PDA

View Full Version : Should i worry?

GreenAce92
07-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Well i was online and was wondering what the prices were for shipping from hobby city since their prices are insane lol. But anyways i made a fake order on something cheap just to get to the part that would say here is your order and here is shipping amount due. I saw what i needed and x'd out.

later on today i check e-mail and i get the e-mail saying your order la da da da da, so im panicking thinking oh S*#$ their taking my order, im only worried because i currently have no money in my credit card and i hate that 60dollar charge fine, but i soon realize that they didnt take it yet(besides i havent even put any billing info into hobbycity at all yet) so now ive got this order pending i can pay for it but im not sure how good the motor is if i shoud just buy it.

how mad will they be? its like a prank order or something i dont know lol
\should i even be worried?

if nothing else i can just buy the motor

ministeve2003
07-23-2008, 08:29 PM
If you haven't payed for the order yet, it will never post as Reserved, so you are safe, just ignore the order, I've had that happen twice when there was some issue with paypal's website, if you actually wanted that order and wanted to pay for it, you would go to your account page and click on manual payment...
otherwise just ignore it, I'm sure there won't be a problem...
SK

also in the future, you can go all the way up to show shipping charges and then don't click submit order...
SK

GreenAce92
07-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Oh see i didnt hit submit order i just saw continue on the bottom... that was my bad heres what they sent

Dear Jacob Cunningham
Thanks for shopping at our store

Your order details are:
1x #HXM2730-1700/5208 hexTronik 24gram Brushless Outrunner 1700kv variations = $8.95

Credit Card or Paypal (Amex / Visa / Mastercard) $0.00
International (Registered) Air Mail 0 - 100g $4.79
Taxes: $0.00
-------------------
Total: $13.74

hobbycity
[email protected] (http://us.mc521.mail.yahoo.com/mc/[email protected])

You will receive payment confirmation in another e-mail

ministeve2003
07-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Oh see i didnt hit submit order i just saw continue on the bottom... that was my bad heres what they sent

Dear Jacob Cunningham
Thanks for shopping at our store

Your order details are:
1x #HXM2730-1700/5208 hexTronik 24gram Brushless Outrunner 1700kv variations = $8.95

Credit Card or Paypal (Amex / Visa / Mastercard) $0.00
International (Registered) Air Mail 0 - 100g $4.79
Taxes: $0.00
-------------------
Total: $13.74

hobbycity
[email protected] (http://us.mc521.mail.yahoo.com/mc/[email protected])

You will receive payment confirmation in another e-mail

If you didnt go through paypal checkout, then the order isn't finalized, so I'd just forget about it... or if you really want you could send support an email saying to cancel the order... either way you should be fine...
SK

Pudknocker71
07-23-2008, 10:12 PM
You could actually place an order for only $13? What restraint you have.:p>

I'd ignore the E-mail too. If you backed out like you said then this must happen all the time to them.

Firestem4
07-23-2008, 10:29 PM
FYI The registered standard mail that takes about 7-45 days usually takes about 5 days after processing is completed. so dont waste much more money unless you really want your items fast! =)

Frank Voikel
07-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Seconded, I've never had to wait more than a week and a half for parts shipped from Hobbycity on registered standard (the cheapest).
This has happened to me too, I have an accidental order that's been pending for nearly a year now and I haven't gotten any outraged calls from China.

Rabbitcreekok
07-24-2008, 02:29 AM
I don't think I would worry. Just, umm, ahh, well, ohhh, watch out for Ninjas in the Night.:Q:tc:

Bub Steve
07-24-2008, 02:31 AM
bub,steve
http://cockingasnook.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/what-me-worry-715603.jpg

GreenAce92
07-24-2008, 11:56 PM
Ninjas im part chink i could take em... lol im kiddin
i do like there prices there, im a cheap man, cheap or free i like
i do plan on ordering there though

thanks for calmin me down lol ;)

birdDog
07-25-2008, 12:05 AM
Your shopping cart with them is only yours. If you fill it up and don't finalize the order (pay for it) the items will remain there for some amount of time. Likely they sent you that e-mail to remind you and hope that you would make the purchase, or add to it. They have a very nice e-mail notification system to registered users.

I ordered some airplane parts, lipo's etc from them and was very pleased with the low, honest shipping prices. They (hobbycity) preformed well for me and others that I know.

Only problem I had was the USPS. The package was shipped the next day from China, Made it to New York in 2 days and proceded to take 13 days from New York to Chicago:mad:

I will order from them again, just not rush orders;-)

GreenAce92
07-25-2008, 03:01 AM
Hey i live in New York :)
sweet...

thanks for the info man sorry to hear about the long waits..

offtom
07-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Only problem I had was the USPS. The package was shipped the next day from China, Made it to New York in 2 days and proceded to take 13 days from New York to Chicago

And once it makes it to New York you can no longer track it.

I wonder why? ????

GreenAce92
07-25-2008, 03:09 PM
huh? never heard of that before

gzsfrk
07-25-2008, 04:03 PM
What are you doing with a credit card anyway, GA? We need to get you listening to some Dave Ramsey. :)

GreenAce92
07-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Ahh i have one its not all under my name but it is mine i put the money into it(so thats why there is no money in it lol)

birdDog
07-25-2008, 11:13 PM
And once it makes it to New York you can no longer track it.

I wonder why? ????

Because it has to make it's way thru Colorado to tease you!:p>

offtom
07-26-2008, 01:59 AM
You'd think they'd come up with something better than the Pony Express wouldn't you.