PDA

View Full Version : Sig editor still frakking up

FlyWheel
08-15-2008, 02:24 AM
I'm trying to update my sig and I'm getting the same tired notice that it has too many lines, that the maximum is four. Here's what I'm trying to put in:

:mad: My sig is supposed to be in Georgia font and Purple! :(

It is as though we have grown wings, which thanks to Providence, we have learnt to control. ~Louis Blériot

Once again, I only see three. OK, four if you count the blank line. Still allowable though.

Mike Parsons
08-15-2008, 02:47 PM
There is nothing wrong with the Sig editor. You have to count lines as you see them in the editor. Four lines is four lines. The editor is a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor. Lines are not counted by spaces, they are counted by actual lines.

Fly Boy
08-15-2008, 02:58 PM
I have the same problem with the editor????

FlyWheel
08-17-2008, 01:31 AM
Maybe you should just put it back the way it was. It seems all it is capable of doing now is finding reasons not to let us make a signature! :(

Mike Parsons
08-17-2008, 01:48 AM
Maybe we should go the other direction and dispense of them all together?

FlyWheel
08-17-2008, 02:12 AM
Maybe we should go the other direction and dispense of them all together?
because you might just start a war. :)

Maybe you could put it to all the members as a vote, a little more freedom (amount of lines, font size and color), or no sigs period?

smokejohnson
08-26-2008, 12:03 PM
I think the sig editor really is messed up right now or did Mike turn them off? I am trying to remove the link for the scratch build contest since it is over and I keep getting BB code color is not allowed.

So I then tried to just remove the hyperlinks all together and it won't even allow my name, giving the same error. In the editor I don't see an option for color so I'm not sure watt I could be doing wrong.

Mike Parsons
08-26-2008, 01:39 PM
James,
It appears there was some BB color in your signature as it originally was input. You'll have to delete your signature all together, save and then re-input it. You name is what is showing bbcolor code from what I could tell.

smokejohnson
08-26-2008, 11:46 PM
Thanks Mike...I got it all worked out :).

Mike Parsons
08-27-2008, 12:01 AM
:) Thanks James.