PDA

View Full Version : Women Pilots On Wattflyer

Pages : [1] 2

CHELLIE
12-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Hi Everyone :ws: I was Wondering, Just how many Women Pilots there is on Wattflyers ???? its Hard to tell by the Screen Names, Sooooo, I thought It would be nice to Recognize them Here in this Thread, This Thread is for All, Who are Gendered Female, to Show off Their Planes and flying Ability, and Maybe a Action Video, flying their plane, with Radio In Hand :D I only know of a few Women Pilots here, but I am Learning that there are more than i thought ;) and thats Great, here are a few of my planes, some scratch built and some store bought, I Hope to see all the Women of Wattflyers here, Take Care & God Bless, Chellie

CHELLIE
12-17-2008, 10:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_DW6RksbDg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHUDosAbW6A&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz5ilV8jQRM&feature=channel

Alpea42
12-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Dang Chellie I thought some females woulda chimed in by now.

caltrop
12-17-2008, 10:47 PM
I found it. Don't remember if Chellie said where the thread was...

We'll see how long this thread lasts...

So, here's my STUFF:

Stuff That Flies:
E-flite Blade 400 - not much air time yet, yes it's a Blade 400 - I did a custom canopy, the old canopy is going back on it for practice this spring
E-flite Blade CP Pro - controller went out on it & was replaced, quite a bit of rebuild after that last crash
E-flite mini Ultra Stick -I'm on my third, DX7 failure & ARF kit fall apart in mid air, the PNP setup stinks so I put a 480 motor in it
LightFlite Bug - FUN! it's what started it all, fully 3D & combatable, that's a friends TRex in the photo
MS Composit Unique - putting a better motor on it
MS Composit Swift II - darn thing handles 30mph winds
Micro Mosquito - one of the first micros, it hovers...
Parkzone Vapor - almost indoors if I had more room
Under Construction:
E-flite Blade mCX - pictured with the Balde 400, great little indoor heli but I modified it to go FAST and this is what happens, things are backordered until the first of the year 2009
Great Planes Ultimate - the Ultimate Biplane
Great Planes Wright Flyer - I'm going counter rotating brushless with this, don't plan on flying it a lot
GWS B2 - foamie ducted fan bomber
Scorpio Condor Magic 29 - a 2.9M Hotliner Glider I got at a swap meet, needs a little work, no longer manufactured
misc Glider - just a glider I bought at the local Mega-Mart, a micro glider conversion I've been working on, way too overpowered the first time around
Gone & Good Riddance:
Great Planes FlatOut Reflection - was a lost cause, I set it up like it said and... GP has discontinued this junk
The Future:
My Own Business
Aerial Photo Heli
E-flite Ultimate
No More RC Clubs - I'm doing UN-CLUBS from now on and Parks - that's why they're called Park Flyers after all & 2.4GHz will be no problem like 72MHz

caltrop
12-17-2008, 10:50 PM

I guess that thread I did a few days back scared everyone off.

I meant to stir the pot with my thread and did not expect it to last.

Lets not do the same with this thread.

Lieutenant Loughead
12-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Not female, but subscribed anyway. :D

Twmaster
12-17-2008, 11:49 PM

Caltrop....

You've got a pretty nice collection of flying stuff. I'm impressed.

Stirring pots is ok now and then. Even a necessary thing once in a while. The previous thread you refer to was shut down as it was basically just arguing in circles and going no where. One may even have seen it as trolling. We are all above that here at WattFlyer. At least I hope we are.

Please leave the animosity out of this thread. Chellie started what I think is a great thread to for lack of better language 'out' the lady flyers in our midst. Please keep this thread on topic as I think this will show us what you gals are doing and indeed capable of.

Sorry for the semi-rant. Chellie, thanks for the post.

Ladies, let's see those planes and helis!

Moxus
12-17-2008, 11:54 PM
does ground personell count?
my assistant mechanic is a girl, shes posing by the extra in my avatar ;)

firemanbill
12-18-2008, 12:31 AM
Ya know what's really funny Cal is that until you made that thread I had no idea you were a woman... up until then I thought you were just another one of the guys... go figure...

But you still are "just one of the guys" as far as I'm concerned.

Nice Wright Flier by the way. How does it fly? I have always been curious about them

Bub Steve
12-18-2008, 01:15 AM
Caltrop:I want one!!!!! bub, steve
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87049&d=1229548386

caltrop
12-18-2008, 04:04 AM
As it is it's kinda slow. It is not an exact replica of the original so it flies a bit better with real ailerons and elevators and a slightly longer frame.

I'm going to scrap the brushed motors & NiMH batteries and put some real motors & batteries on it. I'm putting E-flite 180 motors on it and counter rotating them with some APC props. I originally planned to put the 250 motors on it but after doing some calculations I don't think I'm going to do 3D with a Wright Flyer.

Great Planes quit making the Wright Flyer this year so if you see one on the shelf you'd better grab it. In fact most of the planes have been changed up this year especially with the popularity of electrics growing.

Like I said I'm not going to fly the Wright Flyer a whole lot - it's a scale replica and I don't want it crashed.

Bub Steve
12-18-2008, 04:11 AM
As it is it's kinda slow. It is not an exact replica of the original so it flies a bit better with real ailerons and elevators and a slightly longer frame.

I'm going to scrap the brushed motors & NiMH batteries and put some real motors & batteries on it. I'm putting E-flite 180 motors on it and counter rotating them with some APC props. I originally planned to put the 250 motors on it but after doing some calculations I don't think I'm going to do 3D with a Wright Flyer.

Great Planes quit making the Wright Flyer this year so if you see one on the shelf you'd better grab it. In fact most of the planes have been changed up this year especially with the popularity of electrics growing.

Like I said I'm not going to fly the Wright Flyer a whole lot - it's a scale replica and I don't want it crashed.
Have you got the E-flite motors yet????,,, I got some 180's I replaced on my Blade/CX but that was'nt the prob and I got two extra motor's ,:ws:, Let me know if you need um and I'll USPP them to you,:D bub, steve

firemanbill
12-18-2008, 04:11 AM
Yeah it seems like a good novelty flyer but something you wouldn't take to the field everyday.

It's a looker though.:cool:

Kirsty_Carnage
12-18-2008, 05:24 AM
Just found this thread, that makes 3 of us lovely;-) laides so far.
I have a video on youtube of me flying & 1 of me on phoenix flight sim, but I wont post the flight sim one...it tends to upset some of the guys :Q

By the way everyone, voting has started on the A/P conest No.15, there are some nice photos on there (yes 1 of mine as well) so come on guys/girls get on over a vote.

Kirsty xx

Alpea42
12-18-2008, 05:32 AM
Guys, I think the ladies have us beat as far as organised work benches go. I've seen Chellies and Cals looks pretty good too.

CHELLIE
12-18-2008, 06:43 AM

:D :D :D LOL , Dang Girl, your work shop is nice and neet, I have to clean mine up a little now, I am jelious :red: Very Nice Planes Caltrop ;-) Take care and Stay Sweet, Chellie

CHELLIE
12-18-2008, 06:47 AM
Not female, but subscribed anyway. :D

Yes, Your not Female :ws: But you are a Sweet Heart :$ Your Welcome here too, This thread is for the Gals to Show their Planes, Helis, Ect and the Guys are Welcome to Comment on them :D Take Care, Chellie

CHELLIE
12-18-2008, 06:57 AM
Caltrop....

You've got a pretty nice collection of flying stuff. I'm impressed.

Stirring pots is ok now and then. Even a necessary thing once in a while. The previous thread you refer to was shut down as it was basically just arguing in circles and going no where. One may even have seen it as trolling. We are all above that here at WattFlyer. At least I hope we are.

Please leave the animosity out of this thread. Chellie started what I think is a great thread to for lack of better language 'out' the lady flyers in our midst. Please keep this thread on topic as I think this will show us what you gals are doing and indeed capable of.

Sorry for the semi-rant. Chellie, thanks for the post.

Ladies, let's see those planes and helis!

Hi Mike :ws: yes i agree with you :D sometimes you have to rock the boat a Little :Q Its one of my favorite past Times ;-) I thought it would be nice to see what the Gals are flying and building, and to know who the Women of Wattflyers are, I did not know that Caltrop was Female, its hard to tell by a Screen Name ????Thats Why I started this thread, I would like For the Gals of Wattflyers to get together, and Share Ideas on Planes and help each other out, with power systems and find out where the Best Sales are on Hobby Stuff :D Take care, Chellie

CHELLIE
12-18-2008, 07:10 AM
Ya know what's really funny Cal is that until you made that thread I had no idea you were a woman... up until then I thought you were just another one of the guys... go figure...

But you still are "just one of the guys" as far as I'm concerned.

Nice Wright Flier by the way. How does it fly? I have always been curious about them

Same here Bill :ws: I have to send a Invite to franny too, I dont know how many Women there is on Wattflyers, But i am hoping to find out :D Take care, Chellie

does ground personell count?
my assistant mechanic is a girl, shes posing by the extra in my avatar ;)
Hi Moxus :ws: You BETTER BELIVE SHE COUNTS :D Double in my opinion, being a Mechanic ;-) She is so cute :$ We want to see a vidio of her soon flying a glider or some nice plane ;) Take care, Chellie

Have you got the E-flite motors yet????,,, I got some 180's I replaced on my Blade/CX but that was'nt the prob and I got two extra motor's ,:ws:, Let me know if you need um and I'll USPP them to you,:D bub, steve

And here is Another Sweet Person, one of my Favorite Bubs, Steve :$ Hi Steve , Take care and have fun, Chellie

They All will be chiming in soon AL ;-), I started this thread Late, and did not notify everyone yet, But The Gals Found it Ok, I need to invite Franny and Jasmine, so i will be working on that tonight, Take care, Chellie

Kirsty_Carnage
12-18-2008, 07:12 AM
OK some photos.
1st my canard cap232:Q
http://www.macsgrafs.co.uk/cap232/cap1.jpg

My electric zlin 50L
http://www.macsgrafs.co.uk/cap232/zlin-air1.jpg

By the way that's a super kingsize bed
http://www.macsgrafs.co.uk/cap232/zlin8.jpg

Kirsty xx

CHELLIE
12-18-2008, 07:13 AM
Just found this thread, that makes 3 of us lovely;-) laides so far.
I have a video on youtube of me flying & 1 of me on phoenix flight sim, but I wont post the flight sim one...it tends to upset some of the guys :Q

By the way everyone, voting has started on the A/P conest No.15, there are some nice photos on there (yes 1 of mine as well) so come on guys/girls get on over a vote.

Kirsty xx

Hi Kristy :ws: Glad you found the Thread :D I started this thread late, and have not notified all the women that I know of, and was going to do that tonight, Take care, Chellie

CHELLIE
12-18-2008, 07:15 AM
Thats Cute Kristy :D a canard :Q :Q :Q LOL

Ok off to check out the AP contest :)

CHELLIE
12-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Here is a few more of my Planes

Twmaster
12-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Kirsty...

Who makes that Zlin? Got a link?

Thanks!!

Kirsty_Carnage
12-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Kirsty...

Who makes that Zlin? Got a link?

Thanks!!

Hi Mike,

The zlin is made by YT International & they say its 59" span....in fact it's 63" span. My partner flew it a couple of days ago & he had a bouncer on landing, the wheels ripped off, so he said it needs ground thats not so bumpy for take offs & landing, all fixed now though & here's a video of her in flight:-

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bl2ShfVeaQ&fmt=18

Kirsty xx

Kirsty_Carnage
12-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Hey Chellie, get that swift built, was thinkign of getting one as a fun machine, can you tell me what motor, ESC & blades you are going to use on her?

Kirsty xx

MustangMan
12-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Here's my daughter getting the hang of ground handling with Steve bub's Air Hog. She had several short flights, only a few of which ended in the trees!:D

I've got her set up with a WattFlyer screen name but she's been so busy with school, piano, gymnastics, and soccer that she hasn't had time to hang out online.

I'm building a StevensAero SQuiRT and have a buddy box setup so I'm hoping to get her some signficant air time in the not-too-distant future. She'll probably be out-flying me this time next year...:cool: 'hope so anyway.

Lieutenant Loughead
12-18-2008, 03:59 PM
By the way that's a super kingsize bed
http://www.macsgrafs.co.uk/cap232/zlin8.jpg

Kirsty xxI'm confused... You say that airplane has a 63" wingspan, and you say the bed is a "super kingsize bed"...

Something seems wrong with those two facts... That bed looks more like a "fullsize" bed. I wonder if the size of a "kingsize" bed in Europe is different from a "kingsize" bed in the USA... :confused:

By the way -- I envy the size of your airplane. :D The largest one I have is 51"... :o

Alpea42
12-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Bumpy ground? LOL That sounds like a guys excuse.

