PDA

View Full Version : Thread completely deleted? Silently, no warning, nothing?

coro
09-10-2008, 01:15 PM
I have replied today in a Batteries... forum, and now I see my post missing and the whole thread missing as well.
The thread was started as an announcement of a product - icharger 106B+, and I have seen nothing wrong with it.
I have read forum policy and there is mentioned that any vendor can make one announcement per 7 days...
Where is the thread and my reply?
I have nothing in common to that company, however, I feel very :sad: bad for now..

Mike Parsons
09-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Coro,
I am not aware of a thread being deleted. Let me check. Common MO is to notify the thread starter if an entire thread has been deleted. If a thread is being closed, we should list the reason why in the last post. I am big on communication.

Let me check on it and see why it might have been edited or deleted.

Mike Parsons
09-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Ok, I found the thread and see what happened. The first post was by a vendor that did not properly identify himself per our rules. (They must disclose affiliation and provide that affiliation in their signature).

The thread was deleted as Spam. Two reasons why this probably happened is no disclosure and it was the members first post that seemed to do nothing but promote his product.

It appears that the Vendor added his affiliation in his user title. So based on our rules about vendor announcements and allowing one every 7 days, I have reopened the thread. Chances are this vendor will never post here again as we see it all the time. Hit and run announcements aka Free advertisement.

Since the thread was deleted for spam, the thread OP would have been notified and not anyone else that posted in that thread.

Sorry for the confusion!

coro
09-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Thank You for the attention.
I get scared that it did just disappear without any notice - I would accept a warning or ban or moved to thrash..
I see that I have replied after 4 hours so the thread starter was not catched as a spam initially.

I agree with policies and also agree with fact that announcements made as a first post of user are not nice and not promissing at all - we will see whether he will answer questions if any, or just disappear.
Thank You again.

Mike Parsons
09-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Your welcome and I appreciate you giving me a chance to look at it.

Good winds!
Mike Parsons

EpoweredRc
09-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Its really bad to join a group and just post products the same day, or as first post, Some sites I have belonged to make you post like 7 times in other peoples threads before you can start your own, Wattflyer might consider that, but then I guess they be crowding up other peoples threads. I never trust anyone vendor or a person who is selling anything unless they have quite a few posts on the site. new guys scare me advertising such things.

Mike Parsons
09-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Its really bad to join a group and just post products the same day, or as first post, Some sites I have belonged to make you post like 7 times in other peoples threads before you can start your own, Wattflyer might consider that, but then I guess they be crowding up other peoples threads. I never trust anyone vendor or a person who is selling anything unless they have quite a few posts on the site. new guys scare me advertising such things.

Yep, I had considered that, but my fear there was they would probably just be spamming other peoples threads. Red did the right thing in deleting it as the time line screams Hit and run spam. But if I follow our rules (as I like to do), since he added his/her affiliation, then one announcement is allowed per week. Even if it is the first post.

Luckily we have some pretty smart and savvy members that can see through the Fog. :)

hillrc
09-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Hello Mike,
Thank you for your re-opening my thread.:)
First, I must emphasize that, I find this forum by chance yesterday, and before this, we have a thread in RC Groups http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839657, which is highly discussed by the users. So we just want to share this charger to more people and hear more voice from our users.
Many thanks to your understanding.
Best regards,
Junsi