PDA

View Full Version : The most embarrassing crash!

Rinyotsu
10-18-2008, 01:39 AM
Okay, so I finally get the field to myself. So I get the plane out, taxi around a bit and notice the wind is blowing from the south. So to take off I have to take off towards the poles, lol. I decide after a bit of taxiing to get ready I would go to a different location in the parking lot to take off. While taxiing around, of all the things to break, my landing gear on the right side breaks loose and twists. As I pick it up the left landing just completely falls off. So the plane breaks before I even got it off the ground.
I have already fixed it by removing all the landing gear parts (except the rear one) and custom made a 'skid' to act as a landing pad and protect the servo arm. Unfortunatly it wasn't fixed soon enough to go fly again.
One of these days it will get airborne.

fr4nk1yn
10-18-2008, 02:03 AM
That's not too embarrassing at all. Throwing the plane, no landing gear, in front of a crowd and having your elevator channel reversed because you forgot the change your model. Now that's embarrassing (:

Keep it up you'll get it in the air.

Bub Steve
10-18-2008, 02:13 AM
Rinyotsu::Talk about embarrassing,,, I took my new 60" twin :ws:to maid'in her with a crew in tow TWO times in two days only to have the same pre-fight glitch cancel the flight!!:{ i think I fixed it????Sounds like were have'in the same luck!:rolleyes: your bub, steve

Rinyotsu
10-18-2008, 02:15 AM
Okay, you got me beat. I know it will get in the air, I just hate having to work around football to do it (another reason I don't like the sport).

firemanbill
10-18-2008, 02:20 AM
Embarrassing?

I was the Event coordinator four clubs electric fly in. I am a 27 year veteran of the Fire Dept. As we were getting started we had 2 engine companies and an Ambulance company show up to watch some flying. About 15 Firefighters and Paramedics all together. I showed them a lot of the stuff, explained how a bunch of it works and how they could get into it pretty cheap with some planes. Then I go to fly my Cox Micro Warbird Zero that was (notice I said was) one of my best flying small planes. I dunno what happened but about 10 seconds into the flight I pile drived it right into our asphalt runway!

Total loss...

Embarrassing??? Yeah:silly:

Bub Steve
10-18-2008, 02:22 AM
Rinyotsu::Not fly'in no fun for either of us:sad: But the week-ends here and fly we will!:ws: your bub, steve

airmail wf
10-18-2008, 05:07 AM
Embarrassing?

I was the Event coordinator four clubs electric fly in. I am a 27 year veteran of the Fire Dept. As we were getting started we had 2 engine companies and an Ambulance company show up to watch some flying. About 15 Firefighters and Paramedics all together. I showed them a lot of the stuff, explained how a bunch of it works and how they could get into it pretty cheap with some planes. Then I go to fly my Cox Micro Warbird Zero that was (notice I said was) one of my best flying small planes. I dunno what happened but about 10 seconds into the flight I pile drived it right into our asphalt runway!

Total loss...

Embarrassing??? Yeah:silly:

Bill, Most of them were there to see a crash. You made their day. Sorry that it happened. What you need is what I always show off with. My SX3 unbreakable 3D plane. No matter how many times I crash I can just pick it up and say I was trying to do that and keep flying. Really the most I ever broke was a prop. I just flip another one on and away I go.:D

Rinyotsu
10-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Rinyotsu::Not fly'in no fun for either of us:sad: But the week-ends here and fly we will!:ws: your bub, steve

Unfortunatly I work from 10-7 today, most likely working tomorrow too. Wanted to see the schedule yesterday but they didn't have it done (pathetic). I hate working at my job but money is money. I probably won't get to fly again til monday and only if the sports person at school says I can fly in one of the other 2 fields at my site.