Voyager2lcats
12-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Al, I just come out and say "I came in too fast and smashed the landing gear into the ground." LOL. End of story.;)

P.S. Subscribed due to Chellie!

Bumpy ground? LOL That sounds like a guys excuse.

aviatordave
12-18-2008, 04:58 PM
By the way -- I envy the size of your airplane. :D The largest one I have is 51"... :o

I wonder why the wood prop? For looks?

An APC would give better performance, wouldnt it?

I know one thing, you sure wouldnt want to put a glow plane on the bed and have it drip slime all over that nice bed spread.

jasmine2501
12-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Hello y'all :)

I have gone to the Dark Side, beating the air up with rotating wings, and having a lot of fun doing it too! Here's some stuff from my collection!

And yo - where is Franny? I saw her at the last club meeting... yo girlfriend! Post us some photos of that Stearman?!

Franny
12-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Hi All,

Chellie was nice enough to send me a PM about this thread. Thanks Chillie!

I think it is great to hook up with all the gals. I am close to Denver, CO so if you are ever in the area, just give me a jingle and we'll go flying!

I guess my thing is a bit more building than flying, but I've been out of touch for most of the year. That is about to change! I am working on the new work/craft room and hope to get it done before the end of the year. I really enjoy scale and mainly WWI and "Golden Age". I have several kits from AerodromeRC as well as vintage Carl Goldberg and the like. I've even had a few of them published! Anyway, here are a few photos of my babies. Soon on the bench will be a 43" Fokker DRI and then a couple Albatross. I also have a couple old-timers and a vintage 60's Birdi pattern airplane. Holy Cow! I better get busy!

Franny

Franny
12-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Hi Jasmine!

Yes,... just the two of us in that big 'ol club... We'll just kick it Old School!

f

caltrop
12-18-2008, 09:50 PM
...My partner flew it a couple of days ago & he had a bouncer on landing, the wheels ripped off, so he said it needs ground thats not so bumpy for take offs & landing, all fixed now though & here's a video of her in flight:-

Kirsty xx

Been there, done that. Expecially on the grass. Someone sugested I use plastic screws to bolt the landing gear on with. You will have to go one or two sizes larger for strength but it's great. Now when I come in too hard or that darn wind doesn't cooperate all I loose is the gear and I have to do a very careful belly landing the next go round.

I also put larger wheels on my small stuff for the grass. The stock wheels just don't do it. I also do like tail draggers but not that darn skid; I always add a stearable wheel back there. Nothing fancy just a bent piece of wire glued to the rudder. I sometimes run the wire through the skid for extra support.

FlyingMonkey
12-18-2008, 09:51 PM
blah blah blah blah flying!

blah blah blah building blah flying, blah blah blah blah scale blah blah "Golden Age". blah blah blah blah AerodromeRC blah blah blah Carl Goldberg abies.. ARGH! blah blah blah 43" Fokker DRI blah blah blah Albatross.blah blah blah blah vintage 60's Birdi pattern airplane.

Franny

Ok, I had to post, even though it's in the women's thread...

Franny, I LOVE your Taube, marry me, I'll get it in the divorce, you can have everything that's not RC (fortunately for me, thanks to RC, that's not much)

of course I had to edit your post so you could see how us guys read it...

:D

jasmine2501
12-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi Jasmine!

Yes,... just the two of us in that big 'ol club... We'll just kick it Old School!

f

Hehe, yeah I better get to work on the EagleRock. I found a kit that will be really close to what it needs to be and should be easy to modify to get it right. I love the piece of history - turns out they have one at the Wings Over the Rockies, and they know a lot about it :)

I like the Satin Doll, and I think it's the only one I've seen actually fly, but I think I saw the Sportster out there one day?

Yes, she actually flies these, and they still look hot! No hangar queens there :)

This is what I'm talking about BTW - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Aircraft_Company

Voyager2lcats
12-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Wow, that is a pretty little bipe. Very nice. I hope you'll post pictures of the finished product.;)

Hehe, yeah I better get to work on the EagleRock. I found a kit that will be really close to what it needs to be and should be easy to modify to get it right. I love the piece of history - turns out they have one at the Wings Over the Rockies, and they know a lot about it :)

I like the Satin Doll, and I think it's the only one I've seen actually fly, but I think I saw the Sportster out there one day?

Yes, she actually flies these, and they still look hot! No hangar queens there :)

This is what I'm talking about BTW - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Aircraft_Company

Alpea42
12-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Voyager :roll: Look closer , it's the frame of the Stearman befor she covered it.

Old Fart
12-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Subscribed

(not a girl - but when I almost slammed the Hellcat in last week at Warp 2, I was screaming like one)

firemanbill
12-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Subscribed

(not a girl - but when I almost slammed the Hellcat in last week at Warp 2, I was screaming like one)

...and a little girl at that!:Q

Old Fart
12-18-2008, 10:47 PM
Fortunately, the Hellcat wasn't in much of a dive when I pulled out and noticed some "pretty severe horizontal stabilizer deflection"

Cross spar is toast - she'll go under the knife to find out why/how.

Don't listen to the Monkey, Franny - marry me! I'll love you for more than your Taube!

(there IS that lovely Dr.1 and DVIII....)

Franny
12-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Oh My! Two proposals! What's a girl to do?

Is that really what guys hear? Ya know,... That does explain a few things though...

You wouldn't really want someone in the house that gets balsa dust all over, has various airplanes on the kitchen table, argues about displaying airplanes in the living room, can't mow the lawn until after she comes back from flying, spends a bunch of time on line researching and even more in the craft room gluing her fingers together, etc... now would ya?

f

Old Fart
12-18-2008, 11:08 PM
Yep.

jasmine2501
12-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Reminds me of the Far Side cartoon...

Owner says: "Darn it, Ginger, how many times have I told you to stay out of the trash? Ginger, when will you ever learn? Bad dog, Ginger! Bad dog!"

Ginger the dog hears: "blah blah GINGER blah blah blah blah GINGER blah blah blah GINGER blah blah!"

Old Fart
12-18-2008, 11:36 PM
blah blah blah :)

Lieutenant Loughead
12-18-2008, 11:53 PM
You wouldn't really want someone in the house that gets balsa dust all over, has various airplanes on the kitchen table, argues about displaying airplanes in the living room, can't mow the lawn until after she comes back from flying, spends a bunch of time on line researching and even more in the craft room gluing her fingers together, etc... now would ya?Wait... Let me get this straight...

You, and your "Wattflyer husband":

...would both have balsa dust all over the house, and neither of you would care?
...could both store airplanes on the kitchen table, and neither of you would care?
...could both display airplanes in the living room, and neither of you would care?
...could both go flying, until after dark, and then YOU would be willing to mow the lawn?!?!?!? :eek:
...could both have a great time spending a bunch of time on line researching, and even more time in the craft room gluing your body parts together?
LOL -- this sounds too good to be true!!!!! :cool:

Franny
12-18-2008, 11:53 PM
I use that on our kitty Ginger all the time.

Seems to work...

brinnaaa
12-19-2008, 01:27 AM
heya chellie.
i got your private message.
my dad was telling me about this thread this morning before school.
well ive been pretty busy lately.
with waterpolo and everything else.
well talk to you later.

firemanbill
12-19-2008, 01:51 AM
heya chellie.
i got your private message.
my dad was telling me about this thread this morning before school.
well ive been pretty busy lately.
with waterpolo and everything else.
well talk to you later.

... never understood Water Polo. How do you keep the Horses from drowning???;-)

Bub Steve
12-19-2008, 01:59 AM
Here's my daughter getting the hang of ground handling with Steve bub's Air Hog. She had several short flights, only a few of which ended in the trees!:D

I've got her set up with a WattFlyer screen name but she's been so busy with school, piano, gymnastics, and soccer that she hasn't had time to hang out online.

I'm building a StevensAero SQuiRT and have a buddy box setup so I'm hoping to get her some signficant air time in the not-too-distant future. She'll probably be out-flying me this time next year...:cool: 'hope so anyway.
She's a sweety all right, and our newist Mullet Marauder!!:ws:! bub, steve

Moxus
12-19-2008, 02:22 AM
Hi Moxus :ws: You BETTER BELIVE SHE COUNTS :D Double in my opinion, being a Mechanic ;-) She is so cute :$ We want to see a vidio of her soon flying a glider or some nice plane ;) Take care, Chellie

she counts 100 times in my opinion, without going into details about that :)
but i wasnt sure if it counted for this thread.
i have gotten her to fly simulator several times, and i dont thnik she enjoys it too much, but at least i talked her into flying simulator so many times that she takes off, keeps them airborne, and can even land them with some instructions about when to drop throttle, right altitude etc etc.
anyway, i offered her to lend any of my aircrafts, but shes too afraid to crash. even the small ones.
she tried the flybaby, but i think that counts more as a toy than a model. anyway, she flew it great. and even the flybaby seemed a lot more fun in real life than what the simulator was, so maybe i get her to start one day.
i also tried to talk her into spicing up the extra, as the color scheme is quite dull. shes great with a pencil, but it turned out that the airbrush wasnt her, so today the extra is completely white, and waiting for me to come up with some "great" ideas for a nice, yet simple, color scheme.

Alpea42
12-19-2008, 03:48 AM
... never understood Water Polo. How do you keep the Horses from drowning???;-)

brinnaaa here:
i dont really like waterpolo.
i would rather do swim.
but my physical education teacher called me out the other day on my physical abilities.
and said that i needed to some kind of athletic sport and told me to do water polo.
so i talked to the coach and bam i was on the junior varsity team just like that.

firemanbill
12-19-2008, 04:07 AM
brinnaaa here:
i dont really like waterpolo.
i would rather do swim.
but my physical education teacher called me out the other day on my physical abilities.
and said that i needed to some kind of athletic sport and told me to do water polo.
so i talked to the coach and bam i was on the junior varsity team just like that.

Good for you Brinnaaa, Team sports build character and leadership skills. You'll have a good time with it.:ws:

Alpea42
12-19-2008, 04:34 AM
Bill,. you keep the horses from drowning by making them wear speedos. Even a horse wouldn't be caught dead wearing those swim suits.:Q:Q:Q

firemanbill
12-19-2008, 04:36 AM
Bill,. you keep the horses from drowning by making them wear speedos. Even a horse wouldn't be caught dead wearing those swim suits.:Q:Q:Q

LOL, now that makes sense...:Q

Kirsty_Carnage
12-19-2008, 04:44 AM
I'm confused... You say that airplane has a 63" wingspan, and you say the bed is a "super kingsize bed"...

Something seems wrong with those two facts... That bed looks more like a "fullsize" bed. I wonder if the size of a "kingsize" bed in Europe is different from a "kingsize" bed in the USA... :confused:

The bed is 6ft wide, it's great for watching TV online, you can really sloth out on it, you can smell the mahogany as well, almost like being in the jungle:p>

Kirsty x

Kirsty_Carnage
12-19-2008, 04:47 AM
I wonder why the wood prop? For looks?

An APC would give better performance, wouldnt it?

I know one thing, you sure wouldnt want to put a glow plane on the bed and have it drip slime all over that nice bed spread.

The wood prop was the biggest they had at the time, have now got an APC copy on it 18x12 & it really needs a 19x12.
Glow fuel...had far worse on the bed:p>......

We got kids:D

Kirsty xx

aviatordave
12-19-2008, 04:52 AM
and Wilbur (flying Monkey) gave me a hard time about the bed spread....

FlyingMonkey
12-19-2008, 04:54 AM
oops, thought I was somewhere else...

aviatordave
12-19-2008, 04:56 AM
which reminds me, I need to go see crabzilla.

But.....she doesnt want to see you.

How come she aint here in this thread?

Wow, I caught Wilburs post before he edited it! Owned.

Kirsty_Carnage
Been there, done that. Expecially on the grass. Someone sugested I use plastic screws to bolt the landing gear on with. You will have to go one or two sizes larger for strength but it's great. Now when I come in too hard or that darn wind doesn't cooperate all I loose is the gear and I have to do a very careful belly landing the next go round.

I also put larger wheels on my small stuff for the grass. The stock wheels just don't do it. I also do like tail draggers but not that darn skid; I always add a stearable wheel back there. Nothing fancy just a bent piece of wire glued to the rudder. I sometimes run the wire through the skid for extra support.

The original wheels were 2.5 inch, foam. We now have 3.5 rubber, bit more weight but with a thrust to weight ratio of 1:1.38 should be fine:p>
Also have another motor that he reckons will be perfect in it, hopefully some more power...need to be able to carry a 279g panasonic HD video cam+eagletree E-logger+OSD+GPS..now this should be fun.

