PDA

View Full Version : This Guy Is LUCKY!!!!

Angler-Hi
12-10-2008, 02:22 PM
This guy is shooting a .50 cal rifle. His target is a metal plate 100 yards away. You can hear the bullet hit it's target, then come back and hit the guy in his ear protection muffs:

http://www.vimeo.com/2483166

gfdengine204
12-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Holy Cow! That guy had an angel on his side that day. Wow.....

Angler-Hi
12-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Yeah, right!!??

Voyager2lcats
12-10-2008, 03:15 PM
I have a personal story that is somewhat similar. 1986, Baumholder, West Germany (there used to be an East Germany- anyone remember it?:rolleyes:), tank firing range, ammo load point.
I was the tank commander of an M-60A3 (TTS) tank and was loading .50 caliber machine gun ammunition into the feed tray of the tank commander's cupola (my "office";)). The very last round in the link flipped about four inches above the turret and struck the raised serial numbers cast into the turret. POP! Round shatters/explodes sending brass casing fragments everywhere and the bullet hits the underside of the cupola, ricocheting into some bushes and the ground. I had nary a scratch on me.
I told the ammunition sergeant who said, "We've been throwing that stuff around all morning, but we aren't going to do that anymore." The look of shock on his face was worth recording.
I am sure the look of surprise on mine was worth recording as well! Never had it happen ever again after that, but it sure affects one's attitude toward handling live ammunition.

Angler-Hi
12-10-2008, 06:14 PM
I hear ya. We had a soldier die in Iraq on my last tour from a 25mm round. They were unloading the ammo into the back of a gator (4-wheeler tractor). One of the rounds went off when it was thrown in the back on top of the rest of the round, pinning the primer and firing. He was hit and there was nothing that could be done for him.

ministeve2003
12-10-2008, 06:32 PM
I don't know if I even want to comment about a guy who would shoot a .50 at 100yards... thats kinda like pointing a shotgun at a a target 3ft away... yea, it can be done.. but its usually out of necessity....

SK

gfdengine204
12-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Mike,

This is getting a good amount of play at work. We all just kinda shake our heads and wonder how lucky that guy is indeed!

Thanks for sharing, buddy!

Pudknocker71
12-11-2008, 12:17 AM
It even hit the ground 1st. Just a few feet in front of him.

Angler-Hi
12-11-2008, 03:07 PM
No problem Kev....I saw this and HAD to share!

EpoweredRc
12-11-2008, 07:59 PM
I hear ya. We had a soldier die in Iraq on my last tour from a 25mm round. They were unloading the ammo into the back of a gator (4-wheeler tractor). One of the rounds went off when it was thrown in the back on top of the rest of the round, pinning the primer and firing. He was hit and there was nothing that could be done for him.

I am glad I am not the one who had to tell his mother/wife what happened. Go to war and fight then get killed by one of your own bullets your fighting with, how sad.

Angler-Hi
12-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Yeah it was. A 25mm round is what the primary weapon on the Bradley uses. Imagine the size of a .50 cal round and multiply it by about three or four. It really sucked...he was unloading those rounds because we were sending vehicles back home...we were in our last two weeks before we came home!

groundrushesup
12-11-2008, 11:55 PM
This guy is shooting a .50 cal rifle. His target is a metal plate 100 yards away. You can hear the bullet hit it's target, then come back and hit the guy in his ear protection muffs:

http://www.vimeo.com/2483166

Lol wasn't it you I was telling about this? My brother is a bored cop with a computer in his car, and he sends me all sorts of stuff like this.

Seriously what a muppet. LOL