PDA

View Full Version : Screen size when viewing Wattflyer website

phupper
01-31-2009, 01:53 AM
I've noticed that the text in the posts runs off the right edge of my screen and I have to scroll right to view it. I had to go up to 1600x1200 to get the whole page on one screen. I normally use 1024x768 as my screen resolution, and don't remember having this problem before. I recently reinstalled Windows, so maybe it's happening on my end. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!

Phil

max2112
01-31-2009, 06:42 PM
Hey, phupper.
I have a wide screen monitor and mine is set at 1280 x 768. And every once in a while my WattFlyer does what you describe. It doesn't stay that way long and is usually back to normal the very next time I log on.

So I just always chalked it up to coding gnomes working on the internet machine.;)

Figure.N9ne
01-31-2009, 06:46 PM
do it happen in every post? sometimes a picture or even text can break the formatting in a thread and make you have to scroll sideways. i'm viewing the forums right now on my 8.9 inch netbook with a resolution of 1024x600 and the formatting is fine. if its happening every post, something is probably wrong on your end.

phupper
01-31-2009, 08:09 PM
It doesn't happen in every thread. In fact, I noticed that it happens on most of the threads that I started. I usually type my posts in MS Word, then copy/paste them into the forum window. Maybe that's what does it?

Figure.N9ne
01-31-2009, 09:04 PM
It doesn't happen in every thread. In fact, I noticed that it happens on most of the threads that I started. I usually type my posts in MS Word, then copy/paste them into the forum window. Maybe that's what does it?

that could be throwing off the formatting on the posts.

Rabbitcreekok
02-01-2009, 06:14 AM
I have two different size screens, a 22" widescreen and a 19" and Wattflyer fills the screen in both without any effort on my part.

What causes the problem is a single post which, through some means such as a large photo or perhaps the Word posting Phupper spoke about, will cause that page of the thread to be wider than usual. The next page of the thread will go back to normal.

I know this is not a technical explanation, but I believe that is how it works. Mike P. can give the technical stuff.

Mike Parsons
02-02-2009, 03:13 PM
I have two different size screens, a 22" widescreen and a 19" and Wattflyer fills the screen in both without any effort on my part.

What causes the problem is a single post which, through some means such as a large photo or perhaps the Word posting Phupper spoke about, will cause that page of the thread to be wider than usual. The next page of the thread will go back to normal.

I know this is not a technical explanation, but I believe that is how it works. Mike P. can give the technical stuff.

You did just fine :)

A while back I killed HTML posting for that very reason. I found that those who posted from a MS word document, would cause the PHP formatting to go screwey.