The trouble is the place where we fly from is a football pitch, the ground is SOAKING due the the amount of days rain we have been suffering here, add to that the scars from football boots & it's a recipe for disaster.

FRANNY:

Love that stearman, what a corker. Tell us more about what you running in her?

Kirsty xx

CHELLIE
Hey Chellie, get that swift built, was thinkign of getting one as a fun machine, can you tell me what motor, ESC & blades you are going to use on her?

Kirsty xx

Hi Kristy :ws: Hey Girl, if you want the Swift, i will make you a great deal on it, i was going to use a 600 motor of about 1100kv and a 4 cell lipo, I was just going to use the stock Blades for now, but if you want it, let me know, I hope its cheap to ship to UK :D I have a shogun v2 400 heli, and thats good enough for me right now, Take Care, Chellie

CHELLIE
12-19-2008, 04:58 AM

She is Sooo Cute :ws: and she has a Radio in Hand :D Ok get her screen name listed here ;-) Take care, Chellie

Bub Steve
12-19-2008, 05:00 AM
She is Sooo Cute :ws: and she has a Radio in Hand :D Ok get her screen name listed here ;-) Take care, Chellie
bub, steve
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/image.php?u=24954&dateline=1226409279&type=profile Maya http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

Kirsty_Carnage
12-19-2008, 05:01 AM
Hi Kristy :ws: Hey Girl, if you want the Swift, i will make you a great deal on it, i was going to use a 600 motor of about 1100kv and a 4 cell lipo, I was just going to use the stock Blades for now, but if you want it, let me know, I hope its cheap to ship to UK :D I have a shogun v2 400 heli, and thats good enough for me right now, Take Care, Chellie

Hi Chellie, its now 04:00 & I'm going to get spanked for being late to bed:p> Dont sellt he swift, trust me I've flown a Mini Titan & a trex600, the bigger they are, the better....now for the guys reading this I'm talking about SIZE...Heli size that is:Q

Kirsty xx

CHELLIE
12-19-2008, 05:01 AM
Al, I just come out and say "I came in too fast and smashed the landing gear into the ground." LOL. End of story.;)

P.S. Subscribed due to Chellie!

You Better Subscribe Here or ELSE :D or else you wont be subscribed here :p> Take Care, Chellie

CHELLIE
12-19-2008, 05:03 AM
Hi Chellie, its now 04:00 & I'm going to get spanked for being late to bed:p> Dont sellt he swift, trust me I've flown a Mini Titan & a trex600, the bigger they are, the better....now for the guys reading this I'm talking about SIZE...Heli size that is:Q

Kirsty xx

Get to bed Hon or your going to have Bags under your eyes :D Good Nite, Chellie

Bub Steve
12-19-2008, 05:04 AM
ChillieBubett::She was a natural flyer!! I gave her the Aero Ace so she can fly anytime she wants, MustangBub's a great Dad and she's got him around her little finger, what a sweety!! bub, steve

CHELLIE
12-19-2008, 05:18 AM
Hi Everyone :D This is really turning out to be a Fun Thread ;-) Thanks to Everyone for making it that way :$ Take care, Chellie

Bub Steve
12-19-2008, 05:19 AM
Hi Everyone :D This is really turning out to be a Fun Thread ;-) Thanks to Everyone for making it that way :$ Take care, Chellie
Everyone has fun when Ms, Chillie's in da House!!! bub, steve

CHELLIE
12-19-2008, 05:26 AM
Hi Franny, Jasmine and Brinnaaa :ws: Glad you came over to join us on this thread, We should have Made a thread like this a long time ago :Q Take care, Chellie

Twmaster
12-19-2008, 05:38 AM
You ladies sure have some truly magnificent models. Thanks for sharing!!

Kirsty.. Thanks for the info on the Zlin.

Alpea42
12-19-2008, 05:38 AM
Ha Ha Heh heh :Q I wont be missing any of these posts. I can't even repeat what I've heard cuz I'm blushing.:red:

CHELLIE
12-19-2008, 05:50 AM
she counts 100 times in my opinion, without going into details about that :)
but i wasnt sure if it counted for this thread.
i have gotten her to fly simulator several times, and i dont thnik she enjoys it too much, but at least i talked her into flying simulator so many times that she takes off, keeps them airborne, and can even land them with some instructions about when to drop throttle, right altitude etc etc.
anyway, i offered her to lend any of my aircrafts, but shes too afraid to crash. even the small ones.
she tried the flybaby, but i think that counts more as a toy than a model. anyway, she flew it great. and even the flybaby seemed a lot more fun in real life than what the simulator was, so maybe i get her to start one day.
i also tried to talk her into spicing up the extra, as the color scheme is quite dull. shes great with a pencil, but it turned out that the airbrush wasnt her, so today the extra is completely white, and waiting for me to come up with some "great" ideas for a nice, yet simple, color scheme.

Hi :ws: have her fly one of those round planes, with the edge folded up, that will give her a lot of stick time, and she wont be afraid to crash it, because its just a cheapy foamy :D here is one of our Chino RC Renegades Pilots with his :)

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=86769&d=1229309251
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=86792&d=1229309441

Franny
12-19-2008, 06:23 AM
Hi Kristy,

The Stearman is the "Military Trainer" kit from AerodromeRC I purchased some years back and built about a year ago. The power is supplied by an AXI2826 and a 4cell 4000mAh Lipo. I have a build log here: http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24894

The covering is Ultracote (which ROCKS!) I also did an addendum to the build instructions over on the AerodromeRC site: http://www.aerodromerc.com (http://www.aerodromerc.com/) Kay is awesome and one heck of a designer! She is also a good friend. Worth a look!

I really envy your larger airplanes! About the biggest I have is equivalent to a .40 size. I E-converted my 20 year old Goldberg Falcon 56 and it is a real blast! That one has the E-Flight Power46 motor. What kind of batteries do you use? Mine are from MaxAmps, but kinda pricey. Oh, here is a link to my website: http://www.frannybrodigan.com/RC_Airplanes.asp

Here is that Falcon...

Take care and great to meet you!!

Franny

CHELLIE
12-19-2008, 06:30 AM

I am Guilty of coming in to fast and tearing the landing gear off of a new plane :D with a new plane, i tend to land them faster, because i have not gotten used to the stall speed of the plane yet, and try to be safe, by landing on the fast side, Take care, Chellie

caltrop
12-19-2008, 06:30 AM
Here's a good starter plane. Careful - the web site there is a little disorganized. This kit runs around $160.
http://lightflite.com/

This is the plane I learned on two years ago and it still flies although there's a lot of glue in it now. It's also been moded from the original - different servo's mounted different & a bigger battery and ESC.

This is a kit but comes with everything except a radio. It is fully 3D capable as well as a slow flyer. With the carbon fiber hoop around the blade it makes it safe & crash proof. It also makes a good combat plane.

Here's the Bug again. On the bench & on the wall.

CaptnJaneway
12-19-2008, 06:33 AM
Hi All,

Franny told me about this post. I have to say that I have tried flying on the simulator and really need to get the hours in. So, here's my contribution to flying. I have spent many hours driving to different flying fields, helping cart airplanes, radios, batteries, coffee, and chairs to the field. It really is a very fun, exciting and social experience! I am enclosing some of the excitement for all of you who wonder why I enjoy going to the field. I really enjoy watching all the skilled pilots and taking lots of photos. I even get a few memorable ones. Here's some of shots. You might recognize the aircraft.

Heidi

caltrop
12-19-2008, 06:33 AM
That's what did it. My posts are running off the side of the screen.

Chellie did a post where two photos are side by side and the text now runs off the screen.

Shame on you! :ws:

CHELLIE
12-19-2008, 06:37 AM
That's what did it. My posts are running off the side of the screen.

Chellie did a post where two photos are side by side and the text now runs off the screen.

Shame on you! :ws:

Sorry :D :D :D Im Bad :rolleyes:

CHELLIE
12-19-2008, 06:40 AM
Hi Heidi :ws: and Welcome to Wattflyers, Lots and Lots of very nice people here, Glad you could join us here, Take care, Chellie

CaptnJaneway
12-19-2008, 06:44 AM
Thanks Chellie,

I hope to see more women reply to the posts. Heidi :)

caltrop
12-19-2008, 07:03 AM
WOW, the screen's back to normal... THANKS! :silly:

I've been spending way too much time online lately... especially here!

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life next year when the unemployment runs out. I'm thinking aerial photography. Now I have an excuse to get that BIG TRex! I can justify that $700 I'm going to spend on a new heli. :D

I might get a different heli but the TRex is affordable. I'm going to think on things over Christmas and buy next year unless I find a really good deal.

jasmine2501
12-19-2008, 07:49 AM
Hi All,

Franny told me about this post. I have to say that I have tried flying on the simulator and really need to get the hours in. So, here's my contribution to flying. I have spent many hours driving to different flying fields, helping cart airplanes, radios, batteries, coffee, and chairs to the field. It really is a very fun, exciting and social experience! I am enclosing some of the excitement for all of you who wonder why I enjoy going to the field. I really enjoy watching all the skilled pilots and taking lots of photos. I even get a few memorable ones. Here's some of shots. You might recognize the aircraft.

Heidi

Go get an air-beater :)

We could use more helicopters buzzing around at the club. You bring the coffee and I'll show ya how to do it :)
http://www.vimeo.com/2561213

CHELLIE
12-19-2008, 07:54 AM
WOW, the screen's back to normal... THANKS! :silly:

I've been spending way too much time online lately... especially here!

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life next year when the unemployment runs out. I'm thinking aerial photography. Now I have an excuse to get that BIG TRex! I can justify that $700 I'm going to spend on a new heli. :D

I might get a different heli but the TRex is affordable. I'm going to think on things over Christmas and buy next year unless I find a really good deal.

Well, We Really Enjoy having you here caltrop :D aerial photography sounds neet, is there a market for it around your area, if there is, go for it ;) get together with kirsty, and ask her what type of buisness use that service, and research the market in your area, i would think that contractors and Goverment would use a service like that, find a nitch market, I was talking to a police friend today at work, and his friend, started selling those air soft guns, that shoot the plastic balls, and he had to get a large warehouse, because his buisness sky rocketed, selling those electric powered guns, and he is only like 27years old, he started part time, now its a big buisness, good for him ;-) hope you find a nitch market that takes off :Q pun intended ;) Take care, Chellie

CHELLIE
12-19-2008, 08:45 AM
CalTrop :ws: what do you think of this buisness, a RC Flight School, teach others to fly RC :D Take care, Chellie

http://www.modelaircraft.org/programs/rcfi.aspx

jimweda
12-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Wow Chellie,
You have some nice scratch builds there. I'm not a female, but does being raised in an all female household count? :ws: Unfortunately for me work has kept me from building and flying as much as I have in the past but I have 2 weeks off starting this saturday and hope to get some of the planes I've been collecting in the air. I have about 15 built and flown, but have a lot NIB that I'd love to get going. What's the field like out where you guys fly. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of my local field, (Apollo in the Valley). The electric field is too small and the flightline is usually filled with a bunch of nitwits who either don't like electric or think they know it all and it has gotten very old. I'm looking for places to fly where everyone gets along. Right now the only field I can get that is at Muroc Model Masters but that's a 75 mile drive each way. If anyone has a good lead on great flying fields with people to match I'd really appreciate it. Thanks and again, great work Chellie!

Jim

Hi Everyone :ws: I was Wondering, Just how many Women Pilots there is on Wattflyers ???? its Hard to tell by the Screen Names, Sooooo, I thought It would be nice to Recognize them Here in this Thread, This Thread is for All, Who are Gendered Female, to Show off Their Planes and flying Ability, and Maybe a Action Video, flying their plane, with Radio In Hand :D I only know of a few Women Pilots here, but I am Learning that there are more than i thought ;) and thats Great, here are a few of my planes, some scratch built and some store bought, I Hope to see all the Women of Wattflyers here, Take Care & God Bless, Chellie

jimweda
12-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Personally I think its a shame more women aren't into this hobby. It would be nice to meet a woman that shared this interest. Unfortunately most of the ones I've met feel this is a silly hobby and a waste of money, but hey, lets fill the closets with clothes they wear once, take a loan out for gobs of make-up and heaven forbid someone should buy THEIR sale items even though they'll never use it. :blah: When I was a much younger lad, I tolerated a lot of that, but when I got into my 40's I found that I became a lot more selective which is probably why I started this hobby late. :D Maybe one day we'll have alot more women interested. I think it would be a blast to be able to build, fly and spend some time at the field with the woman you share your heart with. There are plenty of other things we can do seperately, like, uh, shopping? :p> Oh well, sorry to venture off the path. I just thought this might be an appropriate place to let off a little steam. Have a great one and keep up the good work.

