PDA

View Full Version : Wattflyer 2009 Calender?

Kosh
11-18-2008, 11:26 PM
Any plans for a new calender this year?

Last years was a lot of work and headaches for many so make it simple with photos from our own gallery this time. I would hope one of the new Mods could handle this in the same PDF format to make it easy for printing. Last year was voted mostly warbirds but we need a few heli's in there also please.

Think about letting the Mods decide on some 18 or so best pics then contact the member about using them. The spares are needed if someone says no or it just doesn't look right. I would be glad to help out if needed but don't want the final say this time.

Thanks for considering this, Kosh

aviatordave
11-19-2008, 04:45 PM
I can look into that. I have PDF writer if needed. Is there a link for last years?

Anyone remember?

gfdengine204
11-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Here ya go, Dave:

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28071

Sky Sharkster
11-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Hi Kosh, Dave + Kev,
I'll be glad to help out this year. As I recall, we had trouble lining up all the poll winners, and ended up using lower-placed photos. This caused some hard feelings, but Kosh did everything except send up smoke signals to try to get good copies of the winning shots. No reply. So, we used what we had.
Aside from that, it came out pretty well, Kosh's idea to "Publish" it online worked great. We checked into having it printed professionally, way too expensive and a long lead time. Plus the problem of mailing. Minimum order 500 or 1,000, if I recall right.
So, I'd say post it as a contest again, a max of three photos per member, to keep from "Fixing" or overloading the ballot entries. We have about a month to find winners, then assemble the actual calender.
I'll see if I can find the post on Mod Forum, Kosh + I did quite a bit by PM but it should be helpful.
Ron

firemanbill
11-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Sounds like a plan Ron. Anything I can do to help let me know.

Kosh
11-19-2008, 07:13 PM
With little more than a months working time on this you may just want to bypass the members this time on a vote and just pick some yourself. If you can keep the entries and voting to 3 weeks total it could be pulled off but theirs no surprise to the members whats inside then when completed.

Feel free to move this the the Mods forum for further discussions if wanted because I know its in good hands now.

Thanks for your time guys, Kosh

aviatordave
11-22-2008, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the input Kosh. Looking into it right now.

John Seidelman
11-22-2008, 02:48 AM
With Print Master you can Choose your Cal. Type and add a photo to it and then save it to a JPEG. Then anyone can print the pages at home and if they use High Quality mod on Photo Paper they turn out great.

aviatordave
11-30-2008, 04:12 AM
For those who have not seen it....the thread for the 2009 calendar is here -

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=513689#post513689

Airhead
11-30-2008, 04:15 AM
Thanks Dave...

aviatordave
11-30-2008, 04:22 AM
No problem :)

So...is your avitar a cat ready to attack that plane?

Airhead
11-30-2008, 04:47 AM
Never trust a smiling cat.....hehe..;)

FlyWheel
11-30-2008, 11:07 PM
Any plans for a new calender this year?

Last years was a lot of work and headaches for many so make it simple with photos from our own gallery this time. I would hope one of the new Mods could handle this in the same PDF format to make it easy for printing. Last year was voted mostly warbirds but we need a few heli's in there also please.

Kosh

Why not this year more everything? A diversity of different aspects of the hobby (Warbirds, Heli's, Sailplanes/Gliders, 3D, Jets, "Wings", etcetera...)

A low definition version for those of us on slower connections would be nice too.

firemanbill
12-01-2008, 12:39 AM
Why not this year more everything? A diversity of different aspects of the hobby (Warbirds, Heli's, Sailplanes/Gliders, 3D, Jets, "Wings", etcetera...)

A low definition version for those of us on slower connections would be nice too.

We will do our best to vary the choices as much as possible but we need the pics first. We can only choose from what we get.

The problem with a low res version is that when you print it out it gets ver grainy if you do it with any appreciable size. Again though, we will do our best to accommodate as many WattFlyer members as possible.

thanks for the suggestions.:)