" appears.

HeliG
05-23-2008, 03:29 PM
But what if I am in the PM section already and I want to send a new one to someone that isn't in my PM list?

For that matter, I would like to see the Contacts & Friends section have all that stuff (PM directly from there, and see who is online at the moment). Since WF is making changes, I think those would be valuable. (Hey Mike, hint, hint!)

SkunkyMagoo
05-23-2008, 03:50 PM
But what if I am in the PM section already and I want to send a new one to someone that isn't in my PM list?

For that matter, I would like to see the Contacts & Friends section have all that stuff (PM directly from there, and see who is online at the moment). Since WF is making changes, I think those would be valuable. (Hey Mike, hint, hint!)

If you are in your PM area or even just your UserCP you will see a list of categories on the left navigation. Under Private Messages you will see "Send New Message".

HeliG
05-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Oh, where is says "Send New Message" instead of "Send New Private Message"!?!
Dee - dee - dee! :blah: Sorry. I couldn't see the trees through the forest or something like that!

Mike Parsons
05-23-2008, 04:44 PM
I added the button back in as an extra option

HeliG
05-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks Mike. You rock! Since your pay here is so good, I'm assuming you moonlight somewhere else. What do you do?

Mike Parsons
05-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Thanks Mike. You rock! Since your pay here is so good, I'm assuming you moonlight somewhere else. What do you do?

Your welcome. I work for AT&T (former BellSouth) to keep my WF fix going :)

HeliG
05-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Mike,
Thanks again for replacing the PM button. One more problem...

I went to PM 7 guys for a flyin. The PM will only allow 5. Can you upgrade this to at least 10? Or remove the limit all together?

I'm not spamming and I don't think anyone would but you never know!

Mike Parsons
05-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Helig,
I can not remove the limit completely for performance reasons. We set a limit of 5 as we have had a few spammers use the PM system and sent out well over 300 Spam PM's. Too me a whole day to clean up that mess.

Right now, I think the limit will need to stay at 5. There are occasions where someone will need to send more than 5 at a time, but those instances aren't that common.

HeliG
05-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Mike,
I'm going to give you a "Thanks" for the other thread but no "Thanks" here. :{ I guess I can understand it but the answer bumms me out.

Hostile
05-27-2008, 10:23 PM
...I work for AT&T (former BellSouth) ...

Well, no ones perfect. :p