Jim

Kirsty_Carnage
12-19-2008, 12:44 PM
You ladies sure have some truly magnificent models. Thanks for sharing!!

Kirsty.. Thanks for the info on the Zlin.

You're very welcome Mike. Let me just say she is a beauty to fly & with maximum throws...she's a handful, I have another video to upload & will post a link on this thread for you to see.

Kirsty xx

Kirsty_Carnage
12-19-2008, 12:55 PM
FRANNY:

Thanks for the links, love your website & as you can imagiine I went straight to the A/P section...you look so lonely with just your beetle convertable:<:

The batteries I use in the zlin are 6s 5000mAH, the same batts I use in the trex600E...they were very cheap, bought them from an advertiser that features on this website..clue (Hong Kong).

Right back to work, chat with you all later

Kirsty x

Lieutenant Loughead
12-19-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm not a female, but does being raised in an all female household count? :ws: If so, then I qualify as well. :)

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life next year when the unemployment runs out. I'm thinking aerial photography.Be careful with this... I tried the same thing about five years ago... I set up a web page (http://karglusa.com/aerial_photos.aspx), joined the RCAPA (http://www.rcapa.net/), and talked to lots of people about what aerial photography can do for them.

What I found was a whole bunch of people who thought it was very interesting. I found a few people who were willing to pay, but then asked for their money back less than 24 hours after asking for the work to be done.

Part of the problem is that people tend to want you to take a picture of something RIGHT NOW. They don't understand that weather greatly affects our ability to fly...

In short, in five years, I never collected any money from my Aerial Photography business. :o

Voyager2lcats
12-19-2008, 03:37 PM
It looks like a flying blue dot!:rolleyes: I wouldn't let it get too far away, because it will disappear on a clear day.;) LOL.

Hi :ws: have her fly one of those round planes, with the edge folded up, that will give her a lot of stick time, and she wont be afraid to crash it, because its just a cheapy foamy :D here is one of our Chino RC Renegades Pilots with his :)

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=86792&d=1229309441

Voyager2lcats
12-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Jasmine, it's good to see you. I haven't seen you post in a while, but I always enjoy(ed) your input. You are a straight shooter in my book.;)

Hello y'all :)

I have gone to the Dark Side, beating the air up with rotating wings, and having a lot of fun doing it too! Here's some stuff from my collection!

And yo - where is Franny? I saw her at the last club meeting... yo girlfriend! Post us some photos of that Stearman?!

Alpea42
12-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Jimweda, Chellie and I and Minnisteve have flown at Apollo field . The Western States All Elecric Fun Fly in June. We found the Valley R/c Club people to be knowledgable and friendly guys. Course there were no nitro planes flying that day. You're welcome to come out on any Sunday and fly with us at Canyon Hills Jr. High in Chino Hills. It's 50 mi. from Apollo field tho. You can see pictures at the Renegades R/C Club thread. Actually there's a pic of the field 2 posts up.

caltrop
12-19-2008, 06:12 PM
CalTrop :ws: what do you think of this buisness, a RC Flight School, teach others to fly RC :D Take care, Chellie

http://www.modelaircraft.org/programs/rcfi.aspx

Now I have more to think about... Homer Simpson said something about this - "my brain's so full everytime I learn something new I forget something else" or something like that.

---

The batteries I use in the zlin are 6s 5000mAH, the same batts I use in the trex600E...they were very cheap, bought them from an advertiser that features on this website..clue (Hong Kong).

Right back to work, chat with you all later

Kirsty x

Where? What cheap batteries?

I've had some cheap batteries that didn't last the year but if you've found a decent brand I willing to try again.

---

If so, then I qualify as well. :)

Be careful with this... I tried the same thing about five years ago... I set up a web page (http://karglusa.com/aerial_photos.aspx), joined the RCAPA (http://www.rcapa.net/), and talked to lots of people about what aerial photography can do for them.

What I found was a whole bunch of people who thought it was very interesting. I found a few people who were willing to pay, but then asked for their money back less than 24 hours after asking for the work to be done.

Part of the problem is that people tend to want you to take a picture of something RIGHT NOW. They don't understand that weather greatly affects our ability to fly...

In short, in five years, I never collected any money from my Aerial Photography business. :o

I know. 80% of startup businesses fail the first year - been there, done that!

Franchises on the other hand... I still have not heard back from them yet.

Anyway I need an excuse to get that BIG TRex! :ws:

At least I can play around with AP and maybe sell something sometime. There's people out there doing AP. There's a AP company north of Indianapolis, one in Indianapolis, and one over in Ohio (this is a BIG one). then there's AP using real planes & helis but they're really expensive.

http://www.airbornevideoservices.com/Buttons.html
one of their helis is a strang looking thing - really customized.
http://www.bergenrc.com/

I don't plan on being full time in this especially as you said the weather affects things.

Lieutenant Loughead
12-19-2008, 06:51 PM
I know. 80% of startup businesses fail the first year - been there, done that!

Franchises on the other hand... I still have not heard back from them yet.Caltrop -- go to this web page (http://franchise.rc-hobbies.com/realize_your_dream.php), and fill out the form. In the comments box, type something like, "Ken -- Guy asked me to contact you. Please call me at your earliest convenience."

He'll call you back. :)

caltrop
12-19-2008, 07:39 PM
I was doing some reaearch on my old Caliber 30. Thought of converting it to electric but it's a tank.

So, here's the question & the exerpt from the article I found:

Does the leading edge & trailing edge grip orientation work for all heli's? If so It would be perfect for my aerial photography heli since it will not be doing 3D maneuvers.

---

http://www.littlerotors.com/articles/caliber30-010202/index.aspx (http://www.littlerotors.com/articles/caliber30-010202/index.aspx)
"Kyosho Caliber 30
Aaron Williams
Kyosho have designed this chopper for entry to advanced level pilots. If you put the blade grips on with trailing side inputs you make the caliber 30 70% more stable for the learner pilot. If you, as I have done, put the blade grips on with leading side inputs the Caliber is 3D capable. This means there is no need to buy upgrade parts at extra cost. The good thing about the servo arrangement is it can be mechanical or electronic CCPM control. So no mater what radio you have Skysport 6 to a 9ZHP WC2 you can fly this Caliber 30 with ease.
..."

jasmine2501
12-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Caltrop -- go to this web page (http://franchise.rc-hobbies.com/realize_your_dream.php), and fill out the form. In the comments box, type something like, "Ken -- Guy asked me to contact you. Please call me at your earliest convenience."

He'll call you back. :)

They just sold out and closed their store here. The 4 established shops just couldn't be beat. Denver is huge but there wasn't room for another hobby shop. From what I understand, the one in Boulder is going along fine.

So make sure you won't be overkill for your market...

jasmine2501
12-19-2008, 07:44 PM
I was doing some reaearch on my old Caliber 30. Thought of converting it to electric but it's a tank.

So, here's the question & the exerpt from the article I found:

Does the leading edge & trailing edge grip orientation work for all heli's? If so It would be perfect for my aerial photography heli since it will not be doing 3D maneuvers.

..."

It will work just fine either way. On the Blade 400, people flip the grips over, changing from trailers to leaders, and it still flies just fine.

Twmaster
12-19-2008, 07:55 PM
It will work just fine either way. On the Blade 400, people flip the grips over, changing from trailers to leaders, and it still flies just fine.

Some even say it's more responsive and flies better with the grips flipped.

jasmine2501
12-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Some even say it's more responsive and flies better with the grips flipped.

Yes, but I think it's because you can get more pitch range that way.

Twmaster
12-19-2008, 08:16 PM
There was an explanation posted on Heli-freak but I didn't quite understand the physics/dynamics involved.

caltrop
12-19-2008, 08:44 PM
All we have here in Indianapolis is HobbyTown and a couple of other small independent stores & one might be going out of business since the last breakin. I'm looking at a town 50 miles south where there are no hobby shops at all & lots of growth; there's two WalMarts there now.

---

OK, it doesn't fly but the CAT loves it. :ws: I added the optional lites for fun at night. This is the Losi micro Baja Desert Truck from Horizon. They had these at the LHS and the CAT has been wanting one. We got this back when I had a job a few months back. It's really awsome except for the radio. It has a real working supension, a differential, & clutch so you don't burn up the gears. There's also a LiPo upgrade but I figure it's like the Blade CP Pro & you might as well get the real thing like a TRex.

Franny
12-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Ok,... I have a much more serious question ;)...

Have any of you gals ever used a bit of pink in your coverings? The reason I ask is that every time I have the neighborhood kids over the girls (and sometimes their moms too) always comment on my pink and silver SuperSportster biplane. Do you think that it would be that simple to get some girls interested in flying? I am never one to split colors along gender lines, but, still, in this country young girls still go for pink.

What do you think? Any other ideas on how to interest some of young girls?

Whenever I'm flying with them in the back yard they always want to make up stories about where the airplane is from and where it is going and who is flying aboard. This usually calls for several touch and goes so we can go somewhere new. Always entertaining...

Franny

Lieutenant Loughead
12-19-2008, 10:27 PM
They just sold out and closed their store here. The 4 established shops just couldn't be beat. Denver is huge but there wasn't room for another hobby shop. From what I understand, the one in Boulder is going along fine.

So make sure you won't be overkill for your market...Which one closed? Littleton, Thornton, or Aurora? I'd like to question Ken about that! I forget which one was the flagship store, but it all started right there in Denver...

Hey -- as I was tucking in my daughter last night, I asked her if she thought it would be a good idea if I brought some RC airplanes to one of her girl scout meetings. Her eyes lit up, and she said, "SURE!" (she was very excited)...

So, I'd like to thank the girls of this thread, who gave me this small idea... :D

smokejohnson
12-19-2008, 11:24 PM
My wife commented last night that I needed to build a pink and purple plane if I really want to get the attention of my 4 y.o. daughter. I'll build one and let you know if it seems to spark any interest in her. Right now all she ever wants to do is watch me crash :blah:...I entertain her often :Q.

Franny
12-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Ahhh, yes... kids love to watch that and ask the impossible like "can you land it on that road way over there and then fly back" Uh, um,... no.

I'd really be interested in what she thinks of something pink and cute. Sometimes you have to meet people half way ;)

jasmine2501
12-19-2008, 11:55 PM
Which one closed? Littleton, Thornton, or Aurora? I'd like to question Ken about that! I forget which one was the flagship store, but it all started right there in Denver...

Thornton closed down, sold off all the stuff at low low prices :)

jasmine2501
12-19-2008, 11:58 PM

Have any of you gals ever used a bit of pink in your coverings?

Hehe... yeah just a little bit :)

There is a slightly more 'girly' pink Ultracote - "Circus pink" I think it's called - but it's not very popular, so I don't know if Jerry has it - he probably does...

I think I may haul this one in for the contest - I could build better, but might as well take it in. The worst that could happen is nobody votes for it :)

Lieutenant Loughead
12-20-2008, 12:18 AM
Wow -- I invited my wife to fly my brand new Starmax F-5E, and she just rolled her eyes at me...

What can I do to get her interested? :D ;)

Franny
12-20-2008, 12:55 AM
You might want to play up the social aspect a bit. Come to the field with doughnuts and coffee or something and she'll be an instant hit! I see a lot of wives in a PR and advisory role with their husbands. They work as a team and announced as such. Make her feel like she belongs and is a valuable part of your team. The interest can flow from a nice morning outdoors with her husband being with friends - something like that. The flying thing is something that is born early in someone's life but can be developed later. She may want to give it a whirl a little later, but she will probably not want to make a fool of herself so the simulator may help with that.

It is a hard thing to say what interests folks - such a personal thing. Most people like doing things that are fun and not too stressful that the have something they can take away.

Any of that help?

f

Kirsty_Carnage
12-20-2008, 01:57 AM
FRANNY: I have a 6 year old step daughter & shes a typical girl, wants her Daddy to get her a pink 3ch heli for xmas....everything is pink with her.

Kirsty x

caltrop
12-20-2008, 02:17 AM
FRANNY: I have a 6 year old step daughter & shes a typical girl, wants her Daddy to get her a pink 3ch heli for xmas....everything is pink with her.

Kirsty x

Get the E-flite Blade mCX, then get the white canopy & paint it PINK. Go to the Arts & Crap store and get some stickers to spice it up.

What is it with PINK? It's OK but I like other colors too.

Kirsty_Carnage
12-20-2008, 03:51 AM
Get the E-flite Blade mCX, then get the white canopy & paint it PINK. Go to the Arts & Crap store and get some stickers to spice it up.

What is it with PINK? It's OK but I like other colors too.

We were thinking more inline wit a picoZ or whatever they are called, that would do her fine & she cant harm too many people with it;)

Kirsty x

Lieutenant Loughead
12-20-2008, 04:25 AM
Kirsty -- before spending money on the PicoZ, check out the E-Flite Blade mCX.

