PDA

View Full Version : Audiophiles unite!

Firestem4
08-29-2008, 10:30 AM
What kind of earphones do you use to listen to music or anything else?

The reason i brought this up is because I wanted to listen to music while playing everquest 2 on my laptop. But i have to keep it quiet since ive got a baby in the next room sleeping. So i pulled out my headphones and started listening to them. Ive had them for over a year now and they were WELL worth the money.

I have Ultimate Ears Super Fi.5 Extended bass. These are amazing in-ear headphones with unmatched clarity, incredible bass reponse. (They have ACTUAL sub woofers in the earphones) Crystal clear hi's and perfect mids. (I know i sound like an advertisement lol, but im trying not to be dull)

The best part of it is because they are in-ears and im using a double-flange ear-tip that blocks out well over 30 decibles of ambient noise. I love em.

I also have the Soundblaster X-Fi on my computer - talk about an incredible sound card. *grin*

What about you all?

FlyingMonkey
08-29-2008, 01:03 PM
I too like the quality of in ear headphones. Not the iPod style that just rest precariously on the outer ear.

But my typical earphones cost a tenth of what yours are running.

Firestem4
08-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah. I used to always buy the cheap headphones. And you know, they were good quality. My last pair which broke were my Zune Premium headphones. They were in-ears but they mostly just pressed into the opening of the ear canal.

My dad gave them to me as a gift because my headphones broke and he knwe i wanted something with a little more bass. How he found these i dont know but damnn.

Pudknocker71
08-29-2008, 08:42 PM
My i-tunes headphones sounded great but gave me a headache very quickly. I've tried several styles in or around the ear but cause me pain. Only over the head earmuff style are OK. I've decided I have a big head.:rolleyes:

My PC has Soundblaster 5.1 with Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ sub. Awesome sound system for the money.

yank51
08-29-2008, 08:48 PM
"Sennheiser" says it all....:)

Firestem4
08-29-2008, 08:52 PM
My PC has Soundblaster 5.1 with Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ sub. Awesome sound system for the money.

Same here. Quality is incredible. The card was worth definitely worth it! My only problem with it is i have the occasional malfunction due to Windows Xp being a moron lol.

groundrushesup
08-29-2008, 08:55 PM
What kind of earphones do you use to listen to music or anything else?

The reason i brought this up is because I wanted to listen to music while playing everquest 2 on my laptop. But i have to keep it quiet since ive got a baby in the next room sleeping. So i pulled out my headphones and started listening to them. Ive had them for over a year now and they were WELL worth the money.

I have Ultimate Ears Super Fi.5 Extended bass. These are amazing in-ear headphones with unmatched clarity, incredible bass reponse. (They have ACTUAL sub woofers in the earphones) Crystal clear hi's and perfect mids. (I know i sound like an advertisement lol, but im trying not to be dull)

The best part of it is because they are in-ears and im using a double-flange ear-tip that blocks out well over 30 decibles of ambient noise. I love em.

I also have the Soundblaster X-Fi on my computer - talk about an incredible sound card. *grin*

What about you all?

I have a pair of Shure E2c's that I won at in a raffle at a bluegrass festival, I guard them with my life. Not the type of feller who could justify 150 bux on a pair of headphones but I do love them. I take them on the plane whne I travel and I can actually sleep.

I also use them as a monitor on the rare occasion I play through a PA, especially when there's a banjo playing too :Q

Pudknocker71
08-29-2008, 09:59 PM
"Sennheiser" says it all....:)

An off brand name hay?:p> Never heard of them.:cool:

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/

lextek
08-30-2008, 01:03 PM
You want some headphone info? Here's the place. Just another addiction.

http://www.head-fi.org/
:tc:

Firestem4
08-31-2008, 09:20 AM
nice link. Thanks lex. =D

lextek
08-31-2008, 12:16 PM
nice link. Thanks lex. =D

I used to spend lots of time and money there. The official greeting is "welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet."

Firestem4
08-31-2008, 10:04 PM
lol. nice.

Essentially we could do the same thing here =P...hmmmmmmm I might start a trend! =P