PDA

View Full Version : 9-11-01... Please don't ever forget

firemanbill
09-11-2008, 03:25 PM
In case no one has noticed today is September 11.

Please do not let this date slip your mind as to what happened to our country 7 years ago today.

All of our llives will be forever changed because of that day.

Don't forget, don't ever forget!

EpoweredRc
09-11-2008, 03:31 PM
We will never forget, so many lost there lives that day. That be one date to stick in everyones mind I belive.

aviatordave
09-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Here is a video that Kosh made on the 5th anniversary. Turn your speakers up! There is some inflight video from RC planes.

Broadband: http://www.cascadeap.com/AR.wmv 38.4MB

Dialup: http://www.cascadeap.com/ARa.wmv 7.37MB

EpoweredRc
09-11-2008, 06:19 PM
I am DL it now.

gfdengine204
09-11-2008, 06:33 PM
I noticed......I notice every year. I knew one of the flight attendants on the United Airlines flight that hit the WTC was working that flight. He was a former police officer, and retired, became a flight attendant to get travel benefits for his family. I taught his first aid/CPR/AED class at United HQ in Chicago. He was a funny guy.

Flag out front of my house went to half-staff at sunset last night and will remain there 'til sunset tonite.

God Bless the families of all the victims.

I was still on the FD then; we went out to collect monies to send to NYC and it was really amazing to see the outpouring of support we received from people.

FlyingMonkey
09-12-2008, 05:52 AM
We flew the flags at half mast at the park today.

As I drove to work at 10:00 am, I was surprised to see who did, and did not recognize the day by flying the flags at half mast.

Two of the big surprises was a city office, and a campaign office for a presidential candidate.

It was reassuring to see many private homes that were recognizing the day though.

I am amazed at how much time has passed, yet that morning is so vivid in my mind.

I doubt many of us will forget that day. The hard part is remembering.