The PicoZ is very difficult to control, and the Blade mCX will go where you tell it. Your daughter will grow tired and frustrated with the PicoZ -- the mCX is a much better way to get her "hooked" on RC. :D

CHELLIE
12-20-2008, 05:43 AM

Have any of you gals ever used a bit of pink in your coverings? The reason I ask is that every time I have the neighborhood kids over the girls (and sometimes their moms too) always comment on my pink and silver SuperSportster biplane. Do you think that it would be that simple to get some girls interested in flying? I am never one to split colors along gender lines, but, still, in this country young girls still go for pink.

Whenever I'm flying with them in the back yard they always want to make up stories about where the airplane is from and where it is going and who is flying aboard. This usually calls for several touch and goes so we can go somewhere new. Always entertaining...

Franny

Pink ???? gee, I would never use Pink for a covering or trim :D

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87013&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1229505778http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87014&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1229505778http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87016&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1229505778

oK I am Soooo Busted :Q :D ;-) :p>

Manta1
12-20-2008, 05:44 AM

Franny

WOW!that bipe looks way kool!! how does it fly? i bet my daughter would like a plane with a pink color scheme like that...Why didnt i think of that???Guess cause im a man.hehehe im glad i found this thread..always can learn somethin from women...wish more flew where im at.maybe my wife would get into it more

CHELLIE
12-20-2008, 05:45 AM

Franny

Super Nice Plane Franny, and pink Looks Great On It ;-)

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87244&d=1229717370

caltrop
12-20-2008, 06:16 AM
You're making me want to strip all the covering off of my new Ultimate Bipe and make it PINK. The ARF covering is not too good anyway.

PINK sould be easy to see in the air.

I did like the Pink Panther when I was growing up. I wasn't too happy with the DVD set that came out a few years back.

---

The E-flite Blade mCX is a wonderful micro heli. I don't think you can hurt anyone with it even if you tried. The mCX will also teach real heli skills where the toy helis won't. The mCX does cost more.

A lot of the toy helis are more like gyro-copters in that they always keep moving forward and never hover but they still look like a real heli.

The top blades & flybar are the parts that break the most with the mCX. Right now those parts are on backorder.

Whatever, it's your choice.

Franny
12-20-2008, 06:16 AM
Chicks dig it! I'm not a huge fan of the bubble gum pink, but the pearl is really neat.

So, how does it fly? Pretty well actually. It is a biplane though so it won't slow to a crawl on landings. I actually haven't flown it a bunch and I think it is a tad tail heavy (not a good thing on the biplane). I added the outboard struts for looks. I never did get a straight answer from GP about why they dropped it from the SuperSportster line. The build was a bit weird and needlessly difficult in some places, but it has a cool sporty look. From what I read from others, people liked it. Most were heavy and fast. Mine sports an AXI 2826 and that 4X4000mAH pack - about 500Wor so. I had a great time covering up where the cylinder is supposta stick out ;) Here is a couple shots of the nose... Seems all my airplanes have to have a cuteness factor. The Satin Doll is probably the most cute.

f

caltrop
12-20-2008, 06:37 AM
Looks a bit like an Ultimate except for the nose. I also noticed that the control surfaces are not as large. Probably where they got the design for the Ultimate from.

Great Planes has changed things up quite a bit this year and so has Horizon. Yeah, 'THEY' rarely do answer your questions. I had a little GP foamie the I did by the book and it just would not fly good, I asked why...

---

Oh well, soo much for the RC store franchise... 'THEY' want around 1/4 million for startup. Dang, with that kind of money I wouldn't have to start a store in the first place.

jasmine2501
12-20-2008, 07:27 AM
With that mCX, you have an instant hit... I was flying mine earlier tonight - and if it comes right down to it, someone is already making some replacement bodies for it...
http://www.micro-flight.com/MIAUPGRADES-PINKPROKIT-MCX-1000.jpg

CHELLIE
12-20-2008, 12:24 PM
My wife commented last night that I needed to build a pink and purple plane if I really want to get the attention of my 4 y.o. daughter. I'll build one and let you know if it seems to spark any interest in her. Right now all she ever wants to do is watch me crash :blah:...I entertain her often :Q.

Hi James :ws: make her one of those round planes from pink foam, make it big, so its easy to fly and see, she will love it, Hope that helps, Chellie

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=86769&d=1229309251

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=86791&d=1229309441

brinnaaa
12-21-2008, 04:22 AM
well i havent been on much.
just so busy with my social life, school, brothers scouts, church, and waterpolo.
hope everybody has a Merry Christmas.
So who wants what for Christmas?
i know what i want and its only one thing.
:)

jasmine2501
12-21-2008, 05:34 AM
I just want some nice weather so I can get my Trex 250 outside one of these days :)

CHELLIE
12-21-2008, 12:23 PM
well i havent been on much.
just so busy with my social life, school, brothers scouts, church, and waterpolo.
hope everybody has a Merry Christmas.
So who wants what for Christmas?
i know what i want and its only one thing.

Hi Brinnaaa :ws: Yea I know what you want for Christmas :D You want to Hit the Lotto :Q me too ;-) now your going to have to say that I am right, or there are 2 things you want, a new Bi Plane Too, Right :p> Take Care and Stay Sweet, Chellie

Kirsty_Carnage
12-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Don't forget me ladies if you win the lotto, I would love a 80"+ span Tucano ;-)
Well I have so much work to do & so little time, chrimbo is nearly upon us & my bedroom is like the hangers on an aircraft carrier...heli's & aircraft everywhere, studio lights, large format printer & half used canvas rolls....it's a mess!!! If I dont get a grip my fiance might cut off my shoe allowance :(

Merry xmas fellow fliers

Kirsty xxx

brinnaaa
12-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Hi Brinnaaa :ws: Yea I know what you want for Christmas :D You want to Hit the Lotto :Q me too ;-) now your going to have to say that I am right, or there are 2 things you want, a new Bi Plane Too, Right :p> Take Care and Stay Sweet, Chellie

The one thing that I really want is a digital camera Chellie.

CHELLIE
12-21-2008, 11:11 PM
The one thing that I really want is a digital camera Chellie.

Ok, I forgot about that :D I know that you dont need any more Boy Friends, your dad had to buy a shotgun to keep all the Cute Guys away from you :Q hey Girl, If I win the Lotto, you will get a digital camera and all the women Pilots here will get a 80" span Tucano ;-) Take care and Stay Sweet, Chellie

Bub Steve
12-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Ok, I forgot about that :D I know that you dont need any more Boy Friends, your dad had to buy a shotgun to keep all the Cute Guys away from you :Q hey Girl, If I win the Lotto, you will get a digital camera and all the women Pilots here will get a 80" span Tucano ;-) Take care and Stay Sweet, Chellie
If you win the lotto ya'll can dress me up an call me Sally!!!:Q!!your bub'ett Stephenie:D

CHELLIE
12-21-2008, 11:43 PM
If you win the lotto ya'll can dress me up an call me Sally!!!:Q!!your bub'ett Stephenie:D

LOL :D :D :D Thats Funny, Ok Sally :p> Take care, Chellie

brinnaaa
12-22-2008, 03:28 AM

Haha i dont have any boyfriends! But i have friends that are guys!
Does that count?:Q
lol.
Well good luck with winning the lotto chellie.

CHELLIE
12-22-2008, 06:45 AM
I just want some nice weather so I can get my Trex 250 outside one of these days :)

check this out jasmine :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb7X4K7Fi9I

Kirsty_Carnage
12-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Thanks Chellie, I will keep my fingers crossed that you win :p>
Brinnaaa, hope you get a Canon...5d MK2 would be perfect for you.

Kirsty xx

jasmine2501
12-22-2008, 05:26 PM

Yeah I like the one where she's holding the radio behind her back and stuff... not that I ever look at the sticks, but that's just good showmanship :)

Bub Steve
12-22-2008, 07:03 PM
She's the Best 3-D'er man or woman I've EVER saw!!:silly:! I have a hard time pull'in the collective to neg at the top of my (infrequent::o) loops!!Vids like this make me lose all hope,,HaHaaa!:Q thank's Ms Chillie! bub, steve

caltrop
12-22-2008, 07:16 PM
She's GOOD!

I can do that too... at least on the simulator. I haven't tried the transmitter behind the back trick though.

I haven't gotten brave enough to do it with a real heli yet. Plus I don't have to money to buy a new heli afterwards.

I'm still trying to master that little Blade CP Pro. It has a new controller in it now, we figured that's what was wrong with it not the pilot. I've heard of several people having CP contoller issues. It also has been upgraded to a DX7, worked good for a while then started doing stuff by itself.

I have a Blade 400 and it's a lot easier to fly.

I'm looking at a BIG TRex soon. A 500 or 600. Something I can stap a camera on. I'll fly it by itself before strapping on hundreds or thousands of dollars of camera equipment.

Hope you get that perfect gift, happy holidays :D

jasmine2501
12-23-2008, 01:08 AM
Yeah I've pretty much given up on the CP Pro - every time I take it out I fully expect it to be the last flight. I have upgraded it with Spektrum radio, G110 gyro and direct-drive tail, and it's still wonky, but it does fly a lot better than it did. IMO, it is just too small and the low head speed makes it really unstable. Trex 250 on the other hand - 4200-4500 head speed... smaller than the CP Pro but miles better. If you're capable of inverted hovers, you'll be ready for the Trex 250, and will find it much better than anything else in that size range.

Did you see my Blade 400 videos? After only a couple months of flying on the weekends, I could do most of the basic stuff...

http://vimeo.com/1707288

caltrop
12-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Vimeo???

Is this the replacement for YouTube?

I've also heard of FaceBook.

YouTube is bad enough since I have a cap on my MBps. Some of us have a GB limit per month and my connection is not that fast. Even where I used to work the internet was choppy even with a so called T1 connection.

Oh well, maybe some day I'll have a real internet connection and a new TRex... but if the economy keeps on the way it is I won't have an internet connection or much else. :sad:

jasmine2501
12-23-2008, 05:28 PM
It's not anywhere near as popular as Youtube, but I like that. It allows much larger files - you'll notice the Piro Flip training video is in HD, and even with smaller files it seems to have better quality, although Youtube is catching up and even allows some HD content now. I usually post my videos to both sites, but if I want to link it somewhere and I care if people can see it, I'll put the Vimeo link. Another great feature of Vimeo is that members can download the original file that I uploaded. It's just a better way to do video - but you have a 500MB upload limit per week, and HD videos can eat that up pretty fast.

caltrop
12-23-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm wanting a bigger electric heli and the LHS's stop at a TRex 450. They sometimes have a couple of large planes but for the most part LHS's only stock the small stuff.

I've known people that shop with HeliProz. Then there's Heli Hobby, A Main Hobbies, Horizon (limited TRex kits). The price is the same everywhere so it looks like Align fixes its' pricing. Then a lot of online shops have difficult web-sites like HeliProz & others. I don't want to shop with an online dealer that is trouble.

Was it FMA Direct that I heard about somebody hacking into and loosing customer credit card numbers? See, that's what I want to avoid. That and poor customer service.

---

Thanks Jasmine for telling me about Vimeo. I did know that YouTube would not let you download so I figured the same for Vimeo.

Lieutenant Loughead
12-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Was it FMA Direct that I heard about somebody hacking into and loosing customer credit card numbers?Yep -- I was one of those people who had their credit card information stolen from FMA Direct... I had all kinds of crazy charges on my credit card...

Luckily, my credit card company caught the fraud, and put a hold on my card -- and didn't even charge me for any of the fraudlant charges.

Unluckily, I happened to be about 600 miles from home when the credit card company decided to cancel my credit card... :eek: (I was fortunate to have a "backup" credit card, for emergencies just like that one!)

Kirsty_Carnage
12-23-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm wanting a bigger electric heli and the LHS's stop at a TRex 450. They sometimes have a couple of large planes but for the most part LHS's only stock the small stuff.

I've known people that shop with HeliProz. Then there's Heli Hobby, A Main Hobbies, Horizon (limited TRex kits). The price is the same everywhere so it looks like Align fixes its' pricing. Then a lot of online shops have difficult web-sites like HeliProz & others. I don't want to shop with an online dealer that is trouble.

Caltrop, there are other helis in the 600 size, have you looked at logo range, they have some beauties, also century helicopters have some nice ones..if you want good prices on trex 600 I use Epants, several sellers in Taiwan doing REALLY good prices.....thats where mine came from.

