PDA

View Full Version : The future of web design

Saucerguy2
12-02-2008, 08:30 PM
I just wanted to show you guys a little bit of what I do on the side, partially because it's plain fun, partially for some extra cash and at current, pushing the boundries as to how we interact within a web site.

This concept has been bouncing around my head for years, and I've decided it's time has came. The goal here on this latest project is to make a virtual interactive 3d cafe/showroom graphical interface that will function within two parts. First, you are able to navigate through the room itself, I'm keeping it simple since this is the first of it's kind so basic positions are limited to only what I want people to view, the second, is building in a flash based overlay within it to navigate through the product lines, which in turn links to an ecommerce platform.

The concept is designed to bridge the gap between shopping in real time in the real world and being able to do so from a web based graphical interface, so in a sense, the best of both worlds. I'm showing two different images, it not only shows the progress, it shows how once things are created, it's only a simple matter of changing the camera angle within the software for alternative views, which in the end, shows what it's going to be like.

Those that have never delved into the world of 3d graphics are in for a treat once you start, it's literally like creating and controlling your own little world.
espresso-outfitters.com/cafelayout1.jpeg
espresso-outfitters.com/cafelayout.jpg

Sparky Paul
12-02-2008, 09:44 PM
This is a superb demonstration of that...
The full cockpit of the Airbus 380..
http://www.gillesvidal.com/blogpano/cockpit1.htm

Saucerguy2
12-03-2008, 05:19 PM
I like that demo Paul, this 3d stuff really is impressive, that's the stuff I like to see. It sure beats these flat, static pages. Eventually we'll have a blend of live media, recorded video, interactive 3d stuff like this, and in general, you are not necessarily visiting web pages, but rather web places.