PDA

View Full Version : Support_Needed "Upload Photos" feature is not working properly.

Lieutenant Loughead
03-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Hey -- I am trying to upload two photos of two of my new airplanes to "My Photos". The form seems to work, but after the upload, I get a blank web page (just a white page) and the photos were not uploaded.

Thank you!
:)

MustangMan
03-22-2011, 02:53 AM
Hey -- I am trying to upload two photos of two of my new airplanes to "My Photos". The form seems to work, but after the upload, I get a blank web page (just a white page) and the photos were not uploaded.

Thank you!
what are the pixel dimensions of your photos? I've had this happen if I try to upload photos bigger than 1200 x 1000.

Lieutenant Loughead
03-22-2011, 04:53 AM
1152 x 864

MustangMan
03-23-2011, 03:19 AM
Look for PM instructions. Thanks.

Lieutenant Loughead
03-24-2011, 04:06 AM
Any luck uploading the photos I sent you? What's the deal? :confused:

simibill
09-15-2011, 11:18 PM

Thank you!

I also am having no luck in uploading photos to the members gallery. Anybody know what's going on?

Don Sims
09-16-2011, 01:11 AM
We really don't know whats going on. Nathan is aware of the problem and has been trying to fix it.

kyleservicetech
09-16-2011, 01:46 AM
We really don't know whats going on. Nathan is aware of the problem and has been trying to fix it.

I've also run across this issue. My primary camera is a Canon SX20IS, where the typical file size of a photo is some 3.5 Megabytes. Downloading this to www.wattflyer.com (http://www.wattflyer.com) usually winds up in failure.

But, if you reduce the file size to a megabyte or so, for me, it's always worked without problems when sending the file to wattflyer.

One freeware program for doing file reduction is:
http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

I've been using this program for many years, its a very good program, especially for the price. If you open a photo with this program, and move the mouse cursor to the extreme bottom, you'll see what looks like evergreen trees. Then change the Pixels to 1200X900 (Your camera might have different value other than 900 pixels) and save the file by moving the cursor to the left screen and go to file save as.

Take a look at the attached screen dump. Note that FastStone dropped the file size from near 8 Megabytes to 1 Megabyte.

simibill
09-16-2011, 01:55 AM

It does seem that the dimensions of the file are a limiting factor in addition to the file size. I tried uploading a file that previously wouldn't work but now was accepted. I reduced the dimensions (HxW) by scaling my photo 50%. YMMV

kyleservicetech
09-16-2011, 04:35 AM
It does seem that the dimensions of the file are a limiting factor in addition to the file size. I tried uploading a file that previously wouldn't work but now was accepted. I reduced the dimensions (HxW) by scaling my photo 50%. YMMV

Take a look at the file size of your 50% photo. Bet it is much lower, on the order of a megabyte or so???

simibill
09-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Take a look at the file size of your 50% photo. Bet it is much lower, on the order of a megabyte or so???

Before scaling, the file size was 919K after scaling it is 774K. Neither of these file sizes should have prevented an upload.

kyleservicetech
09-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Before scaling, the file size was 919K after scaling it is 774K. Neither of these file sizes should have prevented an upload.

I'd have lost that bet! Assuming the original file was a JPG file?

simibill
09-16-2011, 07:21 PM
I'd have lost that bet! Assuming the original file was a JPG file?

Yes, sure was.