Kirsty xx

jasmine2501
12-24-2008, 05:13 AM
Most of the LHS around here have exact same or better prices than online, so you might go in a have them order you one. I asked at one of mine if I could get a Trex 250 and he called me when it came in, and gave me $50 off the best online price I've seen. I don't know how he does it... two local places are like that, and the other one I usually go to is right about the same as online stuff, but with no shipping :)

Bub Steve
12-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Most of the LHS around here have exact same or better prices than online, so you might go in a have them order you one. I asked at one of mine if I could get a Trex 250 and he called me when it came in, and gave me $50 off the best online price I've seen. I don't know how he does it... two local places are like that, and the other one I usually go to is right about the same as online stuff, but with no shipping :)
jasmine:: take me shopp'in wit ya sometime!:D! that 48 hour fight to Hobby-city's gett'in old!:ws:!! HaHaa! your bub, steve (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/member.php?u=27042)

FlyingMonkey
12-24-2008, 03:29 PM
steve, you might want to check that link...

Bub Steve
12-24-2008, 03:36 PM
HaHaaaa! thats cool!!!I did'nt have a cue it went anywhere,,, I befriended
tracebass while there, Lets all make him a bub, he's new and we can befeind him for Christmas!!bub, steve

caltrop
12-24-2008, 11:34 PM
What kind of video editing software do you use?

Remember I'm still using WinXP. I don't like upgrading until at least the second release of an operating system or until my system croaks.

I'm wanting to start shooting videos of my planes & helis and for aerial photography. I want to edit the movies and add music from my MP3 collection.

Panasonic cameras do Quicktime (movie.mov).

jasmine2501
12-25-2008, 12:42 AM
What kind of video editing software do you use?

Remember I'm still using WinXP. I don't like upgrading until at least the second release of an operating system or until my system croaks.

I'm wanting to start shooting videos of my planes & helis and for aerial photography. I want to edit the movies and add music from my MP3 collection.

Panasonic cameras do Quicktime (movie.mov).

I use a Panasonic HDD camera 40GB, and it doesn't do quicktime, it does mpeg4. So, I use a combination of Adobe Premiere and MovieMaker to get professional editing and good compression. Premiere just refuses to make a small enough file, but MovieMaker seems to be able to crunch it down pretty good.

There is nothing wrong with Vista - once you get all your software installed and get into the daily grind with it, you don't get bothered by the security warnings any more. If you take the time to set it up right, you can also make it use just a tiny bit more memory than XP - but you don't get all the stupid little animations in the user interface, which I hated anyway.

There is no reason to avoid Vista, it just got some bad press, and IMO, didn't deserve it. The security warnings are in there because people have a history of being stupid with their computers, and this is MS way of punishing stupid users for downloading viruses and then blaming their own personal dumb moves on Microsoft. I have never run virus protection of any kind and I have never gotten a virus or ad-ware, since 2001, when I did get some ad-ware on my Win2000 machine, and in Microsoft's defense, I deserved it for installing something I knew I shouldn't have...

CHELLIE
12-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Happy Holidays to Everyone :ws:

CHELLIE
12-25-2008, 01:05 AM
Well, I think I am going to start a new small buisness next year, making giant Foam planes, my Katana turned out well, so my next proto type will be a 6' w/s Bi plane, something like this, from 9mm depron, a flat wing and a full body, I might even make the wing from 6mm depron and have a air foil to it, i will just have to try different things, thats what I love about this hobby, is that you can be very creative, Take care, Chellie

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87904&d=1230175098http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87905&d=1230175368

Bub Steve
12-25-2008, 01:08 AM
I am Having Fun With MIKES :D

CHELLIE (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/member.php?u=9811)

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/image.php?u=9811&dateline=1229506372 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/member.php?u=9811)

http://www.wattflyer.com/photopost/images/photo1.png (http://www.wattflyer.com/photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=9811&cat=500)13
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club

Awards Showcase (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/member.php?u=9811#award)
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/images/medals/100icon.gif (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/member.php?u=9811#aw_issue117) http://www.wattflyer.com/photopost/data/506/chellieawardsm.gif (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/member.php?u=9811#aw_issue39)
iTrader: (4 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/itrader.php?u=9811))
Friends: (68 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/member.php?u=9811))
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif
Originally Posted by MikeS http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=530031#post530031)I never heard or saw one female pilot in Chicago. Chellie must be in drag. Prove you are female. Mike
Well thats a mean thing to say, with out knowing me, I will send you part of my drivers lic, print it, then eat it, its better than CROW :D

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87886&d=1230162509

Attached Thumbnailshttp://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87886&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1230162509 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87886&d=1230162509)
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87887&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1230163027 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87887&d=1230163027)
Look'in nice as you do and fly'in well as you do's:ws: about to make me lose all hope,:red: your bub,( and I'm Single!!:D HaHaaa:Q!)steve

Alpea42
12-25-2008, 01:27 AM
Mike S , Chellie has the knowledge , skill and enthusiasim for the Hobby like the rest of us guys.However she is a very nice lady and human being. No proof necessary Chellie.

CHELLIE
12-25-2008, 01:35 AM
Mike S , Chellie has the knowledge , skill and enthusiasim for the Hobby like the rest of us guys.However she is a very nice lady and human being. No proof necessary Chellie.

Thank you AL, Your Sweet :$

CHELLIE
12-25-2008, 03:05 AM
Caltrop, there are other helis in the 600 size, have you looked at logo range, they have some beauties, also century helicopters have some nice ones..if you want good prices on trex 600 I use Epants, several sellers in Taiwan doing REALLY good prices.....thats where mine came from.

Kirsty xx

Hi kristy :ws: Your new avitar picture is very Cute, I am So Jelious :D Take care, Chellie

ministeve2003
12-25-2008, 03:36 AM
d

ministeve2003
12-25-2008, 03:43 AM
d

jasmine2501
12-25-2008, 06:09 AM
Only thing I want from Adobe Premiere is better audio editing, so I could do multi-tracking "the right way" and better compression. There are ways to do it I think, but it was pretty hard to just learn the basics. So I use MovieMaker for final cuts, but I do all my titles and scene cutting in Premiere. Sometimes I cut out some bad words...

http://www.vimeo.com/2392729

jasmine2501
12-25-2008, 06:13 AM
Well, I think I am going to start a new small buisness next year, making giant Foam planes, my Katana turned out well, so my next proto type will be a 6' w/s Bi plane, something like this, from 9mm depron, a flat wing and a full body, I might even make the wing from 6mm depron and have a air foil to it, i will just have to try different things, thats what I love about this hobby, is that you can be very creative, Take care, Chellie

I've seen some big foamies around here that have plywood braces and are covered with monokote. I don't think foam by itself is strong enough past a certain size, but it's a good idea and I've seen it work :)

CHELLIE
12-25-2008, 06:24 AM
I've seen some big foamies around here that have plywood braces and are covered with monokote. I don't think foam by itself is strong enough past a certain size, but it's a good idea and I've seen it work :)

Hi Jasmine :ws: Your right ;-) foam by itself is not very strong, on my 49" W/S katana, i had to use a square boxed cf tube, that worked great, CF is foams best friend :D I am looking at making a take apart foam biplane, 1/3 of the wing will be with the fuse, and the other pieces will slide on the middle wing, and also be the braces, its all consept right now, but i have already built it in my head :silly:lot of space in there:Q I want it so it will take off in 3 feet or less :rolleyes: and land like a kite, wish me luck, it will be made from 9mm depron, and maybe 6 mm on the wings, i will just have to try it, each wing section will be 2' long, so it will be easy to transport to the field, Take care, Chellie

ministeve2003
12-25-2008, 06:24 AM
d

Airhead
12-25-2008, 06:26 AM
Happy Holidays to all you folks in this thread... This is very interesting reading. I think there are some more gals out there. Good idea Chellie..

ministeve2003
12-25-2008, 06:27 AM
d

CHELLIE
12-25-2008, 06:30 AM
the audio editing is pretty much the same for both programs... actually both programs are very similar, and they both do the multi-track... but Director is a little less complicated... and seems to work alot better...
SK

Hi Steve :ws: that mid air reminded me of my near miss with ALs 40 size plane, my little profile Mavrick Foamy, almost tore ALs plane to ribbons :Q :D ;-) you could hear the impact, but no damage was done, AL got lucky this time :p> Take care, Chellie

CHELLIE
12-25-2008, 06:32 AM
Happy Holidays to all you folks in this thread... This is very interesting reading. I think there are some more gals out there. Good idea Chellie..

Hi Bruce :ws: Happy Holidays to You and Yours :$ Chellie

jasmine2501
12-25-2008, 08:15 AM
Hi Steve :ws: that mid air reminded me of my near miss with ALs 40 size plane, my little profile Mavrick Foamy, almost tore ALs plane to ribbons :Q :D ;-) you could hear the impact, but no damage was done, AL got lucky this time :p> Take care, Chellie

It was a bad day that day - did you see the deadstick gasser bounce in at the end? Those guys that hit actually have some of the nicest planes at the club, and are very good pilots. The Katana was not flying in the pattern...

I have a lot of other footage of the Yak, but haven't bothered to post it - the guy asked me to make a DVD for his friend, but I haven't got quite enough film for that yet.

Kirsty_Carnage
12-25-2008, 09:03 AM
Merry chrimbo to you all...its 8AM & the kids are still asleep!!!!!!!!

Kirsty xxxx

CHELLIE
12-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Merry chrimbo to you all...its 8AM & the kids are still asleep!!!!!!!!

Kirsty xxxx

Happy Holidays to You and Yours Kristy, Take care, Chellie

brinnaaa
12-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Merry christmas! Its 6 am here!
And my brother woke me up at 4!

xuzme720
12-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Merry Christmas, Everyone! Happy Holidays!

Merry christmas! Its 6 am here!
And my brother woke me up at 4!

Did you get your camera?:tc:

brinnaaa
12-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Merry Christmas, Everyone! Happy Holidays!

Did you get your camera?:tc:

Yes i did get my camera! Im so excited!
Its a Sanyo VPC S1070.

jasmine2501
12-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Happy Holidays Y'all :D

Had some fun with the kids today. Hoping for this kind of weather for the New Years Day Frozen Finger Fun Fly!

http://www.vimeo.com/2631694

Twmaster
12-26-2008, 09:45 AM
Say Jasmine...

Nice flying. Am I mistaken or are you still relatively new to CP helis??

Alpea42
12-26-2008, 04:44 PM
Nice flight jasmine. Thought after 2 days of light rain prtly cloudy skies we'ld get flyin weather today. Sky dawned clear,air was still and sunny but a very unusual morning wind has come up. So the air hog foamy Xmas presents might be grounded . Till it's calmer.

jasmine2501
12-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Say Jasmine...

Nice flying. Am I mistaken or are you still relatively new to CP helis??

Sort of yeah - I got my CX2 last year for Christmas, then I got my Trex 450 around April of this year. Lots of sim time and airplane experience helps a lot I think - if you learn to fly your plane with proper rudder.

Twmaster
12-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Thanks. ISTR you getting your CX2 about the same time I got mine last year. I just don't have the time I need to get outside with a larger CP bird. (I have a Dragonus II 450 and a King 2 just sitting here).

CHELLIE
12-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Happy Holidays Y'all :D

Had some fun with the kids today. Hoping for this kind of weather for the New Years Day Frozen Finger Fun Fly!

http://www.vimeo.com/2631694

Nice flight Jasmine :D

Bill G
12-27-2008, 04:42 AM
On the Zlin,
That's the scheme I like on the Zlin too. The only 3D plane I'd want, since they're not so overdone.
--------
Chellie, not saying you're not worth it :D but I was going to go cheap mail on the motor, and I learned something today: When you re-use Priority boxes they make you pay Priority. That said, you should have a motor in 2 days or so.

CHELLIE
12-27-2008, 04:53 AM
On the Zlin,
That's the scheme I like on the Zlin too. The only 3D plane I'd want, since they're not so overdone.
--------
Chellie, not saying you're not worth it :D but I was going to go cheap mail on the motor, and I learned something today: When you re-use Priority boxes they make you pay Priority. That said, you should have a motor in 2 days or so.

Thats Ok, You Can Say It, I am a Cheap Date :Q Thank you Bill, Oh BTW, turn the boxes inside out, Talk about cheap huh :D :$

Bill G
12-27-2008, 05:27 AM
Thats Ok, You Can Say It, I am a Cheap Date :Q Thank you Bill, Oh BTW, turn the boxes inside out, Talk about cheap huh :D :$I actually asked them about turning the box inside out, and they said they wouldn't go for that either.:D

CHELLIE
12-27-2008, 05:28 AM
I actually asked them about turning the box inside out, and they said they wouldn't go for that either.:D

what they dont know wont hurt them :Q :D ;-)

Kirsty_Carnage
12-27-2008, 11:37 AM
On the Zlin,

Hi Bill, haven't tried 3D with it to be honest, I'm still very much a newbie to R/C aircraft. There is one downside to this colour scheme...it doesn't stand out very well against overcast skies!

