PDA

View Full Version : Thread Preview Suggestion

gfdengine204
01-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Mike,

Currently, when you hover the cursor over the Title Box of a thread, you get a preview of the first line or two of the thread.

Would it be possible to get a preview of the last post when you hover the cursor over the "Last Post" icon? Sometimes, in my old age, I forget if I have checked the last post in a thread, and if I have logged on to WF from a different computer, it doesn't always recognize what I have already viewed.

Mike Parsons
01-05-2009, 09:01 PM
The fetch isnt set up that way to date, so it wouldnt be as simple as flipping a switch. Doesn't seem it would be too hard to code in though and provide a first post/last post switch in the control panel.

gfdengine204
01-05-2009, 09:07 PM
OK....just add that to your list of things to do when you have nothing else to do.....;)

Thanks Mike. You da man!

groundrushesup
01-05-2009, 09:42 PM
The fetch isnt set up that way to date, so it wouldnt be as simple as flipping a switch. Doesn't seem it would be too hard to code in though and provide a first post/last post switch in the control panel.

I can see it now - another query to the DB for a truncated post body string for every post in the listing - might add some overhead eh?

I sorta miss programming in PHP. :p>

Mike Parsons
01-05-2009, 10:11 PM
I can see it now - another query to the DB for a truncated post body string for every post in the listing - might add some overhead eh?

I sorta miss programming in PHP. :p>
Sorta is right! ;)