PDA

View Full Version : My favorite Chomsky quotes..

HoaRC
11-27-2008, 01:13 AM
I'd like to post some fo my favorite Chomsky quotes.. feel free to do the same.
I'm glad to know that you are devoting so much energy on this, but it's hard for me personally to be impressed about working overtime. It's a rare day when I'm not putting in 16-17 hours.
I simply cannot take off the time for this. I cannot take off time for lunch, except while working. I'm scheduled intensively without a break, far ahead. Money is not an issue at all. I put out far more than this constantly. We have to set our own priorities, and time is finite, no matter how hard we work."
The vestiges of an integrated, socially cohesive, functioning society, with some kind of solidarity and continuity to it, have just been destroyed here. It's hard to imagine a better way to demoralize people than to have them watch T.V. for seven hours a day – but that's pretty much what people have been reduced to by now.

Bub Steve
11-27-2008, 02:17 AM
I'd like to post some fo my favorite Chomsky quotes.. feel free to do the same.
I'm glad to know that you are devoting so much energy on this, but it's hard for me personally to be impressed about working overtime. It's a rare day when I'm not putting in 16-17 hours.
I simply cannot take off the time for this. I cannot take off time for lunch, except while working. I'm scheduled intensively without a break, far ahead. Money is not an issue at all. I put out far more than this constantly. We have to set our own priorities, and time is finite, no matter how hard we work."
The vestiges of an integrated, socially cohesive, functioning society, with some kind of solidarity and continuity to it, have just been destroyed here. It's hard to imagine a better way to demoralize people than to have them watch T.V. for seven hours a day but that's pretty much what people have been reduced to by now.
One thing about McCain, the bombing campaign that he was participating in as a naval pilot was called Rolling Thunder. What was that exactly?

I like Norm but sometimes he makes my brain ach:red: a little,,, Bub steve:D