Kirsty xx

Bill G
12-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi Bill, haven't tried 3D with it to be honest, I'm still very much a newbie to R/C aircraft. There is one downside to this colour scheme...it doesn't stand out very well against overcast skies!

Kirsty xx
Everybody's an expert on the forums, right?:D
Seriously, always good to hear honesty once in a while too.

I have few silver airplanes that have survived through sheer luck, when flying on grey days. The chrome one's also a kick when the sun reflects off of it just right.

what they dont know wont hurt them :Q :D ;-)
Actually the next time I think I tape together one of my custom cardboard scrap pile boxes for them. The kind that look like they may not survive the hopper.:D

FlyingMonkey
12-27-2008, 05:16 PM

Kirsty xx

Don't sell yourself so short, you fly pretty well. I saw your flight sim video, and yes, I watched the screen...

Kirsty_Carnage
12-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Don't sell yourself so short, you fly pretty well. I saw your flight sim video, and yes, I watched the screen...

::o:red:;-) One of the few that did then!

On a different note guess who won the AP contest???:p>

Happy new year to you all, what-ever your sex.

Kirsty xxx

FlyingMonkey
12-27-2008, 08:16 PM
::o:red:;-) One of the few that did then!

On a different note guess who won the AP contest???:p>

Happy new year to you all, what-ever your sex.

Kirsty xxx

A total rip off, I heard some broad won it.

I bet they had to give it to her because of some affirmative action deal.

CHELLIE
12-27-2008, 11:08 PM
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif And the winners are......
Ok, the tallies are in -

First Place, Winner of the ASKMAN setup -

Kirsty Carnage

And Second Place, winner of some nice Wattflyer stickers -

TaSaJaRa

Congrats Kirsty :D :D :D

FlyWheel
12-28-2008, 12:58 AM
Hey, I'm a WattFlyer and I would love to have a woman pilot on me!

<me running desperatly for cover..>

CHELLIE
12-28-2008, 04:31 AM
Hi Everyone :ws: I Maiden my Mig 29 today, it was made from Parkjet Plans that I downloaded from a Wattflyer Thread, it needs a little triming, but it was fun, a little down thrust and a little more nose weight, and it will be a blast to fly, I made it from 9 mm foam rather than 6mm, because thats what i had Laying around :D it has a 2835 2700kv inrunner, a 6x4 APC prop, a 30 amp esc, and a 2350mah 3 cell lipo, the w/s is 30" it was a little tail heavy as you can see during the launch, but i stuck with it, I made the landing a little hard, but i landed it on a dime :Q enjoy the vid, Chellie

http://vimeo.com/2648235?pg=embed&sec=2648235

Alpea42
12-28-2008, 06:59 AM
She's so humble. I watched the flight and tail heavy or not she thru in a couple of hi rate rolls just for fun.

xuzme720
12-28-2008, 07:14 AM
Yeah! That things roll rate is phenomenal! But I'd say the pilot had her hands full saving the launch! Another beautiful vid, Chellie!

CHELLIE
12-28-2008, 09:06 AM
She's so humble. I watched the flight and tail heavy or not she thru in a couple of hi rate rolls just for fun.
Hi AL, Sorry if I Scared you with the Launch :D It was fun to fly, another Perfect day, your Funtana flew great, Take care, Chellie

Yeah! That things roll rate is phenomenal! But I'd say the pilot had her hands full saving the launch! Another beautiful vid, Chellie!
Thank you xuzme :D It was fun to fly, thats the first time i flew a plane with the ailerons and the Tailerons hooked together, and working the same ;-) it scared me a little at first :red: but i got it to fly :p> just got done adding a little down thrust to the motor, and added a little more nose weight, charged the lipos and radios, and i am ready to go play with the big Boys again :Q Take care, Chellie

CHELLIE
12-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Hi Everyone :ws: If your enjoying this thread, go to the top of the page and give it your rating/vote, everyone can vote once per thread, just click on rating where the 5 Stars Are :D ;-) Take care, Chellie

CHELLIE
12-28-2008, 10:24 AM

I have to Thank Ray for that Video, I had My Hands Full :D Take care, Chellie

Kirsty_Carnage
12-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Well flown Chellie, even heard a guy in the background promoting wattflyer;-)

Kirsty x

Kirsty_Carnage
12-28-2008, 03:07 PM
A total rip off, I heard some broad won it.

I bet they had to give it to her because of some affirmative action deal.

Best way complain to the GUYS!!! That voted for the winning pic then, they obvioulsy don't know a good photo when they see one:p>

FlyWheel
12-28-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm not a horse.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=88216
And I'm still trying to embed uploaded photos without having the attachment remain as well...:mad:

Lieutenant Loughead
12-28-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm not a horse.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=88216
And I'm still trying to embed uploaded photos without having the attachment remain as well...:mad:Holy smokes... That's an image I didn't need burned into my brain... :blah:

I think I need a stiff drink... :o

Kirsty_Carnage
12-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Nice speedos:Q looks like you've had a Stiff drink already;-)

Kirsty xx

CHELLIE
12-29-2008, 12:22 AM
Well flown Chellie, even heard a guy in the background promoting wattflyer;-)

Kirsty x

Thank You Kirsty :ws: The Guy in the Background is the Renegades Rc flying Club President AL, or ALpea42 here on Wattflyers, the Mig was a lot of fun, and rolled like crazy :D I will fly it again next weekend, with the new adjustments made to it, Take care, Chellie

FlyWheel
12-29-2008, 01:52 AM
Nice speedos:Q looks like you've had a Stiff drink already;-)

Kirsty xx

Actually, as with most of my decisions, practicality ruled the day (IOW, I was quite sober whan I chose "speedo" type swimwear http://mescal.pixelized.ch/smilies/asd.gif).

That picture was taken on a bicycle tour. Speedos, it turns out, weigh almost nothing and can be rolled up into a ball the size of a walnut, taking up no extra space in a pack. http://mescal.pixelized.ch/smilies/victory.gif

Alpea42
12-29-2008, 06:47 AM
Ha Ha Ha O K O K there is One Person with enough B___S to wear speedos. While not on an Olympic diving team. And he keeps walnuts in his............... Backpack. What did you think I was going to say.:Q Chellie told me to launch that jet at a 45 deg. angle nose up. We didn't know it was gonna go verticle upon leaving my hand.

Biplane Murphy
12-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Gee Wiz.....if only I could convince my Gal to fly planes with me.......I would be a happy guy indeed!!
Balsa Dust everywhere sounds great...LOL
But she does let me have a large part of the garage for my collection of planes.

CHELLIE
12-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Gee Wiz.....if only I could convince my Gal to fly planes with me.......I would be a happy guy indeed!!
Balsa Dust everywhere sounds great...LOL
But she does let me have a large part of the garage for my collection of planes.

Where have you been hidding at You Rascal ???? have not seen you on Wattflyers for a while ;-) I am in the planing stages of making a 72" W/S Foamy Bi Plane, bought the cowels, Depron & CF tube, I am going to make it something in between these two bi planes, Wish me luck, Take care, Chellie

Kirsty_Carnage
12-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Thank You Kirsty :ws: The Guy in the Background is the Renegades Rc flying Club President AL, or ALpea42 here on Wattflyers, the Mig was a lot of fun, and rolled like crazy :D I will fly it again next weekend, with the new adjustments made to it, Take care, Chellie

I hope you get some more video as well Chellie, my fiance is thinking of making a foamie himself & he wants a jet...so he is also watching your progress over my shoulder:ws:

Kirsty & Ross xx

Kirsty_Carnage
12-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Chellie told me to launch that jet at a 45 deg. angle nose up. We didn't know it was gonna go verticle upon leaving my hand.

See, you guys ought to know about things going vertical if it's been in your hands:p>:p>:p>
Hope the guy you were talking to got the web address correctly..is he now a member?

Kirsty xx

Alpea42
12-29-2008, 04:33 PM
:Q:Q:Q "If we couldn't laugh , We would all go insane"

caltrop
12-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Where have you been hidding at You Rascal ???? have not seen you on Wattflyers for a while ;-) I am in the planing stages of making a 72" W/S Foamy Bi Plane, bought the cowels, Depron & CF tube, I am going to make it something in between these two bi planes, Wish me luck, Take care, Chellie

Good choice! I love the Ultimate - the best flying bipe in my opinion. In fact I'm putting one together wrong right now - OOPS! got the top & bottom ailerons mixed up and having to re-hinge them; I've decided to use pin hinges instead of CA hinge. Other than that it's going well. I did not like the covering in two places on this GP model though but you won't notice it in the air and it won't make a difference in how it flies.

Biplane Murphy
12-29-2008, 06:02 PM

Hi Chellie :)
I haven't been posting much lately, my working at home (My Gal works in town) means I get to double as Mr. Mom....LOL
Kids have about 4 weeks off at Christmas time, so they require much more time and attention.

I saw your post about the 6' foam bipe...:tc:
When you get to a production phase, I might need one of those...:)

Good choice! I love the Ultimate - the best flying bipe in my opinion. In fact I'm putting one together wrong right now - OOPS! got the top & bottom ailerons mixed up and having to re-hinge them; I've decided to use pin hinges instead of CA hinge. Other than that it's going well. I did not like the covering in two places on this GP model though but you won't notice it in the air and it won't make a difference in how it flies.

I Completely agree about the Ultimate bipe flying the best...:)

I have the little electric GP Ultimate Bipe, and it is my favorite plane yet.
I have had so many "mishaps" with it (Mostly Low Voltage Cutoff while hovering etc. low to the ground), yet it still flies extremely well.

If you have the little electric one, I highly recommend reinforcing the tail surfaces!! I have ripped apart the horizontal stabs a few times in high G manuevers. Also some flat carbon fiber strip on the elevators helps to!!!
I once folded one side of the elevator, right before a flat spin, and it did the most beautiful knife edge flat spin!!...LOL On accident....
It still flew great, and landed perfectly in that condition!!

I also agree about the covering on it.....not the best job, but it works.

Kirsty_Carnage
12-29-2008, 08:52 PM
:Q:Q:Q "If we couldn't laugh , We would all go insane"

Who is this woman Sane? :Q

Kirsty xx

caltrop
12-29-2008, 09:07 PM
YEP! That's what I got. I've heard about it folding under hi-G. I'm thinking of some reinforcments. I don't plan on getting that rough with it like I do my foamies that glue back together better.

I'm looking at the E-flite Ultimate later when I have some money. It's a bit bigger and stronger than the Great Planes version.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFL2750

Biplane Murphy
12-29-2008, 11:29 PM
YEP! That's what I got. I've heard about it folding under hi-G. I'm thinking of some reinforcments. I don't plan on getting that rough with it like I do my foamies that glue back together better.

I'm looking at the E-flite Ultimate later when I have some money. It's a bit bigger and stronger than the Great Planes version.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFL2750

Here are photos of the crude reinforcements I did on the tail. Ugly, but works perfectly.

Some flat carbon strips, some carbon rod, and some square basswood where the stab meets the fuselage (top and bottom) (triangle would have been prettier...LOL)

caltrop
12-31-2008, 04:52 PM
So, how many women pilots do we have on WattFlyer?

Half a dozen or so?

-

I'm looking at starting my own business soon so that I don't keep getting laid off or the company goes out of business. I have friends that have had the same job for over 20 years. The longest I've had was 6 years and that was in the military. If I had my college degree instead of just 3 years things might be different. At least I'm not bored with the same job day after day...

What business am I starting you say? An RC shop of course. Probably won't have time to fly running a business. I guess I could fly in the parking lot after work.
Economic Conditions: November 2008 “Retail Sales Silver Lining”
According to the U.S. Census Bureau:
Only two retail segments showed positive growth in September 2008
1. General Merchandise
2. Sporting Goods, Hobby and Books

September 2008 retail sales at “hobby, toy and games stores” were up 5.2 percent, to $1.23 billion, compared to September 2007.

September 2008 data also showed that year-to-date retail sales at “hobby, toy and game stores” were up 9.6 percent to $11.1 billion through September 2008 compared to the same point in 2007.

According to the Census Bureau, sales at “hobby, toy and game stores” in 2008 have been up every month in 2008 compared to 2007.
Items like Horizon's micro flyers have had a big impact on RC sales. Those little planes (Cessna, Ember, Vapor) and the Blade micro CX have been selling FAST! There's new stuff in the works for this spring, a new fully aerobatic Bind-N-Fly micro plane has a video here on WattFlyer. The neat thing about Horizon's micro's is that they're repairable; no more fly, crash, & in the trash. The micro planes are true backyard flyers but the big planes are still fun too.

Here's the post by someone at Horizon:
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=516956&postcount=1

-

Later :ws:

Lieutenant Loughead
12-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Caltrop! That's GREAT information! May I ask where you found it?

I'd like to point my father (who's financially backing my hobby business) to that "official" web site. Maybe it would change his mind about our economic times (and the timing of opening my store).

Franny
12-31-2008, 10:38 PM
Hi all,

If a woman's place is in the kitchen, check out my new kitchen!!! This is where I will cook up my next projects. There is no stove, but I do have an iron (albeit a small one), a good vent fan, and lots of counter tops! :)

So, we just finished the basement and the craft room was high on my list. I built the work benches out of Melamine board and 3/4" MDF. Those are ceiling tiles placed upside down for building.

No Craft Room is complete without a movie system! I swiped the 37" LCD from the bedroom and I wired the room for sound before drywall. I also have a nice window and glass french doors that open to the workout room. Light is a bunch of 50W halogen bulbs on a nice swivel fixture. That carpet is nice to capture small run-away screws and to cover up the crapely poured concrete floor.

Now, what to start first? I think the big triplane...

Happy New Years everyone!!!

Franny

MustangMan
12-31-2008, 10:48 PM
That's a SWEET looking, and ROOMY setup. I'm really envious!

Franny
12-31-2008, 11:01 PM
One of life's best pleasures... To sit in a comfy room and watch some Simpsons or Next Gen and glue little bits of balsa together. I'm psyched!!

Here is a photo of the "Hole" at the last house... Try to unfold a 3M sailplane in there!!

f

jasmine2501
01-01-2009, 12:45 AM
One of life's best pleasures... To sit in a comfy room and watch some Simpsons or Next Gen and glue little bits of balsa together. I'm psyched!!

Here is a photo of the "Hole" at the last house... Try to unfold a 3M sailplane in there!!

f
Mmmkay... if you built those beautiful planes in there... I should be able to build a full-scale Eaglerock on my kitchen table :D

CHELLIE
01-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Hi Caltrop :) Good for you, You Go Girl, I will be doing the same, but MFG planes so you can sell them for me :D I will PM you later about the details, I think you will like them, Also, Link to nitroplanes.com every sales that you redirect from your web page, you receive a 5% commision, do that with a few companies, and that will help to finance your New Buisness, also redirecting people to PayPal to sign up, at times pays dividens up to $25.00 per person that signs up for a paypal account, Good luck to you in your new endeavors, Chellie

CHELLIE
01-01-2009, 01:41 AM
Hi Franny :ws: Dang Girl, You Just remodeled your last home, and now your remodeling a new home ???? I wish i had your energy :Q That looks great, Nice work, Did you build the speakers into the wall ???? I though that what I understood :silly:Take Care and Happy new years to you and everyone :ws: Chellie

CHELLIE
01-01-2009, 01:44 AM
Happy New Years Everyone :D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sADdc8LefL0

CHELLIE
01-01-2009, 01:45 AM
Mmmkay... if you built those beautiful planes in there... I should be able to build a full-scale Eaglerock on my kitchen table :D

Go For it Jasmine :ws: I dare you :D Happy New Years, Chellie

CHELLIE
01-01-2009, 01:51 AM

f

I Want A Copy of the Bi Plane Plans, That are hanging on the Wall :Q :D ;-) Chellie

Airhead
01-01-2009, 02:18 AM
Hi jasmine,
I'd like to see those photos.......:<:

jasmine2501
01-01-2009, 04:25 AM
Hi jasmine,
I'd like to see those photos.......:<:

Well this is the one I want to build... thinking maybe 1/4 scale would be about right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Eaglerock-front.jpg

Franny
01-01-2009, 04:26 AM
Hi Chellie,

Those plans are for the little Dare DR.I in my avatar actually. I love to use old plans like wall paper! To the left are the plans for my Goldberg 1/2A Blazer.

So the speakers are actually little Nanostat cube speakers mounted to the wall but the wiring is behind the wall. Finding them after the drywall went up was fun... I just uploaded new photos of the finished basement to my site. We went nuts... Full projection theater system, salt water reef tank, craft room, workout room the works! I'm soooo glad it is all done.

Maybe we can have some of the neighborhood kids over for a few airplane building sessions! Hook 'em while they're young!

f

Airhead
01-01-2009, 05:15 AM
Well this is the one I want to build... thinking maybe 1/4 scale would be about right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Eaglerock-front.jpg
Whoa...
Thats nice... A lot of work..

jasmine2501
01-01-2009, 07:15 AM
Whoa...
Thats nice... A lot of work..

It is a part of Colorado history, and something which isn't particularly well-known. The only reason I would build a scale plane is to enjoy a part of history, otherwise I'll stick to the helicopters and the 3D and pattern planes.

caltrop
01-01-2009, 04:23 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Aircraft_Company

Eaglerock helped Mooney get started in Kerrville TX (I've been there).

A woman pilot also recreated a Eaglerock monoplane in 2006.
http://msbullet.com/pages/1/index.htm
these take a while - PDF's
http://www.marana.com/DocumentView.asp?DID=1505
http://www.marana.com/DocumentView.asp?DID=1504

There's a Eagle rock plane on display in the SEATAC airport (been there too).

-

Where have I been? Parents from IN; born in FL; raised in TX; military all over (no overseas, I did volunteer; my dad was military too); back to IN with my parents... still here but want to go back to WA (not Seattle, too damp) where I was stationed. WA is one of the few states that has no state income tax! IN is terrible with their government & taxation but I'm stuck for now. Hmmm... haven't been on the east coast yet.

Oh, Jasmine, I've been to CO too, Denver area USAF Accounting & Finance Center. I was not there long since this was only a temporary assignment & I was too busy to see much but what I did see was nice.

:ws:

brinnaaa
01-02-2009, 06:12 AM
Happy 09 Everybody!

Kirsty_Carnage
01-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Happy new year fellow fliers, I just hope its far far better than last year:(

CHELLIE
01-03-2009, 06:50 AM
Hi Everyone :ws: Happy 2009 , I found a biPlane that I like, its kind of in between the two I posted, nice colors too, and I Found a Female Pilot too that should fit into the plane :D just hope the Joy stick does not get in the way of the Hooters :Q :D ;-) Take care, Chellie

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=88892&d=1230961803

CHELLIE
01-03-2009, 06:52 AM
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=88893&d=1230961803

CHELLIE
01-03-2009, 06:57 AM
Hi Chellie,

Those plans are for the little Dare DR.I in my avatar actually. I love to use old plans like wall paper! To the left are the plans for my Goldberg 1/2A Blazer.

So the speakers are actually little Nanostat cube speakers mounted to the wall but the wiring is behind the wall. Finding them after the drywall went up was fun... I just uploaded new photos of the finished basement to my site. We went nuts... Full projection theater system, salt water reef tank, craft room, workout room the works! I'm soooo glad it is all done.

Maybe we can have some of the neighborhood kids over for a few airplane building sessions! Hook 'em while they're young!

f

I Love your wallpaper Franny :D great Designs, dont make the hobby room to nice, or you wont want to leave it to go out and Fly ;-) Take care, Chellie

Rabbitcreekok
01-03-2009, 07:16 AM
Hmmmmmmmm, Chellie, red hair and tattooed eyebrows. Who might that be?:roll: Looks like a photo I saw recently in another tread.:tc:

CHELLIE
01-03-2009, 07:27 AM
hmmmmmmmm, chellie, red hair and tattooed eyebrows. Who might that be?:roll: Looks like a photo i saw recently in another tread.:tc:

:D :D :D lol

CHELLIE
01-03-2009, 08:41 AM
http://wings1944.blogspot.com/

Biplane Murphy
01-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Hi Everyone :ws: Happy 2009 , I found a biPlane that I like, its kind of in between the two I posted, nice colors too, and I Found a Female Pilot too that should fit into the plane :D just hope the Joy stick does not get in the way of the Hooters :Q :D ;-) Take care, Chellie

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=88892&d=1230961803

Hi Chellie,
That looks like a Great Planes Super Skybolt.
Here's Mine....Kit Built.....12 lbs...... 4-stroke 1.20 engine.....Onboard Smoke System.....That is my favorite plane. I spent about a year sloooooowwwwly building it!!

CHELLIE
01-04-2009, 06:10 AM
You Have Great Taste Chris :D That is a very very nice looking biplane, I like it because the fuselage is longer than the Eagle and the Ultimate, Soooo, My Goal, is to make it a little like the Ultimate, with both wings swept back, rounded off wings and control surfaces, longer fuselage, a boxed cowl nose, I want to take the best of what each plane has to offer and make one with the best of all 3, i Know, tall order, but i can try :p> Take care, Chellie

Attached Thumbnails
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=88324&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1230541191 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=88324&d=1230541191)
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=88325&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1230541191Attached Thumbnails
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89058&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1231014123 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89058&d=1231014123)
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89059&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1231014123 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89059&d=1231014123)
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89060&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1231014123 (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89060&d=1231014123)

Airhead
01-04-2009, 06:13 AM
Nice one Murph.. good job..:D

Biplane Murphy
01-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks Guys, (Guy and Gal).

If I were to modify the Skybolt design, I would definately significantly increase the size of tail control surfaces, and also increase the ailerons too.

It will never 3D in a stock form. Too Heavy, and not enough power from the engine to hover and punch out vertically.

However, an electric foam version would do nicely with increased surfaces....:)

Chellie, put me on the list for your Super Eagle Ultimate Skybolt Combination Creation !!

Kirsty_Carnage
01-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Dr.Chellie Frankenstein...that's what I'm going to call you when you create that beast..I know it will fly lovely, keep it up Chellie.

Kirsty xxx

CHELLIE
01-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks Guys, (Guy and Gal).

If I were to modify the Skybolt design, I would definately significantly increase the size of tail control surfaces, and also increase the ailerons too.

It will never 3D in a stock form. Too Heavy, and not enough power from the engine to hover and punch out vertically.

However, an electric foam version would do nicely with increased surfaces....:)

Chellie, put me on the list for your Super Eagle Ultimate Skybolt Combination Creation !!

I Sure will Chris :D I have the foam, prop, carbon fiber, etc on order for it, the mail is really slow, due to the holidays, funny thing is that I bought some Revlon Colorstay Lipcolor on Ebay, the seller is in the UK, and I got my lip color, before my foam and parts have got to me, and i ordered the airplane stuff, before the lipcolor ???? go figure :D Thank you for the suggestions Chris, I will make all the control surfaces much bigger, thats for sure ;-) Take care, Chellie

CHELLIE
01-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Dr.Chellie Frankenstein...that's what I'm going to call you when you create that beast..I know it will fly lovely, keep it up Chellie.

Kirsty xxx

Thats Cute :D I like it, :eek: :eek: :eek: ITS ALIVE :eek: :eek: :eek:

CHELLIE
01-04-2009, 08:56 PM
I have to watch out for Phil :D one of our Renegade Club members, he always has a camera with him, and he is not afraid to shoot it :Q its like candid camera when i go flying :p> he got me when i was not Smiling :D
any way, I was flying my scratch built mig 29 this was the second maiden flight, its getting the bugs taken out of it :rolleyes: i had to add some more nose weight, and give the motor some down thrust, its getting there, Take care, Chellie

http://vimeo.com/2648235?pg=embed&sec=2648235

Alpea42
01-05-2009, 01:19 AM
hmm Biker Chic, tatoos, bandana and builds and flys R/C planes . I don't think I ever saw your profile on E Harmoney . com. :D My problem with the Click wasn't the ESC it was the sticky trainer sw. on my old Eclipse 7 Tx. Steve took it for a flight today that had us watching in awe. Chellie make your bi-plane look like this http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77581&d=1220842797

CHELLIE
01-05-2009, 01:41 AM
Those are some nice profile planes AL :ws: I was looking for a more conventional style of plane like the ultimate, Eagle and i think the GP Super Sport with some changes will look and fly great, how about 4" wide ailerons or bigger :D and a bigger rudder and elevator, with 45 degree movement :Q it will have a full fuselage body on it, My foam and stuff i ordered sure is taking its sweet time getting here :mad: I want to get started on this Giant :p> Take care, Chellie

Hmmmmm E Harmony.com ,I will have to check it out :Q :D ;-)
Naaa, Guys just take up to much of my Rc Building and flying time away from me :p> :p> :p> :p>

xuzme720
01-05-2009, 03:50 AM
Naaa, Guys just take up to much of my Rc Building and flying time away from me :p> :p> :p> :p>
Only if they weren't building and flying with you, Chellie!

CHELLIE
01-05-2009, 03:56 AM
only if they weren't building and flying with you, chellie!

lol :D :D :D